Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Kuba13

So off-topics are here to be fun and i try to be jesty person so lets see if we cna get thread going about fandoms in relationship to smart tech,

i am allso science fiction fan BTW (just check tags).

My proposed topic is as follows: what was your favourite use of smart technology in what science fiction and why.

I will go with existentional thesis presented by Star trek The Next Generation, when their onboard computer got so smart it became self-aware and built itselve some sort of nest for conceousness .)

in theme very simillar to other epissode with those smart repair bots that allso gained conceousness. But done more impactfully due to the fact that it was entire ship that was afficted by those growing pains.

pretty neat epissode pretty nice mesage.

• 5 months later...
  • Topic Author
  • Right ill do sad addtion of empty thread.

I figured out that Technomages

Please login or register to see this image.

are effectively most amusing use of technology i can think of. The smarts comes in ways their creations seemingly do autonomous things (Viruss buys utter crap for Londo, that giant creature that is suposed to scare Vir away etc.) so yeah good concept from awsome TV show, utilising technology to give impression of magic (nowdays that'd be called meta since technology was used to create illusion of somethign happening on screen).

Well thats 2 good science fiction shwos and 2 technologies used to fairly decent effect in my opinion.