Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Everspring Flood Detector ST812

valle74

Question

Hi all, 

I am using a mentioned device for make sure my pools water level does not get o high.

Have been working great for a year, but I made my yearly check and wanted to exclude / include it to for the fun of it...(I know, WHY change a winning team....but I did it anyway..stupid of me..)

When I add the device it works REALLY good.  triple click on ST812 button and it is added straight away BUT when I test the ST812, in a glass of water, NOTHING happens, the ST812 wont beep (totally silent) no LED flashing which it should when it is triggered. HMM. Well it is old, been outside in cold Sweden for one winter. Maybe it is broken...Fair!

Ordered a brand new one. EXACTLY the same problem.

When I triple click the ST812 straight away it is saying "transfer ok" in the icon of HC2 .

When I am reading the user manual of ST812, I found a very interesting part:

Problem: No beep sound and LED not indicating when triggered

Reason: Not carry out inclusion

Solution: Include a node ID allocated by Z-Wave Controller

Can I do more than have done? Add new nevice? I tried to Soft reconfigure, hard configure.. everyting I can think of? And I can see that it belongs to a node..

Any advice for me? All help is appreciated!

Thanks Valle

11 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Included in unsafe mode?

Hola!

I thought I new something about Fibaro, but unsafe mode? How do I do that?

i would try

add it close by with secrutity mode on

tick this box: Add in security mode if device supports it

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but I got it working in a strange way..... By adding and deleting the device for about 20 times....it suddenly starts to work!!

I read this in another online store forum.

SO if they get excluded in any way I will test above suggestion, but now I am happy it work after so many hours fiddling. 

Thanks all!

Hi All,

I have exactly the same problem. Think it's a bug in 4.090 firmware update of HC2. I have 3 Everspring ST812 leak sensors. I added ONE of them a few months ago when I was running 4.082 firmware. Added fine and works perfectly. Upgraded to 4.090 recently. Tried adding the other two sensors but same odd behaviour as reported by valle74. They appear to add but don't react to water and keep beeping as though not included. Now the STRANGE part, the FIRST sensor which I added many months ago IS WORKING perfectly still! Needless to say, I won't try excluding it! So it's definitely a device inclusion bug with 4.090. Anybody any other experience of this or other solutions besides trying 20 times?

thanks, Denis 

Today, I was unable to include a Fibaro Door / Window sensor after 20 attempts. Firmware is 4.090. Device was glued to a door, 3 m from HC2 with nothing between them. Tried again with the device 20 cm from HC2 and by entering "add" mode via the button on the back of the HC2 (not the phone or web interface). Worked from the second attempt, which is remarkable for a D/W sensor.

Hi Petetburgers,

That's interesting indeed. Sounds like a similar problem to my ST812 leak detectors. Can you explain what this "add mode" button is about? I thought that "+" button on the back was about restoring/rebuilding? If you can explain how to do it, I will try to add my Everspring sensors and report back to forum.

thanks

Hi all, figured out how to use the "+" button. No success. The ST812 again 'appears' to be added to system but it keeps beeping and doesn't respond. So definitely a bug/strange behaviour with adding devices under 4.090 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

Ah... I got a ST812 that I don't use... somewhere. I'll try to find it and see if I can confirm your issue.

Hi Petergebruers,

Thanks for offering to try an ST812. It will be interesting to see what happens. Here, I have reset/repaired my HC2 (in recovery mode), downgraded to 4.083 (the HC2 offered me to install 4.083 or 4.090 when the HC2 finally rebooted and appeared on browser again) and restored most of my devices & settings from a 4.083 backup I had. The original ST812 was still there and working, thankfully, but  success! I am now able to include extra ST812 devices again (for my Utility room etc). So it really appears to be a 4.090 issue for me. I will stay on 4.083 for the moment. Let me know how your ST812 behaves under 4.090.  Thanks

Glad that worked out allright! I've found my sensor and here's a surprise: it included from the first attempt! Go figure! Maybe it depends on the firmware / version of the device? Mine is an "Everspring ST812", producer is "ZyXEL" and device firmware is "1.3".