Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 Update freeze

Gerdek

Question

Hi!

2 hours ago I started the update via controll center. As there was no respond after ca. 30 seconds I clicked again "start". After a short error message I got this window:

Update in progress

• Downloading upgrade
  • Installing upgrade
  • Restarting Home Center

The status bar at 0%. As the status bar left at 0% I closed the window after some minutes and try to reconnect via finder. I got the same window again.

Restarting device, deleting browser cache, using other browsers, using other computer... No changes always the "Update in progress" window.

The access via Iphone or Ipad and triggering the actors works.

Can you please help me to get out of the update mode?

Regards, Gerd

9 answers to this question

I think everything is OK, byt you have to wait!

The upgrade process takes a couple of minutes but the status window is not updated all the time.

How long did you leave it? I had a few updates take at least 5 minutes to show any progress, and then it jumps to the next status. 

I did have this issue when I first tried to update my HC2, but I was on mobile broadband at the time. I restored to the previous version, tried to update again and it went fine that time. 

• Inquirer
  • I'm waiting since 10 hours now...

It seems that HC2 works because access via iphone or ipad works and status LEDs are like usual, but the login screen of control-center is freezed.

Edited by Gerdek

• Inquirer
  • Yes, cleaning cache, using other browser, using other pc, using mac... - all the same.

Can I use the recovery mode to fix this? - But I don't have a backup and don't want to set the system to factory settings.

Hello,

Please, contact our Support at [email protected]

As you do not want to lose your configuration, our engineers may be able to restore your configuration, but I cannot promise that it is certain.

Ok So ive given up on "starting services" window

and done recovery .

And installed my last back up that works with my recoverd hc2 , which is now a shipped 4.056 version 

do i have to wait for 4.100 to turn up top left corner of GUI and if 4.110 appears am i going to be going through all this again?

i did back up last night pre 4.110 failed install, but that is only good for 4.100/4.110.

jamie

So 4.110 just arrived in configuration panel 

or maybe it was there all along

is there any thing else i shoul do befor new install and the my latest back up reinstall?