Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RTSP Support

jshannon

You cannot.

Use them on a Jeedom installation.

Jeedom is very open, so you can easily grab the picture from the HC2.

On the french forum, I've made a lot of script to communicate between Jeedom and the HC2, in both ways.

Basicaly, my HC2 manages the Zwave, my Satel alarm and has a nice smartphone app.

All the intelligence, plugins, ip stufs, bluetooth, presence, philips hue, netatmo, gas energy electicity couters, graphics, is controlled, tracked and managed by Jeedom, who is so powerful and easy at this task.... just see the list of plugins...

The HC2 2 is nowhere close to the flexibility and possibilities of Jeedom.

So you're saying Jeedom can use HC2 as it's Xwave interface ?  

Strange that I've never heard of this one before?

no, it's more Jeedom that acts as a backoffice server, doing all things that the HC2 can't.

I use the HC2 interface on my smartphone.

We are a lot offtopic here.... ;), so please make some research.

@samuel

@CelticWebs

Jeedom is a separate home automation system. You use it in this case as a bridge to convert the rtsp feed to html5. Your not going to find or add this plug-in to fibaro. 

@sjauquet yes indeed you are very right, jeedom has a plethora of plug-ins that would make any home automation system jealous! 

Please login or register to see this link.

here is my post where I relate my testing of jeedom, i'ts on a french forum, but here you can have a translation.

In my signature you will find the "bridges" script between the HC2 and Jeedom.

Just one last thing i want to mention: Jeedom is very good, but pay attention on the machine on which it is installed... particulary Raspberry, they are testing devices, not production devices and a SD cart is not an reliable hard drive .... so have always a backup after you did some work on it ;-)

My Jeedom is installed on a virtual machine on a PC.

Edited by sjauquet

17 hours ago, drboss said:

Please @T.Konopka any news? good or bad but news Fibaro HC.. users... Any road map maybe exits and it's very top secret Fibaro information ;-).

Of course, there is a top secret FIBARO road map ;)

I cannot share any crucial information besides that the idea has not been abandoned and it is still there ;)

Lesson learned: to have a response from Fibaro, you just have to talk about alternatives :-)

With Jeedom, you just have to think about, have a look and usually things are already waiting for you to be used... what a difference !!

The responsiveness of the développement team is just amazing ... when you come from the Fibaro world...

Hopefully for Fibaro the graphic designers are not as good as those from Fibaro...

Graphic block of the HC2 are indeed not very good...

On Jeedom you have php if you really want to ... and THAT's a really powerfull language, with examples all around th web...

But the block mode of Jeedom, is so powerfull (with drag and drop, portion of codes, multithread or not, debugger, logs, expression solver... etc... ) that you will be amazed to see how many scenes and VD you can do with blocks.. I was really bluffed !!!

I have transposed all my domotic intelligence from the Fibaro to Jeedom using 95% of block mode scenarios and plugins.... and I'm (was) a heavy user of LUA... just check my background.

To understand this, you have to test.

Edited by sjauquet

Personally I keep the zwave on my HC2, it works quite well.

I only  have around 15 zwave devices on Jeedom (those unsupported by the HC2) and it works fine.

This said, with zwave, networks... you never knows... but there are a lot of huge systems running on jeedom zwave, a friend of mine has more than 100 zwave devices on Jeedom.

Jeedom relies to, and is one of the main contributor of Open zwave...

Edited by sjauquet
  • Like 1

@sjauquet

On what hardware do you run the Jeedom on?

It sound really interesting so I was thinking to try it with on a Raspberry Pi 3 (and use it with device that is not supported by Fibaro, as you do). 

at the begining I was runing it on a raspberry but the sd card failed after some days (bad luck)

I then restored the jeedom backup on a new virtual machine on my laptop (using virtualbox)

There I tested it very conveniently, on the move holidays etc.

It now runs for more than one year in "production" on an old laptop where i transfered my virtualbox.

I just bought a HP microserver G8 and installed ESXI. I have yet to move it there.

Docker is another solution, but I do not like it because it's not "clean" ... but tat's my own feeling.

Anyway, the Jeedom backup/restore is powerfull and you can transfer your installation to another machine quite easily.

• Like 1

The aeonlabs is good.

you can backup the zwave config of the key and restore with a specific tool... nice if you have a lot of modules and the key burns ;-)

With regard to adpostelnicu's comment " Now after I've explained this I hope you better understand why we will not have RTSP support implemented in the near future."

Disappointing response.  As mentioned before, IP CCTV manufactures are moving away form mjpeg support........

I guess the only option currently, is with a bridge or a third party implementation that will convert rtsp to html5..  Or in the future when the HC3 is released with upgrades, that will be able to handle the increased loads of the rtsp streaming feeds....  It's quite sad that the HC2  is not capable with such an expensive piece of hardware as the HC2 is... 

I've made this script: 

It allows to provide a mjpeg and jpg snapshots of any camera supported by synology surveillance station.

I use it for providing the snapshots and mjpeg to my HC2 and Jeedom

My Thread on french forum: 

Posted in the wrong place

Edited by k1s
Posted in the wrong place by mistake