Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGS-222 getting stuck in ON position

Mehdiz

Hello,

I have a probem with fgs-222 modules.

Regularly my fgs-222 get stuck in ON position and I cannot swhitch them off from the interface or from the physical wall switch button.

I have to get them out of the gangbox in the wall and tap tap on them gently in order for them to go off.

It appears that the spring of the relay gets stuck in the ON position.

Did it happen to other people among you guys and what did you do to solve the problem.

Help would be most welcome as it is becoming a real pain.

the load on these fgs-222 is only 7 × 18w led lamps.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Use between FGS-222 and LED load a dumb relay, that handle big electrical peak. It will do anytime, becouse electrical peak is too high, when you turn it on without dumb relay.

• Topic Author
  • Ok, Can you explain to me further what is a dumb relay and how can I put it to solve my problem?

Well dumb relay is ordinary relay, that can be controlled only by some switch (power supply is on/off). I would probably use something like

Please login or register to see this link.

• 1 month later...

You need to have the following conditions to be able to use the "dumb" relay:

1. You need to know how to connect it

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

2. You need to have extra space for it somewhere near the switch.

If you managed this, than just buy relay suitable for 230V operation and for the desired load and than you will connect one part of relay that controls itself to the powered output terminals of FGS and the second part of dumb relay will be connected to the live wire and the bulbs. In this case, when you turn on the FGS, it will "turn on" the dumb relay, that will turn on the bulb.

This dumb relay is the matter of few € and should be more heavy duty than FGS one and in case its broken, it doesnt affect the FGS.  

It's still too early to be 100% certain, but the newer FGS-213 and FGS-223 (Z-Wave Plus) seem to have a newer relay. Someone has tested it with 3000 cycles on a load that used to weld the older relays, and it was still OK. That looks promising...

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

in the past i have the same issue in my electrical system, although the load driven: 8 bulbs led, are smaller than the teorical peak value of Fibaro switch.

Sounds like the relay contacts are welded together -

Please login or register to see this link.

This usually happens due to high in-rush currents.

There’s a chance you can “free” the contacts by gently tapping the device with the back of a screwdriver (disconnect it from mains first) so it's worth trying and see what happens.

Regards

Enrico

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 0:26 PM, petergebruers said:

It's still too early to be 100% certain, but the newer FGS-213 and FGS-223 (Z-Wave Plus) seem to have a newer relay. Someone has tested it with 3000 cycles on a load that used to weld the older relays, and it was still OK. That looks promising...

Very good news...

:-D

On 11/18/2016 at 2:15 PM, lyodf said:

Very good news...

:-D

Are these new 213 relay series solved the problem really?no need adding dumb relay any more?