Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Feature request] Fibaro relay swith - 24VDC

jakub.jezek

Since Fibaro stopped to produce their relay switch with 230V / 24VDC. This type of switch is still requested by customers for easiest way to control devices powered by 24 Volts. And customers do not want RGBW becouse they use this type of switch to control they

Please login or register to see this link.

and 24V sprinklers, becouse RGBW modules are for PWM and cannot be added into sprinkler panel.

So maybe when they will work on new switches with Z-Wave Plus chip, they could add 24VDC power supply support.

Guest samuelboerhoop

Qubino does have Zwave module with switches. www.qubino.com

• Topic Author
  • Qubino does have Zwave module with switches. www.qubino.com

Yes it has, but i do not remember, this device has a template in Fibaro for qubino stuffs. And fibaro had relays for 24VDC FGS-211 and FGS-221. With new desing (FGS-212, FGS-222), there is no possibility to power it by 24 Volts.

I agree, although I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated readily available 12/24v relay already on the market.

It's an outdoor automators dream  ..

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Outdoor lighting, sprinklers, garage doors and gates .. they are all available in 12/24 vdc around my neck of the woods.. which is perfect for outdoors ...

Cheers,

al.

We know that some users use our Switches in that way and they will be still in sale

Well I wanted to order Fibaro 24VDC switches from vendor in Croatia and they told me that this type FGS212 (211) is obsolete and not possible to order any more. So is this true or not? Is it possible to order this switches for sprinkler system and other DIY projects? I can not believe that you remove them from the list of available devices. If you really did then this is the stupidest thing you (Fibaro) did in a while!!!

• Topic Author
  • Well, our sales department told me too, these products (fgs-211 and fgs-221) are not available, that is why i created this thread on Forum. Now i hope 24V DC will be back in Fibaro relay swithes wiht Z-Wave Plus chip.

And we have many questions from our customers (installers/developers) about 24VDC switches.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the forum and Fibaro. I would also like to see a 12/24V relay. I have recently integrated Fibaro with my home security system using Universal sensors. I would have liked to go the whole way and have a relay that triggers the alarm box. This could have been achieved if the Universal sensor outputs could be controlled by lua. Could this be done with maybe a firmware upgrade to the U/S. 

Universal sensor is only sensor and can't be controlled by controller. Those two outputs on U/S are triggered only by two inputs respectfully. If you want to trigger alarm box then you can use relay module because even this new version need 230VAC for supply, relay can switch other power source independently.

Thank you for your reply. I fully understand that the U/S is a sensor but it can be controlled by the controller in being Normally open or closed relay. If the software can do that why can't it do more. And yes I understand that a 240V relay could trigger the bell but that would be useless if the mains had been cut. The alarm system has a battery back up which powers the U/S. Surely it can't be too much work to produce something that can be triggered by the home centre with a 12/24Volt supply. It would open up so many avenues and make Fibaro more money as a result of more orders.

Sorry form my bad english but I tought that I was clear that universal sensor outputs can not be controlled by controller but they change state normally open or closed depending on the state of two inputs on U/S. You are right, 240V relay is not good choice for activating alarm system bell but unfortunately Fibaro for some reason don't have any more relay modules that work on 24VDC so you will have to check other producers.

• Topic Author
  • Well, some alaram systems are using potential-free inputs, so you can use 230V. But i recommend to read manual or contacting manufacturer or distributor to check it, if it has such an inputs.

Now i believe Qubino has good switches (24 VDC) for control such a system. But when Fibaro will decide to come up with new relays (with Z-Wave Plus chip). I wish, they could come back with 24VDC power supply.

Sorry for my bad english.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I think I may have a solution to my problem, I think the RGBW module will do exactly what I require to trigger a bell box meaning I can now use HC2 to function as my alarm system using the existing alarm devices (PIRs switches etc). I will also be able to leave the current system operating unarmed as a backup. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

+1

12/24V DC supplied, 4 channel dry contact module. A set of common and normally open contacts for each channel. 10 terminals in total -> V+, V-, C1, NO1, C2, NO2, C3, NO3, C4, NO4.

Even better would be a 4 channel IO module where the channels can be programmed as dry input or output.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just to refresh this idea because need for 24V relay modules is still present. I have still difficulty to even understand why Fibaro stop producing 24V relay?

To give some proof that it is needed here are my cases where I would use it:

• gate opening/closing (have 3 of them)
    • garage door opening/closing
    • irrigation system with 10 zones
    • control of some devices that can be added to HA where low voltage relay is must for safety reasons and easier implementation

So , only I need 16 PCS of them for starters! But I know I will find more use for this kind of relay module! Except for irrigation RGBW module is overkill for most of the other uses. But then again I don't want to use one module to control more than one zone due to some practical reasons, like if it fails I will loose four zones for irrigation instead of one!

FIBARO, please, if you can make intercom, thermostat and many other nice devices I'm sure that 24V relay module is peanuts for you and there is market for it no doubt in that. :-) 

• Like 1