Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Feature request] - Alarm functionality

BusterB1959

When using a standard "wired" alarm, you don't arm/disarm each sensor so why do we do this within HC2?

What I would like to see within the Alarm Panel is a Zone 1 to 4

Within each zone, you could add sensors to act within that zone.

When arming you could Arm Zones if they work in ascending order if you Armed zone 2 it would arm 1 & 2 so at night you could arm Zone 1[ the ground floor] and by day Zone 2 and if on holiday maybe zone 1,2,&3

If you had a function fibaro:alarm(state, zone) this could be called to set state [Arm/Disarm] and Zone [1,2,3,or4] within scenes

This leads to the next functional request:

The system to hold HomeMode = [Home, Away, Night, Vacation]

This could be associated with a panel to have actions in each state.

In the Vacation Mode you could set a scene to randomly turn lights on after sunset and/or set the heating panel to vacation reducing all heating requirement

In Night mode it could arm Zone 1

Thanks for a great product . BusterB

Definitely a great idea. I don't use the Fibaro alarm for this very reason. Way too cumbersome - but does look nice! Instead I send z-wave sensor status's to a proper alarm system if they are to be used for security purposes.

One clarification though: I think you mean "area" instead of "zone". In alarm systems a zone is a sensor and an area is made up of zones. Arming the area, arms all the zones assigned to that area.

Some alarm systems allow programming of sub-areas which is what you are after with the ascending arming. But I think we'd all have passed on before Fibaro attempts to redesign and produce a proper alarm system. At the moment it's just a sales gimmick (IMHO

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />)

Overall the HC2 is a good product. Positive community support and idea's like this should be encouraged to make it even better.

Big +1 on this.

Also allow the use of RFID Keypad to arm/disarm the system properly. Although there are some limitations at the moment where Keypad acts as an independent lock, you could at least use it as part of the system, even if some workaround is required say when a sensor fails to arm (at the moment, the Keypad would still be "locked" but the house would not be armed).

Great idea. I had to create scenes to manage this feature.

Also, would be great if Alarm panel manages the "On arm" and "On disarm" event for every zone.

• 2 weeks later...

When using a standard "wired" alarm, you don't arm/disarm each sensor so why do we do this within HC2?

When arming you could Arm Zones if they work in ascending order if you Armed zone 2 it would arm 1 & 2 so at night you could arm Zone 1[ the ground floor] and by day Zone 2 and if on holiday maybe zone 1,2,&3

If you had a function fibaro:alarm(state, zone) this could be called to set state [Arm/Disarm] and Zone [1,2,3,or4] within scenes

In the Vacation Mode you could set a scene to randomly turn lights on after sunset and/or set the heating panel to vacation reducing all heating requirement

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. It is a really thoughtful one. I am forwarding it to the appropriate team.

• 3 months later...

Good afternoon,

Did the above get any further with the team? Are Fibaro actually working on a better implementation of the Alarm system for the HCL and HC2?

Do we actually know what they are working on for future projects or is it hush hush?

Thanks, Nis.

2 hours ago, Nis said:

Good afternoon,

Did the above get any further with the team? Are Fibaro actually working on a better implementation of the Alarm system for the HCL and HC2?

Do we actually know what they are working on for future projects or is it hush hush?

Thanks, Nis.

We are unfortunatly at mercy of their PR team, hence we know very little (hell even the GPS and power pack extenssions were confirmed as no longer in developement long while after they were cancelled).

It is frankly possible that either they are working on million things in paraller or they are working very intensly one one thing (there are so manny projects that users suggest that i can not begin guessing whats top priority).

Fibaro seems very secretive on most topics, not that i mind it too much (at least we wont get dissapointed if something is not released), i've accepted that and hope for few fixes in near future.

On 9/3/2016 at 5:51 AM, BusterB1959 said:

+1. This functionality would be very useful, and would make the built in alarm a viable option for users.

A more functional alarm and door lock control like Vera has implemented (easy to use interface for adding/removing/ restricting of pin codes, ability to trigger scenes based on which code was entered) are the type of things that would make this a the go-to system on the market. Config wizards and other such additions do nothing to improve the functionality of the system.

• 2 years later...

For me, just having the Controlled Device categories of Alarm - Breach, Alarm - Arming and Alarm State (armed / disarmed) working would be massive progress and make my Alarm Sirens integrate better and give me options for having indications and buzzers about the state of the system.  But the one that is missing that tells me tells me there's a breach before the timer starts timing so that I get the reminder to disable the alarm when I open the door, not when the main siren and lamps start flashing and screaming.

The other thing that others have mentioned in other suggestions are being able to globally arm / disarm the system using a single API call.

The former is a Fibaro issue as it must be deep in their code and HMI, however the latter could easily be done by the community but only if they gave us the tools.  C'mon Fibaro there's a lot of developers out there with expertise in C++, Java, Json, REST / Webservices and PHP/HTML/XML that can solve a lot of the feature requests on here