Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGK Window/door sensor battery report fails after battery change

Lambik

Hi,

My FGK door/sensor reported low battery, so I changed the battery with a new one (when door was open). I also waked up the device with tripple press on the inside TMP-button.

I does look like the battery level is not updated. How can I solve this without the exclude/include procedures?

The problem unresolved and declared two years ago. Battery Replacement = delete and add the device again

I would disagree that it needs to be exclude and re-include as I have replaced battery successfully before. I should have one due to replace battery soon.

16 minutes ago, chaicka said:

I would disagree that it needs to be exclude and re-include as I have replaced battery successfully before. I should have one due to replace battery soon.

well, I have exactly the same problem. Battery changed = no effect. Even after soft and hard reconfiguring. In the mean time I have changed 3 Batts and no result. 

• Topic Author
  • I noticed battery drain/notification of all my FGK's after updating to 4.100. Does anyone noticed this same behaviour?

• Topic Author
  • It looks like the FCK (temperature slave) was dead for three days and then came back to life when updated to 4.100 on the 29th of September. Maybe this caused the battery drain?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2016_10/57f622ec5d499_20161016FCKtempreport.png.79be784cbe50e0839ccfbd1e6303b712.png" alt="20161016 FCK temp report.png" />

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, julexmon said:

well, I have exactly the same problem. Battery changed = no effect. Even after soft and hard reconfiguring. In the mean time I have changed 3 Batts and no result. 

Confirmed. I changed batteries on several FCK's (one several weeks ago). They work allright (except my earlier postings), but the battery status is not updated.

• Topic Author
  • Got error in top of the webinterface of one of the FCK's:

[14:54:48] ID 126: Parameter 1 value sending failed. Please try again

Meaning?

6 hours ago, Lambik said:

I noticed battery drain/notification of all my FGK's after updating to 4.100. Does anyone noticed this same behaviour?

No battery drain issue with 4.100 so far since updated about a week ago.

• Topic Author
  • 17 hours ago, chaicka said:

No battery drain issue with 4.100 so far since updated about a week ago.

Thanks for reporting.

I did some further investigation and, in mine case, it looks like the battery drain happened before updating to 4.100.

The battery report bug still resist though.

@Lambik 

If your FGK work good you can set battery level on 100% by send PUT command to parent id of FGK with parameter '{"properties": {"batteryLevel": 100}}'. Wait for wakeup of FGK.

I did that. 

Edited by Jacek Stark

• Topic Author
  • 31 minutes ago, Jacek Stark said:

@Lambik 

If your FGK work good you can set battery level on 100% by send PUT command to parent id of FGK with parameter '{"properties": {"batteryLevel": 100}}'. Wait for wakeup of FGK.

I did that. 

Okay! Didn't know that possibility.

Will it report the actual battery status it time, meaning will it always stay on 100% or will it report the actual battery status in time?

5 minutes ago, Lambik said:

will it report the actual battery status in time?

I dont know. I changed it 5 hours ago. I had the same problem.

Edited by Jacek Stark

• Topic Author
  • Okay. We have to wait and see. Did you manually wake up the FCK (tripple press on TMP)?

• Topic Author
  • Clear!

Thank you very much Jacek! It's highly appreciated!

On 07/10/2016 at 6:01 PM, Lambik said:

Thanks for reporting.

I did some further investigation and, in mine case, it looks like the battery drain happened before updating to 4.100.

The battery report bug still resist though.

Not sure which battery reporting bug you are referring to. If it is the one where the parent device reports battery level which the child devices report 0%, I believe it was fixed in newer home center software versions. I cannot remember which version it was fixed. What I did was a hard re-configure of the FGKs and now both parent and child devices are reporting battery status again.

Please login or register to see this code.