Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RTSP Support

jshannon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Are you waiting from an answer from fibaro ?

A simple yes or no ?

Some consideration for their customers ?

hahahahahaha what a joke :roll:

Edited by sjauquet

I believe that adding a RTSP support into their gateway may but considerable stress on the CPU to decode the H264 streams, if multiple cameras are used. 

• 3 weeks later...

My old CCTV recorder with mjpg dead, of course new one is rtsp only, like every new cams. I thinks is not very professional to less as with methods like,  use NAS with ffjmpg or android device with IP cam as converter with HC2. 

Please Fibaro @T.Konopka wake up, the other z-wave controllers based on Linux support rtsp from minimum one year. 

• Like 1

The subject was started in 2016!!! and any answer from Fibaro, any information about plans to develop rtsp support.....

Hello all,

I don't want to be party-breaker, but there is a particular reason why Fibaro hasn't implement RTSP support for this. In the case that you have an RTSP element in your web dashboard would mean that the controller would have to transcode the stream and re-encode it using another technology that is supported as HTML object, let's say WebRTC, this means that a lot of CPU power would get consumed, on HCL this is basically impossible, on the other hand for HC2 this is possible but for a limited number of cameras, resolution and bitrate.

Now after I've explained this I hope you better understand why we will not have RTSP support implemented in the near future. 

Hi,

I doubt this...

With Jeedom on a raspberry it's possible...

But innovation has stopped here a long time ago.

The only new things by Fibaro are interface design and modules, nothing else, or so minor.

Let's move !

Please @T.Konopka any news? good or bad but news Fibaro HC.. users... Any road map maybe exits and it's very top secret Fibaro information ;-). Please share with as

Edited by drboss

@sjauquet im familiar with jeedom, now is there a plugin that transcodes the live feed?  would be able to elaborate a bit more on how using jeedom on a Rpi3 would be able to transcode the rtsp?

just install the rtsp plugin.

It's not the easiest plugin to setup but it does the job.

I also made a php script that grabs the snapshots images from my synology surveillance station.

1 minute ago, sjauquet said:

just install the rtsp plugin.

It's not the easiest plugin to setup but it does the job.

I also made a php script that grabs the snapshots images from my synology surveillance station.

Where's the RTSP plugin?  I didn't think you could add genuine plugins to Fibaro that weren't authorised by Fibaro?

Jeedom is the heaven of plugins ;-)

I use a lot of them as there is almost nothing on my HC2

All my "IP" stufs are managed by Jeedom

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by sjauquet

@

Please login or register to see this link.

how do you add those plugin into HC2 ?