Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[request] limited mail low battery

akatar

i have one remote with a low battery, not empty but low.

now i get every 30 min a mail that the battery is low.

can i change this to once a day or so?

or fibaro can add this to the software?

+1

When you're away from home for some days and not able to change the battery's, it's very annoying to receive such an amount of mails

This with e-mail happened to me only once. In few other cases there was no e-mails just battery red icon on web GUI, and two times motion sensors first get berserk and then died without any warning that battery is gone. Am I the lucky one in this matter?

• Topic Author
  • i guess you are lucky

i likt to see a option:

collect all low batterys

send mail when batterys are low:

hour based

dayly based etc

You can make this in LUA.
    I have done it in a VD which checks an array of devices and sends me a push message alerting me of a battery critical status.
    I have made it to do it only once a day at the same time.
    All the Fibaro checks I have them disabled for battery levels.

Believe me, I have LUA scene that collects battery status of all sensors every week and they always look ok, and then suddenly motion sensor read -4,4'C in my hallway where temperature is never below 20'C, and after some time there is no more LED flashing, it's dead. But when I run battery check scene it shows 100%!!!

I replace battery and all good! So, maybe I'm lucky that I don't get many e-mails when some sensor's battery is almost dead, but I'm definitely not lucky to get any warning before some sensor just die due to empty battery. Fibaro WTF?

Sankotronic, my reply was meant for akatar's problem.
    Your problem has more to with the HC2 not getting correct information from the sensors or it processes it wrongly, that's a problem Fibaro can try to fix.
    Maybe a full restore will help with that but only do it as a last resort.
    Everything works fine with my HC2 battery wise, and my VD makes life easier so I only get reminded of an empty battery once a day, not every half hour.

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, SDeath said:

Sankotronic, my reply was meant for akatar's problem.
    Your problem has more to with the HC2 not getting correct information from the sensors or it processes it wrongly, that's a problem Fibaro can try to fix.
    Maybe a full restore will help with that but only do it as a last resort.
    Everything works fine with my HC2 battery wise, and my VD makes life easier so I only get reminded of an empty battery once a day, not every half hour.

youre idea is great, but i do think that fibaro should create a normal way of making us clear that a battery is empty

On 1.10.2016 at 10:28 AM, akatar said:

i have one remote with a low battery, not empty but low.

now i get every 30 min a mail that the battery is low.

can i change this to once a day or so?

or fibaro can add this to the software?

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is only option to receive or not receive such notifications. So you cannot choose the frequency of such notifications being sent.

I will forward the suggestion of making an option to choose how often such notification should be sent.

On 10/3/2016 at 3:40 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is only option to receive or not receive such notifications. So you cannot choose the frequency of such notifications being sent.

I will forward the suggestion of making an option to choose how often such notification should be sent.

Can you also forward to them to DEEPLY and THOROUGHLY check this battery status reporting system because on my HC2 that is not working at all. Batteries start to die on me and only way I find it out is because status of sensor does not change for long time. If it is not for safety I wouldn't complain, but here we are talking about safety of our houses and apartments, so that MUST be VERY RELIABLE otherwise main point of it is lost! And we are here then just discussing about one TOY not HA SYSTEM!!!

• 2 weeks later...
    On 4.10.2016 at 5:19 PM, Sankotronic said:

Can you also forward to them to DEEPLY and THOROUGHLY check this battery status reporting system because on my HC2 that is not working at all. Batteries start to die on me and only way I find it out is because status of sensor does not change for long time. If it is not for safety I wouldn't complain, but here we are talking about safety of our houses and apartments, so that MUST be VERY RELIABLE otherwise main point of it is lost! And we are here then just discussing about one TOY not HA SYSTEM!!!

Hello,

If this is a case then I advise you to contact our Support at [email protected]

This may need an involvement of one of our engineers to check what is going on in your system.

Hi
    Changing the battery in a Danfoss thermostat, got mails every half hour, it's OK when I'm at home, but if I have just been on holiday for 14 days.
    So there can be up to 672 mails before I get home. :-P
    One mail a day would be fine for me. ;-)

where is the point? run this script to disable "low battery notification" on all modules ->

and then run a scene which check once a day or week battery levels on all modules (it is good idea to check 254 as full and below xxx or 255 as low level, anyway).