Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

The "startLevelIncrease" call made available in 4.0.80

Guest FredrikKarlsson

Question

Guest FredrikKarlsson

Hi,

I am very confused by the functioning and documentation of "startLevelIncrease" that was made available a while ago. 

It is not documented, I think, outside of the release notes for the release, but the description there was:

- New actions in Lua scenes:

- fibaro:call(ID, 'startLevelIncrease', x, y)

- fibaro:call(ID, 'startLevelDecrease', x, y)

- fibaro:call(ID, 'stopLevelChange')

These calls can be used to start increasing or decreasing Multilevel Switches (like Dimmer 2, RGBW or Roller Shutter 2 modules) value. 'x' and 'y' are optional parameters, used to set respectively time frame in which change should be applied and starting level. 'stopLevelChange' stops previously send action.

Ok, so I assume that devices with this call available in the interface when making a Lua scene will work for this. I also assume, since the documentation is a bit vague here, that the first optional parameter gives a time in milliseconds (usually the case) in which the change should have occurred, and a starting level. 

So, this code should dim up a light from 0 in 30 seconds then:

Please login or register to see this code.

But it does not. It dims in just about one second, and it does not matter att all what you specify in the third parameter.

Trying it with a TKB plug in dimmer, which makes the call available in the Fibaro lua scene editor (so I guess it should work?)

4 answers to this question

Device must support dimming duration and start level parameters to work as you expected (it must support Command Class Switch Multilevel V2 or higher). 
Not every device uses is

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If devices can use it it will set dimming duration to value from first argument and start level from second.

Regards,
M. Roszak

Guest FredrikKarlsson
  • Inquirer
  • Sounds reasonable. I notice once in a while that the plugin module I am using for this is not actually 100% up to spec on the Z-wave. Not always responding on commands properly.

Ok, will see about getting a different one...

Does anyone know which Fibaro devices support Command Class Switch Multilevel V2 or higher?

I can't get this to work on a Fibaro dimmer 1. It just keeps dimming down to a low level in a second or two a bit like @FredrikKarlsson's experience.

EDIT: I found this post:

It looks like Fibaro Dimmer 2, RGBW (presumably RGBW 2) and Roller Shutter 2 are supported. I guess that means Fibaro dimmer 1 is not supported. Oh my, what to do with my 40+ Dimmer 1 modules ?

Edited by amilanov