Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Alarm keypad with status?

Ace02

Question

Hi,

I have pretty much searches the whole internet, without finding an good solution..

Is there any keypad out there, that can be used with the fibaro alarm panel, that also (with a LED or something) indicates if the alarm is active or not in the HC2?

I don't think that there is a retail version of anything able to do this, so i'm pretty much convinced that the solution is somehow DIY..

I totally new to the alarm part of Fibaro, but would like to use this instead of my old Jablotron alarm system.. But in order to do so I need an appropriate keypad..

Hope some of you can come up with a solution.. 

4 answers to this question

While i can nt (alas) think of anny solution either. i think you can have do it yourselve one. just buy anny old keypad with z-wave and have RGBW module installed nearby, than you can place LED either within said keypad (for underlight which would be pretty awsome) or nearby.

You would have to make additionall scenes that would swap those lights but i am quite certain that such scene would be rather easy (alarm turn off, LED = green, alarm turn on LED = red -- 2 scenes and sicne there are no more than 2 states you need not to worry about some turn of when states).

Bessides if you do this yourselve youll have something amazing to be proud of no?

The

Please login or register to see this link.

Concept or Integriti alarm system can do this with their Elite or Prisma keypads. The Elite has 4 and the Prisma 8 assignabled LEDS along the top of the keypad.

I use them for this exact reason 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

• Inquirer
  • The

Please login or register to see this link.

Concept or Integriti alarm system can do this with their Elite or Prisma keypads. The Elite has 4 and the Prisma 8 assignabled LEDS along the top of the keypad.

I use them for this exact reason 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Sounds really interesting.. 

Could You detail a bit more how you have set this up.. Modules used, wirings and so on?

Simplest setup is a controller (including 16 wired zones on board) and a keypad  Bus wiring is cat5/6 between the controller and keypad. An automation setting on the controller is used for 2-way TCP communication with HC2.

Not DIY solution though sorry. Need to be certified to get the licenses and software required for programming.