Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Lighting scene to help elder people during night

intouch

Question

Hello everyone! 

I'm trying to figure out a good block scene to help elder people in their bedroom, during night (e.g.: Wake up to go to the bathroom at night). 

I'm using motion sensor + dimmer modules + door sensor.

My concern: not trigger the scene with motion sensor while he/she is moving in bed during sleep time, but only when he/she stands up to go to the bathroom.

Any tips?

7 answers to this question

Guest sfkostas

You can "point" the motion sensor to be triggered from motion over 1,5 m. With some trials you could find the right position.

Did you try to put the motion sensor underneath the bed?

Just a thought....

Did you try to put the motion sensor underneath the bed?

Just a thought....

Wouldn't that trigger say when wind moves plant or some cat walks by (because plant moved and cats are curious)?

Best placement locations are usually near top corner of the room for best coveradge.

Given its planed use do please take care to review and edit advanced parameters 2 and 3 (8 seconds is bit too much for this intent i think).

Wouldn't that trigger say when wind moves plant or some cat walks by (because plant moved and cats are curious)?

Best placement locations are usually near top corner of the room for best coveradge.

Given its planed use do please take care to review and edit advanced parameters 2 and 3 (8 seconds is bit too much for this intent i think).

I you have a curious cat it definitely loves the small ball lighting up with red-white-blue light when touched...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

I you have a curious cat it definitely loves the small ball lighting up with red-white-blue light when touched...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

Cats are great pets, only problem with them is that they tend to scratch everything ESPECIALLY if it dose funny things.

I am offcourse assuming stuff but still having anny sensitive device within reach of cats is not going to end wel... for that device.