Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Danfoss Valves and Room Sensor - Winter is upon us

Momos

Question

Hi,

I know this has been discussed before but i don't recall having an answer from Fibaro yet. 

So i post it again in hope that someone will look over it:

I have a lot of danfoss radiator valves LC13 and they work just fine. Heating panel is configured and does what it should.

BUT, i also have a lot of Danfoss Room Sensors, one for each heating zone.  They are set as main thermostat in the room, templates are ok and all parameters are there.

What it SHOULD DO :

- heating panel should adjust the LC13 according to the ambient temperature provided by the Room Sensor - works

- when manually choosing a new temperature and interval from the Room Sensor by pressing the buttons on the device, it should update also the LC13's in the same heating zone - does NOT work. Any manual modification of the set temp and time on the Room Sensor does not get passed on to the Valves in the same heating zone.

I have a workaround using some LUA code which transmits the set temp to the valves, but the time interval is not transferred correctly. It only adjusts the set temp of the Room Sensor in the interface. The time interval is also not set - I set on the Room Sensor a time of 3 hours and it goes to the Fibaro HC2 interface as 2 hours for example. I set it to 15 mins, it goes as 2 hours again..

As both these devices are supported for sometime, i'd like to ask someone from the FIbaro team to explain what i should do to make it work correctly - any modification on the Room Sensor to be also sent to the corresponding valves in the same heating zone.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Edited by Momos

• Inquirer
  • Can someone from Fibaro team look into this? at least let us know what is the status, how it should work and so on.  Thank you. This be beyond basic functionality...

• Inquirer
  • Getting ignored on a problem which is supposed to be basic functionality as the heating panel is becoming frustrating. 

At least an answer like "we are looking into it" or anything would be good. 

I know Fibaro team has a lot on their plate with all the new shiny apple kit and everything else but the current customer base should not be ignored imo.  

Still waiting for someone to respond as I invested more then 1000 Eur in those danfoss room sensors ONLY because Fibaro published in the release notes that the device is supported. 

Probably not what you want to hear but you can use those radiator valves with the Heatgenius system.

I have this running in my house. I don't think I'd trust the HC2 with my heating.

12 hours ago, froogle said:

Probably not what you want to hear but you can use those radiator valves with the Heatgenius system.

I have this running in my house. I don't think I'd trust the HC2 with my heating.

We're about to get our heating replaced with underfloor, and I think I will agree with you unfortunately, the functionality from what I see on the forums is far from stable and makes me think I've made a mistake in getting a HC2 when the extras I get over my HUE for everything apart from lights seems flakey on HC2 (heating, alarm, etc), and think I might as well have stayed with HUE and bought NEST or something else for heating and a separate alarm system. HC2 doesn't seem to be able to properly provide these features, more adds a bit of integration between existing which isn't exactly solid. Shame as the premise of HC2 is brilliant and the features are not exactly rocket science.  

• Inquirer
  • I , like a lot of other people have invested a lot of money/time in Fibaro. I am not trying to do extreme things with it and I would expect it to work properly.

I understand that there is no automation system out there that is bug free and can live with the constant tinkering needed to have a somewhat stable system.

I don't have a single device that is not on Fibaro supported devices list.

But I expect some decency and feed back from them !

it would take literally 5 minutes for them to reproduce the problem and at least give some sort of information about the timeframe to resolve the issue. 

• Inquirer
  • I did open a ticket also.  But tbh it is amazing how it seems that nobody from Fibaro even looks into this problem or at least make some comment here.

On ‎28‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Momos said:

BUT, i also have a lot of Danfoss Room Sensors, one for each heating zone.  They are set as main thermostat in the room, templates are ok and all parameters are there.

What it SHOULD DO :

- heating panel should adjust the LC13 according to the ambient temperature provided by the Room Sensor - works

- when manually choosing a new temperature and interval from the Room Sensor by pressing the buttons on the device, it should update also the LC13's in the same heating zone - does NOT work. Any manual modification of the set temp and time on the Room Sensor does not get passed on to the Valves in the same heating zone.

I have a workaround using some LUA code which transmits the set temp to the valves, but the time interval is not transferred correctly. It only adjusts the set temp of the Room Sensor in the interface. The time interval is also not set - I set on the Room Sensor a time of 3 hours and it goes to the Fibaro HC2 interface as 2 hours for example. I set it to 15 mins, it goes as 2 hours again..

show us that LUA code

• Inquirer
  • part of the code as there are a lot of room sensors. The temperature set from the room sensor (rs) is transmitted correctly to the radiators but the time interval for which was set (15 min, 2 hours, whatever) is not.

I tried everything I could think of, no luck.

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by Momos

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎28 at 10:35 AM, Momos said:

Hi,

I know this has been discussed before but i don't recall having an answer from Fibaro yet. 

So i post it again in hope that someone will look over it:

I have a lot of danfoss radiator valves LC13 and they work just fine. Heating panel is configured and does what it should.

What it SHOULD DO :

As both these devices are supported for sometime, i'd like to ask someone from the FIbaro team to explain what i should do to make it work correctly - any modification on the Room Sensor to be also sent to the corresponding valves in the same heating zone.

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Hi Momos, thank you for sharing your experiences with Danfoss. I myself is using the LC 13 thermostat and is looking for a solution for adjusting the setpoint to either raise or lower it to adjust the room temperature based on an external temperature sensor (e.g. Danfoss Room Sensor or Fibaro Smoke Detector temperature). Do I understand you correctly - is the temperature reported by the Danfoss Room Sensor adjusting the setpoint? If so - is this done with or without LUA code (what does it look like)?

Many thanks,

Erik

• Inquirer
  • The setpoint of the LC13 is adjusted from the temperature reading of the Room Sensor - without any code - BUT only for the automatic program in the heating panel.  If you want to set a new temperature and time frame from the physical buttons of the room sensor it doesn't work.

i don't like the "-3600", that's like minus one hour, exactly what you posted

On ‎28‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Momos said:

I set on the Room Sensor a time of 3 hours and it goes to the Fibaro HC2 interface as 2 hours for example.

try something simple (30mins, 18°):

and if this works, check what the line in your code is delivering

• Inquirer
  • Setting the temperature and the time from lua is not the problem when done directly like in your example. The problem comes when you try to set it according to the physical button presses on the room sensor.

For example setting lets say a temp of 19.5  and a time interval of 5 hours on the RS buttons and monitoring what the RS sends to HC2 :

will have an output like:

[DEBUG] 19:00:32: Source device = 157
    [DEBUG] 19:00:32: rstempOffice.....19.5
    [DEBUG] 19:00:32: rstimeOffice 1477325511
    [DEBUG] 19:00:32: OsTime 1477324832
    [DEBUG] 19:00:32: OsTime - rstimeOffice 679

AND setting 20.5 and 1 hour interval will look like :

[DEBUG] 19:02:18: Source device = 157
    [DEBUG] 19:02:18: rstempOffice.....20.5
    [DEBUG] 19:02:18: rstimeOffice 1477325511
    [DEBUG] 19:02:18: OsTime 1477324938
    [DEBUG] 19:02:18: OsTime - rstimeOffice 573

AND setting 23 degrees and 2 hours will be:

[DEBUG] 19:04:02: Source device = 157
    [DEBUG] 19:04:02: rstempOffice.....23
    [DEBUG] 19:04:02: rstimeOffice 1477325511
    [DEBUG] 19:04:02: OsTime 1477325042
    [DEBUG] 19:04:02: OsTime - rstimeOffice 469

So I have no ideea what the pattern is for that timestamp :(  so I can push it to the radiator valves... 

I just cant see any pattern between what I select from the buttons on the room sensor and what is sent to the HC2.

Or maybe I'm just missing the obvious :( 

BTW: the room sensor has only 1 hour increments, from 1 to 24 hours

Hi,

in my opinion you have to chance it at one lc13, which should comunicate with the assigned roomsensor and change other lc13. The changed values are reportet to th HC2 immediatly.

I have no danfoss room sensors, but an fibaro motioneye (  main thermostat ). My lc13 are included to HC2-net.

The only problem i have, is that this correction works fixed for 2 Hours than fibaro switched back to heatingpanel values. I could only change this value at HC2, and i can't change the default to 30 min i.e.

FIBARO SHOULD CREATE A TEMPLATE FOR LC13!!!!! Thousends of fibaro user would appreciate that.

danfoss room sensors have a Fibaro template?

(awful english sorry)

1 hour ago, ggoetz56 said:

The only problem i have, is that this correction works fixed for 2 Hours than fibaro switched back to heatingpanel values. I could only change this value at HC2, and i can't change the default to 30 min i.e.

Are you sure that this (setting to 30 minutes) did not work? 

Maybe in your case it would be better to use teh heating plane to overwrite the values. There are some LUA scripts that can handle this very good.

1 hour ago, ggoetz56 said:

danfoss room sensors have a Fibaro template?

Are there any parameters that can be set. HC2 does not claim about a missing template but no parameter can be seen or configured.

i did checked Danfoss RS-Z, and yes, timestamp is not working properly, the values i got are random :(

Edited by tinman

I mean the default value. If you change the temperature on an LC13 it is reported to HC2. The time you see is  always 2 hour. Then you can overwrite the time. But first of all it is 2h. You have other information? 

But I'm quite sure its just a parameter you can change if you have a template or you know its position. In HC2 you are able to use a template or non for each module. If you don't use one you are able to define your own table, but certainly you have to know what.

maybe thats momos problem. Whatever (time) he change at the heatingpanel its ignored by HC2. 

On 28.9.2016 at 10:35 AM, Momos said:

when manually choosing a new temperature and interval from the Room Sensor by pressing the buttons on the device, it should update also the LC13's in the same heating zone - does NOT work. Any manual modification of the set temp and time on the Room Sensor does not get passed on to the Valves in the same heating zone.

In my opinion its a danfoss problem which Fibaro can not support. If you change values at the room senor and there are no changes at the (any way) connected LC13 no Fibaro equipment is involved. Then lc13 report actual values to the Hc2 the actual temperature and my problem too 2h by default.

The question is to whom are the lc13 connected? Are they z-wave compatible because Danfoss normaly has their own protocol (not z-wave).

On 24.10.2016 at 6:06 PM, Momos said:

Setting the temperature and the time from lua is not the problem when done directly like in your example. The problem comes when you try to set it according to the physical button presses on the room sensor.

For example setting lets say a temp of 19.5  and a time interval of 5 hours on the RS buttons and monitoring what the RS sends to HC2 :

Momo that can't be the solution. Your RS HAVE TO communicate with your LC13. It the simplest quest. They are basically made for this. No HC2 is involved. Later you can concern about that. But first of all include LC 13 with your specific RS. 

• Inquirer
  • @ggoetz56  with all due respect please do not clutter a topic with bad information. 

As you said you don't even have a danfoss room sensor.  In your setup you will always get 2hours because you can not set a time frame from the lc13. This is what the room sensor is made for: to be able to set both temperature and time interval. 

And yes, both lc13 and the room sensor have templates. 

And from LUA or the HC2 interface you can set whatever interval and it works. 

Please reread the thread.  

And also pls mind that there are different versions of the danfoss valves and room sensors. 

There is no direct inclusion between the room sensor and the lc13. You are talking about the danfoss link or whatever is called most likely. 

These ones must be included with the zwave controller.  

@tinman  So you came to the same conclusion as me. I'm still trying to figure out how that timestamp is transmitted.  Some answer from Fibaro would be great. 

Edited by Momos