Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Paradox EVO integration

Pierrev

Question

Hi,

I have a Paradox EVO192 alarm system and would like to know if anybody managed to successfully integrate a Paradox system with HC2 via IP150 module or the PRT3 module. I have seen older forum discussions regarding Paradox, but have not seen any resolution

I do know that a plugin exist for Vera (via PRT3). but are more likely to buy the Fibaro HC2 than the Vera products

Please assist

Hello

Paradox Digiplex EVO is also quite popular here (CZ & SK markets). APR-PRT3 integration would be nice. We are getting requests from installation companies. A plugin for HCL or at least HC2 would be great!

HEre is a virtual device for ip150 the internet module trat coneccts paradox alarm to internet:

Please login or register to see this link.

you have to register to their forum, get confirmed then you can download. I am registered but waiting confirmation of my account from admins....so not tested yet.

I have a paradox sp5500 with ip150 and trying to get it working on HC2 4.114

I managed to get it, you have to introduce yourself before they approve the account.

follow the below link however you need to post in French.

Please login or register to see this link.

I installed a google translate browser plugin so I could read the forum in English and then also used google translate to draft my introduction post.

10 minutes after posting my account was approved.

There are 3 parts to it.

A web server (PHP) which acts as a bridge between the EVO and VD's and at least two VD's Depending on how many zones you have.

You are best to get the files from the site and translate all the instructions in the thread as it will take a lot of work to get it functioning.

Got my account confirmed and downloaded. I relied on my french and never managet to get my user confirmed this way.

Have you integrated the alarm with those files?

On 20/04/2017 at 10:12 PM, Robert Folbigg said:

No I haven't attempted it yet, I am looking into this for a client so I will keep you posted after I give it a shot

Hi Robert,

Have you tried it out? Too bad that I cant understand french..

anyone can make a english version?

20 hours ago, jamietang said:

Hi Robert,

Have you tried it out? Too bad that I cant understand french..

anyone can make a english version?

@jamietang,

I gave it a go however I was not able to get the script to connect to the IP150 module. I am currently waiting for a PRT3 module to arrive for the EVO and I intend to plug in a Vera Edge via serial port, load the Vera EVo plugin and then create virtual devices to control from Fibaro.

I will let you know how that works out for me.

7 minutes ago, Robert Folbigg said:

@jamietang,

I gave it a go however I was not able to get the script to connect to the IP150 module. I am currently waiting for a PRT3 module to arrive for the EVO and I intend to plug in a Vera Edge via serial port, load the Vera EVo plugin and then create virtual devices to control from Fibaro.

Thanks for the info! However that seems like too much $ and effort for me.. Hope Fibaro will develop Paradox plugin soon..

Good day All

Has no one been able to get fibaro to speak to paradox alarm panel via PRT3 or IP150, we are a security company installing paradox and want to start to sell fibaro to those clients but cannot integrate the two systems. I tried the French site but was unable to download anything. if anyone can help me achive this it would be great. I already have a PRT3 and IP150 just need to how to guide

Thank you

On 5/26/2017 at 8:16 PM, Robert Folbigg said:

@jamietang,

Hi Robert, wondering how's your testing with the VD?

On 19/10/2017 at 9:12 AM, jamietang said:

Hi Robert, wondering how's your testing with the VD?

@jamietang,

The Vera method works well, although there are some tricks to get it to work. I am working on another solution using the Global Cache GC100 and interfacing directly from FIbaro to the Paradox PRT3 module. My tests show this will work well however I need to tidy up the code, currently I have complete integration with this method allowing use of all Paradox motion sensors as well as arm / disarm the system from within Fibaro.

Ill keep you posted as I get this method finalised.

9 hours ago, Robert Folbigg said:

@jamietang,

The Vera method works well, although there are some tricks to get it to work. I am working on another solution using the Global Cache GC100 and interfacing directly from FIbaro to the Paradox PRT3 module. My tests show this will work well however I need to tidy up the code, currently I have complete integration with this method allowing use of all Paradox motion sensors as well as arm / disarm the system from within Fibaro.

Ill keep you posted as I get this method finalised.

Thanks for the info! How about the IP150 way? the VD in domotique.fr cant function?

Paradox alarm that use ip150 is more common here compared to PRT3 module. I believe it is also cheaper if we can use ip150 instead of GC100 with PRT3 module.

anyway, do keep us update if you found any solution =)

Thanks!

@jamietang,

I have given up on using the IP150, Paradox design their systems to use the PRT3 interface for native HA integration. Any implementation using the IP150 would be a hack and unreliable as the system just isn’t designed to present all of the zone data to HA this way.

Trust me when I say the PRT3 module is the way to go and if you use a Vera to integrate through the whole thing can be functional in under an hour.

Just now, Robert Folbigg said:

@jamietang,

I have given up on using the IP150, Paradox design their systems to use the PRT3 interface for native HA integration. Any implementation using the IP150 would be a hack and unreliable as the system just isn’t designed to present all of the zone data to HA this way.

Trust me when I say the PRT3 module is the way to go and if you use a Vera to integrate through the whole thing can be functional in under an hour.

i see.. understand that.

I do know that Vera works well with Paradox since there's plugin that works, however Im stuck with Fibaro for now.. Is there any other alarm that you'll recommend?

2 minutes ago, jamietang said:

i see.. understand that.

I do know that Vera works well with Paradox since there's plugin that works, however Im stuck with Fibaro for now.. Is there any other alarm that you'll recommend?

Jamie,

I only sell Paradox so I can’t really speak. For anything else. If you already have a Paradox installed it would be cheaper to add a PRT3 and Vera to your network than to replace your whole alarm system. The Vera can be hidden away and only used to bridge the Paradox alarm to the Fibaro, so you will still be using your Fibaro to control everything.

Having a Vera on the network I have found is quite useful as often Vera has better support for some products making it possible to use all of their features in Fibaro with a little coding.