Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

DIMMER 2 With updated firmware still switches off after 1 second.

tvs

Question

Hi,

I know this is a much discussed topic, but it seems to have died down a little since the release of 4.090. I guess a lot of people have updated their dimmer 2's to the newer 3.4 firmware, which is what i have done.

But I still have the exact same problem, the dimmer will switch off after less than one second, both via the switches or remotely. This is the only Dimmer in the house that has Long switch wires, which having read the other forums seems to be the problem. I can't change that so I wanted to know what my options were, shall I try another dimmer, or should I try and install a competitors that will work with the switch wires? Or will Fibaro work out a firmware fix for this that actually works?

As a separate note, when I do get the dimmer to stay on (Often takes quite a few tries) it never remembers the last used power value, I guess the two issues are linked?

One final question... I have one dimmer 2 that won't update its firmware, it says its currently running version 1.12 (I've never even heard of this) is there anyway to update this firmware?

Thanks

Tom

8 answers to this question

When this happen with dimmer 2 did you checked and noticed any notification messages in the notification balloon on the top of the web interface page. Something like overcurrent or voltage surge or any similar message?

Did you changed parameter settings from default ones and then what did you changed? Did you try to change bulbs with other ones?

I ask you because I had similar problem with dimmer 2, always turning off with only sometimes staying on with voltage surge message. At that time I try to control 7 Osram non dimmable LED bulbs each 7W. After I replaced all 7 with newer dimmable LED ones problem disappear. But at the end I found out that one of old ones was actually making problems. That dimmer 2 is wired with 2 wire system, just to mention.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

It does sometimes come up with Load Error. I havent changed any of the parameters, and i'm using the same number of bulbs and same type as the a room downstairs, its exactly the same set-up just with longer switch wires.

Both are 2 wire set-ups too. 

Any other advice?

Cheers

Tom

Hi,

I know this is a much discussed topic, but it seems to have died down a little since the release of 4.090. I guess a lot of people have updated their dimmer 2's to the newer 3.4 firmware, which is what i have done.

But I still have the exact same problem, the dimmer will switch off after less than one second, both via the switches or remotely. This is the only Dimmer in the house that has Long switch wires, which having read the other forums seems to be the problem. I can't change that so I wanted to know what my options were, shall I try another dimmer, or should I try and install a competitors that will work with the switch wires? Or will Fibaro work out a firmware fix for this that actually works?

As a separate note, when I do get the dimmer to stay on (Often takes quite a few tries) it never remembers the last used power value, I guess the two issues are linked?

One final question... I have one dimmer 2 that won't update its firmware, it says its currently running version 1.12 (I've never even heard of this) is there anyway to update this firmware?

Thanks

Tom

Hello,

Can you set the parameter 6 to 0.03s?

Can you post a screen shot showing the whole page of the Dimmer with version 1.12?

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

Can you set the parameter 6 to 0.03s?

Can you post a screen shot showing the whole page of the Dimmer with version 1.12?

Hi, I've tried changing parameter 6 to 0.03s, and it while it seems to work withe the switch locally (Only tested <10 times) when used within a scene (i.e. set to 30%) it switches on then off straight away so this hasn't fixed the problem. Also When i use the local switch it doesn't remember the last used power setting. 

I Don't know how to post a screen shot on this forum, how do I upload it to My Media?

Hi, I've tried changing parameter 6 to 0.03s, and it while it seems to work withe the switch locally (Only tested <10 times) when used within a scene (i.e. set to 30%) it switches on then off straight away so this hasn't fixed the problem. Also When i use the local switch it doesn't remember the last used power setting. 

I Don't know how to post a screen shot on this forum, how do I upload it to My Media?

Just click on button "More Reply Options" and there you will be able to upload picture and add to your post.

• Inquirer
  • Here is the screen shot....

thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Here is the screen shot....

thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the screen shot.

Can you try hard-reconfiguration of this device?

Did you test the Dimmers with more than 30%?

• Inquirer
  • I'll try a hard reconfiguration of the module with the 1.12 firmware. But I'm not too bothered by that module as it works fine.

It's the one that keeps switching off that's the main problem, it will switch itself off straight away when set to any dim level. And actually it did it when I switched it locally this morning. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Tom