Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGD-212 strange issue

cyayon

Question

Hello

I have a strange behavior with a FGD-212 (firmware 3.3).

The Dimmer is used with a standard bi-stable switch and LEDs (30W). I have respected the 3-wire diagram in the manual (L,N,S1,Sx,OUT).

Everything works perfectly, except a very strange behavior which i don't understand :

ON/OFF with bi-stable switch : OK

ON/OFF with domotic box : OK

But sometimes (not always), when the LEDs are ON, and i use and repeat "quickly ON/OFF/ON/OFF" (several times) on a different switch (NOT connected to the Dimmer), but connected on the same main power line (and others lights in others rooms), the LEDs on the dimmer suddenly switch OFF for 2 seconds and then return to ON as expected before playing with the other switch.

I have tried to connect the bypass (v2) on the dimmer between OUT and N, but no luck.  

Of course, without the dimmer, i have no problem at all with my lights and switchs.

I think about a "parasite" on the main power line, which is generated when others lights on the same power line are switched ON/OFF. 

The support tells me that it is a normal behavior, but i disagree with this... Could i use a condensator between S1 / Sx or N or L to avoid this problem ?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Your issue may be related to this:

Please login or register to see this link.

Short version: using the latest HC firmware, you can upgrade your dimmer's firmware to 3.4. That should help. Before upgrading your homecenter to the latest firmware, please assess the risks associated with the process. Upgrading the dimmer itself is foolproof.

Hello

I have a strange behavior with a FGD-212 (firmware 3.3).

The Dimmer is used with a standard bi-stable switch and LEDs (30W). I have respected the 3-wire diagram in the manual (L,N,S1,Sx,OUT).

Everything works perfectly, except a very strange behavior which i don't understand :
ON/OFF with bi-stable switch : OK
ON/OFF with domotic box : OK

But sometimes (not always), when the LEDs are ON, and i use and repeat "quickly ON/OFF/ON/OFF" (several times) on a different switch (NOT connected to the Dimmer), but connected on the same main power line (and others lights in others rooms), the LEDs on the dimmer suddenly switch OFF for 2 seconds and then return to ON as expected before playing with the other switch.

I have tried to connect the bypass (v2) on the dimmer between OUT and N, but no luck.  

Of course, without the dimmer, i have no problem at all with my lights and switchs.

I think about a "parasite" on the main power line, which is generated when others lights on the same power line are switched ON/OFF. 

The support tells me that it is a normal behavior, but i disagree with this... Could i use a condensator between S1 / Sx or N or L to avoid this problem ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Please, check the topic @petergebruers shared.

But on the other hand, why would you quckily switch any lights on/off several times? Do you use the lights in this manner? Or did you want to see how much devices can handle?