Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Starting to be a great automation home

jompa68

Have bought me a Harmony Hub to easily control multiple devices with just one touch. It replaces 3st remotes in my home. Harmony Hub needs to be controlled by your smartphone, once installed it is easy to program (can be programmed in PC/Mac or direct in your smartphone) various activities to have it do what I want it to do.

Have you Homebridge you can also install plug-ins that support Harmony Hub, which I made of course 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />
So now I can say to Siri that I want to see TV and it triggers all three units and set the correct input, etc.. Its perfect!

A negative thing is that the Harmony Hub does not now if a unit is already on, it does what it is told to do. If you have a device that uses "tooglePower", it can have the opposite effect, ie it shuts the device off instead of turning it on.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

In my smartphone i use Eve from Elgato an that is working together with Apple HomeKit

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Homebridge installation and setup

Please login or register to see this link.

I operate my AV system thru my android tablet with Tasker and autoremote, it sets a var on my HC2. and have create a VD with a lot of help from one of the users here (sorry forgot his name).

So the HC2 or at least the VD knows what the state of the Harmony is. 

P.s. I played with autovoice continues listing so I can yell "Jarvis watch TV" or "Movietime" ect. But I had to disable it, my 3 and 4 year old learned the commands

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guest fat

If you have set the harmony up correctly it should remember which devices are on/off at all times as Lon as you only use the Harmony and do not manually turn devices on using the original remote

Also with the harmony you can integrate the harmony with Amazon Echo using IFTTT which is how I control my harmony