Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

show hue light under category lights?

Question

If i add hue lights with the plugin, the lights will show as virtual device. Is there a way to "move" it to the light categories? So it will show in the app in the lights?

-valle-

12 answers to this question

Before I used plugins and now I'm using virtual devices (VD) but for both I never found a way to put them under Lights section. But on the other hand it really does not matter because all my lights are automated so in 99% time we don't need to touch either buttons on app or switches on the wall

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There is no solution known to me so far. But I asked Fibaro some time ago, to check possibility to remake plug-in into something similar to Netatmo, because Netatmo can be accessed from Temperature section in Fibaro app.

I know Hue are light, but I meant by that to use same proxy control (lamp with slider, RGBW look for RGBW bulb) as Z-Wave devices use, when you add them to Fibaro system and locate Hue lights to Light section.

• Like 1

any news because this???

i love the fibaro system, but let the lights pls chose as lights because they are lights.

make your system more comfortabel like io broker or something. we paid many for your hc2!!!!!

sry for my bad english, but can you also pls add that we can change the Picture for the Hue Lamps?

Unfortunately I have no solution. I would also very much like the Hue lights to behave as lights, be possible to add in scenes etc. Please add this function. I seriously consider bringing the HC2 back to the dealer, because I have quite a few Hue lights, and this is not making my life easier.

-Simon

• Like 1

Setting up the Fibaro HC2 with a couple of dimmers and about 42 Hue bulbs, I found it very disappointing to learn the following: 

-It does not support the Hue movement sensors (with built in temperature sensors) 

-It does not support Hue switches

-It is not possible to categorize the Hue bulbs as lighs

-You do not inherit any attributts from the Hue app, so it's a mess to figure out where the bulbs are

My conclusion is that the Hue plugin need some serious work!

Edited by bentrik

Maybe you can try this one:

It is virtual device so still can't be categorized to lighting in old app. In provided User manual you can find how to install and use this set. I'm working on new one, but don't know yet when I will publish it.