Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RTSP Support

jshannon

Hi K1s

If you do a little check, it's not my script, mine is in php and no VD...

And I think it's not the right place to ask for support on this script here...

But @sjauquet in your method we need another system connect to HC2 for convert from rtsp to jmpeg with supplementary licences. This rise cost of system, and reduces reliability. I wait for complex system from Fibaro, if Fibaro decides to support cameras in system, for me is clear that they support current, most popular standard of CCTV, not only one, old one.

of course I didn't say my solution is for everyone...  but if you already have a surveillance station setup it's a super simple solution to include your cameras in all domotic systems...

That said, I know why Fibaro cannot add RTSP to the current HC2...

This functionality requires "system" software like ffmpeg to transcode.

The Linux on the HC2 is now an old debian, (with no updates since ages...) I doubt ffmpeg or other soft would run on such old os.

And of course, video conversion "on the fly" is very demanding in resources, someone adding 5 cameras could be in problems.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How is this not resolved yet with an onboard solution??? Fibaro?

First the converter form rstp take cpu resource. Second without limitation of resolution and numbers of cameras is to dangerous  for stability of HC2 / HCL,... depends of motherboard and other resource. In this situation I prefer two system - Fibaro for BMS and other for CCTV. Only with one video connection to HC2... video-door phone 

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2018 at 10:36 PM, drboss said:

First the converter form rstp take cpu resource. Second without limitation of resolution and numbers of cameras is to dangerous  for stability of HC2 / HCL,... depends of motherboard and other resource. In this situation I prefer two system - Fibaro for BMS and other for CCTV. Only with one video connection to HC2... video-door phone 

Wow, a response, 2 years later !!! 

Miracle !!!!

Was it so difficult ?

During that time, 5 pages and many people loosing time, waiting...

so why do Hikvision cameras work so easily on stream Streaming/channels/102/preview  ? yet others dont seem to? 

Hik do have a "server" stream on port 8000. Is THAT the difference? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

implementing H.264 over RTSP should be in your own best interest.  If nothing else, it should save you a lot of data traffic going through your cloud infrastructure when customers are accessing cameras remotely because it’s much more efficient than MJPEG over HTTP.

Now is a good time to look into extending support for cameras since you are developing the new FIBARO Home Center app for mobile devices. (The web interface could keep using MJPEG for the time being. Although H.264 via HTML5 video should be possible too. Merit Lilin NVRs can do it very well, without any proprietary closed-source browser plugins etc.)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It seems that unfortunately Fibaro is abandoning the support to any product that it does not produce.

No nest plugins, no camera support with digest authentication or RTSP, no template for other productor zwave devices.

For the devices the problem can be solved by developing in LUA some VDs

For webcams it is currently not possible.

If there is no interest in putting native webcam support, could you at least give us the chance to write code in LUA to access the webcam and retrieve the stream?

• 8 months later...