Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion Sensor - Gen 5

fi-bar-oh

Question

Noticed last night that one of my motion sensors have started flashing on EVERY movement detected not just after blind/sleep time. So i get a strobe type effect!

Excluded module and included... the same! Also excluded then factory reset device and reincluded! The same... faulty sensor?

9 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • i see whats happened... some of the default parameters for a motion sensor (FIBARO) are actually WRONG on ermmm how can i say this 'a FIBARO controller'!

get your * together guys this is embarrassing!

running 4.092 on an HCL gateway... just testing to see if you f****d up the hc2 aswell!

update: yup you screwed the hc2 parameters for motion sensors aswell... hope some of you guys enjoy buying batteries! or farting around setting parameters!

Edited by Supernode

I thought I was imagining it when I added a new motion sensor it was flashing on every movement and screwing with scenes, calling them every other second. I think I had to adjust 'Parameter 6 - Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay' which seemed to sort out the scenes, but still seems to flash quite a lot. 

• Inquirer
  • I thought I was imagining it when I added a new motion sensor it was flashing on every movement and screwing with scenes, calling them every other second. I think I had to adjust 'Parameter 6 - Motion detection - alarm cancellation delay' which seemed to sort out the scenes, but still seems to flash quite a lot.

That is the parameter required for changes... But why the hell has it been set at 5sec?

Sorry but as small a bug as it is... How the hell can any testing be done and not spotted? It's like bloody nightclub lighting strobe effect!

It would kill batteries in a week!

• Inquirer
  • This strengthens the argument that releases should be quicker and let the general public spot them and report them, as it's blatantly obvious that testing is very poor!

Good to know I used the right one then! 

Seems very odd that they decide to change a default for a parameter like that, its one that once the default it "right" out the box, you dont need to touch it. 

• Inquirer
  • Good to know I used the right one then!

Seems very odd that they decide to change a default for a parameter like that, its one that once the default it "right" out the box, you dont need to touch it.

It's been overlooked... Anyone with a bit of common sense wouldn't set that to 5 secs by default!

Grates me how the hell it can happen though! I swear they use find and replace tactics to fix bugs!

Find 30 replace with 5 (all)

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You say one of your sensors started flashing regulary?  I assume from this it has been working ok to this point?  What has changed to promote this action as I have a few sensors so am keen to watch out for this.  Did you update the sensor firmware or the HC2 to promote the new action as I'm assuming the defaults didn't just change?

Thanks.

• Inquirer
  • I had likely reconfigured the device... and upon doing so the newer firmware revisions 4.090+ change one of the parameters from 30 secs detection period to 5! Batteries would zap very quick and it flashes like mad.

This is a bug and needs to be reported... i just do not make any effort to use bugzilla anymore as fibaro ignore 90% of the comments :)