Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Migration from HCL to HC2 possible?

MU-Germany

Question

Hello out there

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

I have got a HCL with a lot of devices (about 60) and now I want to turn the System to HC2.

Is it possible to easy migrate all devices to the new System?

Without a complete re-inclusion?

I do not want to pull every socket and every power-/ blind-switch out of the walls to exclude und new include them.

The scenes are not that important, I could write them complete new on the new HC. Important for me is not to open all sockets and switches and also to do the tricky inclusion of the window-sensors.

Hope there is a way for it...

Thanks to everybody who could help or give me a hit!

Hi @francisco,

I'm afraid that this forum is Fibaro's black hole almost completely ignored by Fibaro team. This forum is kept alive only by enthusiasts willing to help as much as they can. Support from Fibaro is completely erratic and unreliable here on this forum. So if you want to get some answers then is better to contact their support directly. You may be luckier there!

Admins and moderators of this forum are mostly absent from here and it is really hard to predict when any of them will show up and do some good for this forum and company they represent.

23 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @francisco,

I'm afraid that this forum is Fibaro's black hole almost completely ignored by Fibaro team. This forum is kept alive only by enthusiasts willing to help as much as they can. Support from Fibaro is completely erratic and unreliable here on this forum. So if you want to get some answers then is better to contact their support directly. You may be luckier there!

Admins and moderators of this forum are mostly absent from here and it is really hard to predict when any of them will show up and do some good for this forum and company they represent.

Hi @Sankotronic

Any chance you could post you solution for "Weather Status v1.0m [Standalone version]" in another part of the forum or just semd me the vd.

I'd really like to use it and it's not looking like the admins will 'approve' your post any time soon

You could always close the other post when/if they ever approve the one in crowd solutions

1 minute ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi @Sankotronic

Any chance you could post you solution for "Weather Status v1.0m [Standalone version]" in another part of the forum or just semd me the vd.

I'd really like to use it and it's not looking like the admins will 'approve' your post any time soon

You could always close the other post when/if they ever approve the one in crowd solutions

@AutoFrank,

Well it seems that you're right. I will transfer it to community support because this really doesn't make any more sense.

7 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

@AutoFrank,

Well it seems that you're right. I will transfer it to community support because this really doesn't make any more sense.

Thanks...

9 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks...

@AutoFrank

It is DONE! Weather solution with Netatmo Weather or without it can be found in Community support - Home Center 2

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

@AutoFrank

It is DONE! Weather solution with Netatmo Weather or without it can be found in Community support - Home Center 2

got it and working on getting it installed

thanks

-f

Made a ticket today on this issue. Response was very quick and very disappointing...

"...the migration is not possible at the moment.

Unfortunately we do not expects or see any technical possibility to change anything on this matter in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience..."

I do not want to open all switches again...

Hello!

To all Fibaro users - HCL and HC2 :)

Today for me is the big day of migration from HCL to HC2. I have a new HC2 ready to setup.

I understand, all scenes must to write again.

Any luck to easy import all devices (aprox 60) from HCL to HC2? Have somebody a new solution?

If is no way to import devices, i have another big question: i need to remove all devices (piece by piece) first from HCL, before to include in the new HC2?

Or is enough to hard reset HCL and after to including all devices in my new HC2?!?

Please tell me your experience.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, rss said:

Hello!

To all Fibaro users - HCL and HC2 :)

Today for me is the big day of migration from HCL to HC2. I have a new HC2 ready to setup.

I understand, all scenes must to write again.

Any luck to easy import all devices (aprox 60) from HCL to HC2? Have somebody a new solution?

If is no way to import devices, i have another big question: i need to remove all devices (piece by piece) first from HCL, before to include in the new HC2?

Or is enough to hard reset HCL and after to including all devices in my new HC2?!?

Please tell me your experience.

Thanks!

Oh allrighty, good luck with your migration!

As far as i understand it there is no way to make easy migration between Fibaro controllers, i've tried synchronization (assuming that the book was correct and the controlling unit is enforcing its ID on everything within the network and therby should aquire all subdevices of anny underlying controller) but that did not work (disconnecting the unites from one another ment that they ressuemd being completly independent, including all devicess they had).

Removing of devicess will have to alas be done one by one, but you can remove them on new controller ( each device allso stores information regarding network that they are in, for security, routing, misc. pourpouses ), which sadly dose not help too much but at least you dont ahve to have 2 units on at same time trying to make sense of what to remove from where.

it is actually easy:

- run recovery on HC2, recover it to 4.031 or 4.056 (4.031 work the best for me, sure 4.056 or 4.110 are good as well, but one have then soft config, sync and later soft config again)

- add as secondary

- let it sync

- move primary to HC2

- update to 4.110

- do soft config on all devices on HC2

- remove HCL

The major problem (my ticket is being investigated by Fibaro right now) are zwave plus devices, for all zwave devices it does works with no issues, but i was unable to clean soft configure zwave plus devices.

If you have only zwave devices, you can go that way, if zwave plus then i would say do clean include on new HC2.

3 minutes ago, Kuba13 said:

As far as i understand it there is no way to make easy migration between Fibaro controllers, i've tried synchronization (assuming that the book was correct and the controlling unit is enforcing its ID on everything within the network and therby should aquire all subdevices of anny underlying controller) but that did not work (disconnecting the unites from one another ment that they ressuemd being completly independent, including all devicess they had).

Removing of devicess will have to alas be done one by one, but you can remove them on new controller ( each device allso stores information regarding network that they are in, for security, routing, misc. pourpouses ), which sadly dose not help too much but at least you dont ahve to have 2 units on at same time trying to make sense of what to remove from where.

Thank you Kuba13!

Yes. I want to keep only HC2. For the moment is good to have acces to both HC, because is easy to copyng (manualy/typing) variables and notification messages with two laptop/monitors.

So, you think is good to remove first all devices, and after reincluding... to HC2.

Hmmm, i have a lot of work to do.... :-|

3 minutes ago, Kuba13 said:

Thank you Kuba13!

Yes. I want to keep only HC2. For the moment is good to have acces to both HC, because is easy to copyng (manualy/typing) variables and notification messages with two laptop/monitors.

So, you think is good to remove first all devices, and after reincluding... to HC2.

3 minutes ago, rss said:

Thank you Kuba13!

Hi @rss

Some other considerations that might be worth thinking about...

Many users use a hometable to store all device and scene id's

There are a lot of benefits and since you're effectively starting from scratch it may be worth looking at 

These is a tutorial and good discussion on a post I started.  Search for ' tutorial hometable '  and you should find it.

There are also some tutorials in lua scenes and virtual devices and tables.

A general search for Tutorial will bring them up. There may be some info there as you recreate your scenes, etc

-f

14 minutes ago, tinman said:

it is actually easy:

- run recovery on HC2, recover it to 4.031 or 4.056 (4.031 work the best for me, sure 4.056 or 4.110 are good as well, but one have then soft config, sync and later soft config again)

- add as secondary

- let it sync

- move primary to HC2

- update to 4.110

- remove HCL

The major problem (my ticket is being investigated by Fibaro right now) are zwave plus devices, for all zwave devices it does works with no issues, but i was unable to clean soft configure zwave plus devices.

If you have only zwave devices, you can go that way, if zwave plus then i would say do clean include on new HC2.

I already made the update of HC2 to 4.110. I try to make what you say if is possible.

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, tinman said:

it is actually easy:

- add as secondary

- let it sync

- move primary to HC2

- update to 4.110

- remove HCL

Well i learn something new every day,

i did not know that it could be done this way (than again i do not think i ever had 4.056)

mind if i steal this for my own needs?

Allso wont the HC2 just patch up to certain pre-defined versions after being recovered into factory version?

10 minutes ago, rss said:

Thank you Kuba13!

i'd guess try what man of tin suggests its bit complicated but if it works its gonna be worth it.

On 20. 7. 2016 at 10:42 PM, A.Socha said:

i will talk with support and documentation department to create manual because what i see it is unknown function

@A.Socha Is that document you wrote about somewhere where we can download it?

ok... Need help on my Switch from HCL to HC2.

About 50 actors I have to move....

is this the way to go?

"...it is actually easy:

- add as secondary

- let it sync

- move primary to HC2

- update to 4.110

- remove HCL

If you have only zwave devices, you can go that way, if zwave plus then i would say do clean include on new HC2....."

sorry i haven't time yet to write down the migration procedure :\