Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

Unable to access HC2 via iPhone or iPad app (locally & remotely)


LBDuckers
 Share

Question

My HC2 recently crashed and ended up on 503 error so I had to undertake a recovery mode, update to the latest version (4.09) and then do a backup of my configuration. Every since then all of remote access, and local & remote access via (home.fibaro.com) & iphone/iPad apps do no longer work. 

Access via Chrome browser works fine and everything is functioning as expected. 

I have another Fibaro HC2 hub at another location and remote access, iphone and ipad apps all work for that location so i know its not the apps or home.fibaro.com.

 

Has anybody experienced this before and what is the remedy? Fibaro, please help i need my ipad screens and iphones screens to function ASAP

 

Many thanks

 

Bret

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hello

 

I am experiencing same exact problem. Access through Ipad and iphone giving problems. They do not connect . Android and web interface is working fine. 

 

Update of HCL2 = 4.090

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

i have also sent email to fibaro support about this issue 2 weeks ago. But they didnt reply. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Any update from Fibaro? Come on Fibaro. Come to the party. This is ridiculous!

     

    Thanks

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • I have now noticed it is generally an issue with all external communication (with the exception of web browser specific access via IP address). 

    All external communication either VOIP (my Fibaro SIP server doesn't work!), iphone and ipad apps, home.fibaro.com browser approach. 

     

    Anybody else experiencing these issues? How can I get the attention from Fibaro to troubleshoot this issue and help other users who are experiencing this on the forum

     

    version 4.100 (rebuilt numerous times and every version from 1.x through to 4.1 does not respond to external communication as listed above

     

    Any assistance gratefully received

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 29.09.2016 at 8:01 AM, LBDuckers said:

    My HC2 recently crashed and ended up on 503 error so I had to undertake a recovery mode, update to the latest version (4.09) and then do a backup of my configuration. Every since then all of remote access, and local & remote access via (home.fibaro.com) & iphone/iPad apps do no longer work. 

    Access via Chrome browser works fine and everything is functioning as expected. 

    I have another Fibaro HC2 hub at another location and remote access, iphone and ipad apps all work for that location so i know its not the apps or home.fibaro.com.

     

    Has anybody experienced this before and what is the remedy? Fibaro, please help i need my ipad screens and iphones screens to function ASAP

     

    Many thanks

     

    Bret

     

    Hello,

     

    Thank you for reporting this.

    If the issue is urgent and needs engineer's assistance then you have to contact Support at [email protected]

    Issues that concern one's system and not system in general are usually handled via Support as they require certain information from a user.

    If you have already contacted Support then someone is going to look into the issue and provide help.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Fibaro. It looks more like a general issue given the replies on this forum. I have also emailed "Support" and I am yet to receive a response after over a week. This is terrible customer support and needs to be rectified. My system, as i'm sure other are similar too, is mission critical to my house and automation. It must always work. My wife and child are not happy when the control panels (fibaro ipad app) does not allow them to do various scenes, etc. 

     

    Please ensure appropriate resources are allocated to this resolution asap

     

    Many thanks

     

    Bret

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 13.10.2016 at 7:50 AM, LBDuckers said:

    Fibaro. It looks more like a general issue given the replies on this forum. I have also emailed "Support" and I am yet to receive a response after over a week. This is terrible customer support and needs to be rectified. My system, as i'm sure other are similar too, is mission critical to my house and automation. It must always work. My wife and child are not happy when the control panels (fibaro ipad app) does not allow them to do various scenes, etc. 

     

    Please ensure appropriate resources are allocated to this resolution asap

     

    Many thanks

     

    Bret

    Hello,

     

    Is it possible that you set static IP for your gateway while performing recovery procedure?

    @Jibran, did you perform recovery as well?

    Also, please, send me in pm your support cases numbers.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    I have performed recovery procedures , but i changed the static ip into DCHP before applying recovery procedures.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    4 hours ago, Jibran said:

    I have performed recovery procedures , but i changed the static ip into DCHP before applying recovery procedures.

     

    Hello,

     

    Then, are you sure that you have dynamin IP right now while the issue occurs?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 10/20/2016 at 5:19 AM, T.Konopka said:

    Hello,

     

    Then, are you sure that you have dynamin IP right now while the issue occurs?

    No. After recovery i changed it to static again. Problem arises when In IOS app, If remote access login and password is entered, and in controller there is no constant light of internet, means it is on local connectivity now. In this case , it does not connect unless or untill remote access password is removed. In IOS, i have to changed the settings into default mode to remove the login and password from remote access, otherwise there is no more option to remove. While in Android app, I can simply remove the password and login from remote access. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • I have just discovered that I don't have any serial number listed on the configuration page/tab of fibaro web page. I believe this is the root cause of not being able to use remote access via the home.fibaro.com or iphone/ipad apps. 

     

    @T.Konopka Please help me. My Case Notification is #60055.

     

    I believe it needs a complete firmware refresh as its corrupt but i dont want to lose any of my 4+ years of tweaking within my latest backup :)

     

    Please help me

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    I have encountered this problem before and someone at support did something and it was fine for awhile. It has now happened to me again. no problem with access through web interface. just can't get onto it from both iphone and ipad apps. report to support but it seems there is a backlog.. :(

     

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 22.10.2016 at 8:23 AM, Jibran said:

    No. After recovery i changed it to static again. Problem arises when In IOS app, If remote access login and password is entered, and in controller there is no constant light of internet, means it is on local connectivity now. In this case , it does not connect unless or untill remote access password is removed. In IOS, i have to changed the settings into default mode to remove the login and password from remote access, otherwise there is no more option to remove. While in Android app, I can simply remove the password and login from remote access. 

    Hello,

     

    I am sorry but I am not entirely sure if I get this right.

    You encounter an issue with only remote access via iOS App for iPhones and iPads, am I correct? Can you tell me how and where you remove login and password for remote access?

    Did you try to connect remotely while the gateway uses dynamic IP?

     

    On 23.10.2016 at 4:15 AM, LBDuckers said:

    I have just discovered that I don't have any serial number listed on the configuration page/tab of fibaro web page. I believe this is the root cause of not being able to use remote access via the home.fibaro.com or iphone/ipad apps. 

     

    @T.Konopka Please help me. My Case Notification is #60055.

     

    I believe it needs a complete firmware refresh as its corrupt but i dont want to lose any of my 4+ years of tweaking within my latest backup :)

     

    Please help me

    Hello,

     

    In your case, you cannot access your gateways remotely from home.fibaro.com and via iOS Apps, is this correct? What serial number and where do you not see it? Do you mean mobile devices in "Access Control" in Configuration?

     

    I apologize that you had to wait so long I have forwarded your case number, I believe someone will provide help as soon as possible.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Connectivity with Internet and without internet: (while having LAN)

     

    1. When Internet light is constant on HC2, Apps (IOS & Android) connects successfully with HC2. As soon as internet light on HC2 is Off, App does not connect with the controller unless the internet light comes back to life. 

     

    2. I have two controllers (HC2). One in my office and other at my home. The one at my office is giving serious problems with connectivity. While in home, even if internet dies then automatically connects on LAN ( local connectivity) .

     

    3. One in my office, is giving serious problems regarding connectivity. when internet light goes off, connection between app and HC2 broke and then never connect with the HC2 untill or unless Internet light turns back on. Which i think, if there is no WAN , then it should be connected on LAN as in my home.

     

    Remote Access( IOS):

     

    Point 3 happens when Remote access password and login is entered in IOS app. When there is no light of internet on controller  that should be automatically shifted to local access, But i noted that it stucks, It is unable to find the difference between remote access and local access. It keeps on loading and after that says no controller found.

     

    So them i remove the login and password from remote access, then it easily finds the controller. 

     

    Yes I have tried when it is on DHCP.   

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    Dnia 25.10.2016 o 07:33, Jibran napisał:

    Connectivity with Internet and without internet: (while having LAN)

     

    1. When Internet light is constant on HC2, Apps (IOS & Android) connects successfully with HC2. As soon as internet light on HC2 is Off, App does not connect with the controller unless the internet light comes back to life. 

     

    2. I have two controllers (HC2). One in my office and other at my home. The one at my office is giving serious problems with connectivity. While in home, even if internet dies then automatically connects on LAN ( local connectivity) .

     

    3. One in my office, is giving serious problems regarding connectivity. when internet light goes off, connection between app and HC2 broke and then never connect with the HC2 untill or unless Internet light turns back on. Which i think, if there is no WAN , then it should be connected on LAN as in my home.

     

    Remote Access( IOS):

     

    Point 3 happens when Remote access password and login is entered in IOS app. When there is no light of internet on controller  that should be automatically shifted to local access, But i noted that it stucks, It is unable to find the difference between remote access and local access. It keeps on loading and after that says no controller found.

     

    So them i remove the login and password from remote access, then it easily finds the controller. 

     

    Yes I have tried when it is on DHCP.   

    Hello,

     

    When the LED signaling Internet connection is off then it is impossible to connect to the gateway remotely. So, this is fine.

    Is it possible that the gateway at your office changes IP? Do you have general Internet connection problems at the office? Are you sure that this is not an issue with your service provider or your router and network at the office?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...