Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter FGR222 - Issue in Scene to set percentage open

frii66

Question

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of roller shutters FGR222 connected to my Home Center 2, v4.090. Calibration went fine, I can open and close the blinds through HC2's UI. I can even position the blinds with the slider. 

Now I wanted to use a LUA scene to position a blind on e.g. 50%. The command 

fibaro:call(19, 'setvalue', '50');

does not seem to do anything. I have parameter 10 on 1. I recalibrated, no effect.

Has anybody experienced similar behavior? Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks a lot.

5 answers to this question

Looking to the code itself it shouldn't be the issue, though I recall that the system is quite sensitive for the use of capitals and/or non-capitals where they are used.

Can you check this code instead:

-------------------------------------

--[[
%% properties
%% globals
--]]

fibaro:call(19, "setValue", 50)

-------------------------------------

I'm using the same principle as your idea in my set up at home, and here it works well.

Best regards,

Mark

• Inquirer
  • Hi Mark,

great, that was it! Case-sensitivity in the command, pretty easy in the end.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

A bit annoying the system does not report this as an unknown command. And funny enough, I copied the line from a Fibaro-UK support page. 

Thanks a lot for your quick response, problem solved.

Cheers,

Stefan

Yeah, well LUA is case sensitive language so even local variables deviceID and deviceId are different ones so to write scripts I recommend you to use editors with sintax check like ZeroBrane Studio or similar ones.

• Inquirer
  • Good point, thanks, will look into that. Would such an editor also be able to check the syntax of Fibaro specific commands like e.g. the Fibaro.call(xx,xx,xx)?

Good point, thanks, will look into that. Would such an editor also be able to check the syntax of Fibaro specific commands like e.g. the Fibaro.call(xx,xx,xx)?

Unfortunately not. Fibaro specific functions will not be checked but it is possible that maybe one of many of those apps have option to add specific functions to be recognised. I think that ZeroBrane Studio has this option but I didn't play with that for now.