Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs Multi Sensor Gen 5 & HC2

andyp

Question

Anyone have any experience of using the Aeon Labs Multi Sensor Gen 5 with the Fibaro HC2. I wanted to use one in my bathroom to trigger extract fan when humidity gets too high, but so far it has constantly reported the same humanity and a LUX of Zero. The sheet that comes with it says to wake it up and set some parameters but I see no parameters for it in the HC2.

Can anyone offer me some advice on it.

Thanks

13 answers to this question

Are you use battery or usb powered. If is battery powered sensor send values to HC2 only when is wake up (I tested few weeks ago on battery and I think is a little mistake. 2 batteries been drained to empty for a max. 2 weeks - when I set wakeup time for 10 mins.).

Now I had this sensor connected to USB and is very good - update values each time when is changing (using parameters values eg. update humidity if change 2%)

Look on screens.

Please login or register to see this image.

aeon_2.png

aeon_3.png

//sorry English is not my native language.

• Inquirer
  • I am using batteries, but don't even see those parameters on the HC2 - Will give USB a try. Do I need to do anything to tell the system I am using USB ?

Do you use the multisensor 6 or the[revious version? The prev version doesn't have an hc2 template, so you have to set the parameters manually. To use all sensors add paramater 101, 4d with value 224

There are indeed three "MultiSensors" with confusing names:

"DSB05 MultiSensor" = old one, round.

"ZW074 MultiSensor Gen5" = revised version with Z-wave plus, round too.

"ZW100 MultiSensor 6" = square one, different batteries.

All three of them have templates (yes! otherwise you'd get a "missing template" notification) but the ZW074's template is "empty". You have to add parameters, like emielstroeve said.

When you switch from batteries to USB or vice versa, you MUST exclude and include the device again. Otherwise it will still behave like power source type didn't change.

Guest FredrikKarlsson

I think you should exclude the device, make it USB powered, and then include it again. With this setup, I am getting all kinds of sensor values from the device. No special parameter settings required.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks  for the advice. I tired excluding and then including again after powering from USB but no change so manually added the parameter emielstroeve suggested

Yes, "exclude and include" and "parameters" are both important. If you don't do the first, the device will act as if it is still battery powered. That means, for example, different reporting times and no relaying of Z-wave messages. The parameter(s) are important to make it act the way you want...

mmm, I included a MS 6 with batteries, when they drained I just replaced them with USB power (without excl/incl it again) and it works like a charme! much better on USB!

ajuus

emiel

mmm, I included a MS 6 with batteries, when they drained I just replaced them with USB power (without excl/incl it again) and it works like a charme! much better on USB!

ajuus

emiel

Yes, it'll work better, but it still isn't the same as exclude & include. I'm pretty sure it doesn't relay Z-wave messages, so it doesn't reinforce the mesh network. Also, doesn't it still show a battery indicator? This is true for other battery operated devices too, except the Fibaro Swipe (that device always acts as if it is battery operated).

Yes, it'll work better, but it still isn't the same as exclude & include. I'm pretty sure it doesn't relay Z-wave messages, so it doesn't reinforce the mesh network. Also, doesn't it still show a battery indicator? This is true for other battery operated devices too, except the Fibaro Swipe (that device always acts as if it is battery operated).

I think it still does show the battery icon, and I do have some zwave missory in that area of my house, so i'll excl/incl it to make shure.

Cheers

Emiel

I know, it's a bit awkward with the ID change, but I think it's worth trying. After that, please go to "Configuration", "Z-Wave Network", "Mesh network reconfiguration" and select "Entire Z-Wave network". Then wait for all wake up intervals of all devices to pass, before drawing any conclusions. All devices will try to detect the new routing device and adjust their neighbor list. Also please note that if you go back to batteries, without exclude & include, the device will drain your batteries very fast, probably in 1 to 2 weeks (er... maybe not on a MultiSensor 6, I don't remember, but certainly on the older devices). And another thing: Aeon published firmware 1.08 for the US some time ago, but then retracted it because of bugs. If they get it right, it should fix some annoyances...

mentioned elswhere:

Firmware for the square one (MS6 gen 5)

1.7 - acts wierd, particullary parametr 41;

1.6 - suposedly not supporting Z-Wave certificate? huh

1.0 - 1.4 supported by Fibaro;

1.8 - will be supported once its out

check your device's version, and hope itis amongst approved ones i guess.