Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer 2 & Megaman GU10 LED's

Nis

Question

Good morning,

I have recently purchased some Megaman 4000k GU10 LED's which are on the Fibaro compatibility list for LED lamps. I have fitted a Bypass 2 to stop the flashing so that they come straight on.

For some reason every time the lights come on after 20 secs ish they go off and on again as the system is stating to adjust them and when they are on they pulsate slightly. I have tried with the auto settings and also with the manual setting and adjusting the max brightness level. I currently have them so they are not allowed to dim, just straight on and off bulbs.

Does anyone have any idea, or maybe some configuration for them?

Regards,

James.

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • The bulbs I have presently are Dimmable, I did have some Megaman non Dimmable LEd's in there before but due to this problem thought i'd buy some Dimmables to see if it would cure the problem but i'm still getting the same issue.

I have some cheap LED bulbs in the other room that work great, but they are not as bright as the Megamans.

• Inquirer
  • If its any help, i use megaman dimmable leds with the dimmer 2's and they work fine.

If you don't mind me asking, are yours set on auto config or have you altered the brightness settings etc?

The bypass is connected to the lamp, in parallel? The dimmer works with incandescent lamps? Please try to decrease the max brightness parameter in steps of five, each time verifying that the dimmer is stable at max brightness. From other users I know the value may be 10-15 points lower than the value found by auto calibration.

If you don't mind me asking, are yours set on auto config or have you altered the brightness settings etc?

The brightness settings are kept from the auto calibration. I don't use a bypass either.

The brightness settings are kept from the auto calibration. I don't use a bypass either.

I'd like to repeat my previous post. Please try to decrease the max brightness parameter in steps of five, each time verifying that the dimmer is stable at max brightness. It's parameter number 2 on the "advanced" page.

• Inquirer
  • On 9/21/2016 at 3:39 PM, petergebruers said:

The bypass is connected to the lamp, in parallel? The dimmer works with incandescent lamps? Please try to decrease the max brightness parameter in steps of five, each time verifying that the dimmer is stable at max brightness. From other users I know the value may be 10-15 points lower than the value found by auto calibration.

Thank you for your advice everyone! I followed the above ^^ and all appears to be working great!!! :)))

Nis.