Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs Garage Door controller not configured

onesim

Question

FIbaro team,

i recently installed the Aeon Labs Garage Door controller... surprisingly it has been recognized by HC2 and appears in the device list with a nice icon showing a garage door with the open and close buttons

The buttons are ok and the open/close action is executed as expected

What is not working is a notification that state the device is not configured, and need configuration otherwise the z wave system may be affected in performance.

But, if click on the reconfiguration button, the process starts and after some time finiishes, but the device is still marked as not configured.

What can be the issue here?

UPDATE:

to make a summary of what i get (and confirmed by other user):

- Aeotec garage door controller seems to work with HC2. Door open and close according to buttons press, and door status (open, close, unknown) is properly recognized

- the device is shown as "not configured" in the device page

- the device do not have a template, but it isn't listed in the missing template device list. It's listed in the not configured device list

- i can add manually the parameters and change them to manage sound and flashing led, This seems to work

- device is missing in the block scenes so you need to use Lua if you like to control it in a scene

That said I believe we agree about the need for third party templates. To the question about priorities; it will obviously have to be up to Fibaro to decide. But third party templates are important for the users of z-wave system. You may start out with a simple system, but since no manufacture provide devices for all the things users eventually like to do as they get the taste for HA, most will over time end up with the need for third party devices - and in every day practical terms: Templates. So to serve the HCx customers and to keep people happy and loyal to Fibaro, the question remain between priorities or to increase capacity in this area of expertise.

This is a dealbreaker for me. I use Samsung Smarthings, and it is great with massive support for both Z-Wave and Zig-bee, but I feel there is something missing in the « User friendly » department .

I bought a HC2 and was ready  to start include all my fibaro, Aeonlab and other Z-wave products into this new gateway, before reading this.  ( really Fibaro, 2 years and no template for a simple product?!!).  

I know its time consuming, but In the endgame this is how you get more customers, new and converting from other systems I think. BUT If I have to use alot of time to include products thats not working, espesially from other known brands as Aeonlab (that is a common sales brand in Norway)  This is a big no no for me.

I will have to read some more before start switching system. Eventually return the HC2 and just stick to Samsung Smart Things

Edited by Tankekors

please check in device under device is blue log device not configured? if not ignore that information

• Inquirer
  • please check in device under device is blue log device not configured? if not ignore that information

Do you mean, like this:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It's blue and it says "not configured".

But it seems to work correctly (buttons are ok and door status is also ok)

yes that mean something is not working

• Inquirer
  • yes that mean something is not working

So, what you suggest to do? Is this device supposed to be supported by HC2? When i included it in the z wave network, there were no parameters, i added them manually according to Aeotec engineering guide i found on the web. I was able to set few things (like disabling the sound and some other staff), then now those parameters disappeared, and despite it's marked as "not configured", it is working as expected.

Is this device supposed to have a template? (i send the one i got from HC2 to fibaro support, just in case)

Is there anyone with this device that may confirm if it is working properly (and get configured properly?)

Many thanks

Simone

Simone,

this device is not working with most z-wave gateways, see

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Simone,this device is not working with most z-wave gateways, see

I see. So it seems I'm the first one testing this device...?

Btw, Aeotec web site is reporting gateways that are know to work with each of their device. I expect Fibaro will fully support this and whatever device the community request to be supported...

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

I see. So it seems I'm the first one testing this device...?

Btw, Aeotec web site is reporting gateways that are know to work with each of their device. I expect Fibaro will fully support this and whatever device the community request to be supported...

I´m also using this device, works perfect but the device are not configured.....  

• Inquirer
  • I´m also using this device, works perfect but the device are not configured.....  

So, just to make a summary of what i get:

- Aeotec garage door controller seems to work with HC2. Door open and close according to buttons press, and door status (open, close, unknown) is properly recognized

- the device do not have a template, but it isn't listed in the missing template device list. It's listed in the not configured device list

- i can add manually the parameters and change them to manage sound and flashing led, This seems to work

This summery are the same for me!

Additionally i can put in that the device is missing in the block scenes so you need to use Lua if you like to control it in a scene.. 

This summery are the same for me!

Additionally i can put in that the device is missing in the block scenes so you need to use Lua if you like to control it in a scene.. 

Hello,

@onesim, you can update your original post with this conclusions. Others will have a summary in the first post so there will be no need to scroll down and search for an answer

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

@onesim, you can update your original post with this conclusions. Others will have a summary in the first post so there will be no need to scroll down and search for an answer

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Done...

BTW, other users will not find an answer to THE QUESTION: is there any plan to create at least the template, and possibly solve the configuration issue?

For sure they will find the experience of at least two users that, at their own risk, bought an expensive device that is not fully supported... even if for some reason it's working.

Done...

BTW, other users will not find an answer to THE QUESTION: is there any plan to create at least the template, and possibly solve the configuration issue?

For sure they will find the experience of at least two users that, at their own risk, bought an expensive device that is not fully supported... even if for some reason it's working.

Hello,

Speaking of templates and integration, our team is discussing which devices should be put on the top of the list. At the moment, I have no specific information. I am gathering information about users' requests

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

Speaking of templates and integration, our team is discussing which devices should be put on the top of the list. At the moment, I have no specific information. I am gathering information about users' requests

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please, put on top the Aeonlab Led Bulb... there are several user requesting it! And, also the Garage door controller...

Please, put on top the Aeonlab Led Bulb... there are several user requesting it! And, also the Garage door controller...

Ah please, Aeon this, Aeon that, I prefer that plugin for Netatmo weather station is updated to support wind and rain gauge, also Sonos plugin to be updated with ability to group/ungroup zones, and desperately needed plugin for my Philips smart TV  and Smarter Coffee machine and I'm sure that there are more users with all this devices... bla bla bla

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just kidding.

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There are so many devices on the market that would be really nice to have support on Fibaro gateways but let’s face it, how many developers is needed for all that to make?

I would rather have complete list of compatible devices that are supported on HCL and HC2 now and making of that put on the top of the list! And then update it every time after releasing new firmware update. Is that possible to do?

I have sent them a support request to add the template. I would suggest all who want something added to send it to their support. The more that send the more they notice. 

For a few items that are important for me I send in almost every new firmware it is still not included just so it is not forgotten.

Hello,

Please make a voting system for devices not included yet and new features. This might help you in prioritising. 

UPDATE: Is this site official? 

Just want to mention that you get an error message if you try to close the port before the calibration is done. I struggled a bit before I figured this out. 

Error message:

ZTX_APPLICATION_BUSY_REQUEST_QUEUED_EXECUTED_LATER_$dev