Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro system, me and this forum :)

Sankotronic

• Topic Author
  • 19 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

that makes sense with the scenes and has been the same approach I have been taking....

Re the TTS

- I started with Krikroff remote which is very impressive. I came across simplified sonos API written by Jishi on git (

Please login or register to see this link.

) and this provides a fantastic level of control. I have since moved completely to using this for both regular sonos control as well as TTS. The part that some people don't like is that it needs to be installed on a node/js device. I use a raspberry pi and have it running now for several months and it is very solid. Jishi also has a very active git and the api has evolved a huge amount in the last short while. If you don't mind that part about setting up the pi or something similar this may be worth looking into to. I have a 14 sonos zones (built up over 10 years) same issue as where where I wanted to have multiple zones say different message and at the same time. The api allows this. It use VoiceRSS for the TTS and also has a sayall command that broadcasts to all zones. It can also handle mp3 audio clips.

I have attached a screenshot of a VD i use to monitor all zones.

I can put together a quick VD for a zone to show you what it looks like before you dive in.

I also plan on creating one that mimics the recently launched  "iPort xPRESS"

I have been having issues with my sunset/sunrise setup so I might use your solution if that's okay. 

I have also started to use cag014 approach to the storing device ID in a global variable so it looks like a busy few days ahead. 

anyway - thanks again for your story and solution.

-frank

Hi @AutoFrank,

I will definitely give chance to Jishi solution since I have no problems to use additional equipment like raspberry pi as soon as I get some time.

You are more than welcome to use any or all of my solutions that I published or will publish in the future. 

25 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

I will definitely give chance to Jishi solution since I have no problems to use additional equipment like raspberry pi as soon as I get some time.

You are more than welcome to use any or all of my solutions that I published or will publish in the future. 

Using jishi solution, this is what a VD would look like (this literally took me 10 mins)

The VD export is also attached - its a bit rough but you get the idea

He has a lot of neat tricks like grouping and ungrouping zones as well as presets to set up a number of zones with one command.

Please login or register to see this code.

I use these a lot for my morning or evening modes or the one above is used for setting up the overnight music for the kids room

There is also a PauseAll and a ResumeAll that I use for 'Away" and "Home" modes

Good luck with the jishi and feel free to drop me a note if I can be of help. It would be nice to give something back :-)

-frank

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Sankotronic!

Would you mind to share some TTS scenes? TTS Weather report, TTS what is playing and perhaps more? :)

Cheers,

35 minutes ago, robw said:

Hi @Sankotronic!

Would you mind to share some TTS scenes? TTS Weather report, TTS what is playing and perhaps more? :)

Cheers,

Hi @robw

I use the following scene to generate the weather string that is then sent to a TTS.

It leverages the weather variables that are populated by @Sankotronic Basic weather VD

I use the node-sonos-http-api and it can't handle spaces in the TTS string so I encode the string which replaces the spaces with a + with the following. comment out/delete if you don't need this

The final line is invoking my TTS

and you should adjust to suit your TTS solution

I left in two debug lines so you can see what string is generated within the scene

-f

Many thank's! I will try to set this up :)

Cheers!

Edited by robw

• 2 weeks later...

Goodday @Sankotronic,

I'm trying to figure out how you check every minute if your alarmclock is set:

5) Main scene is running all the time and calls every minute Alarm Clock scene to check if it is time for wakeup or reminder to run

--> 

Checking every minute for proper time to wakeup

6) If Alarm scene find out that there is time to wake up then it calls scene Good morning:

--> 

Setting up some globals for wakeup task and sending settings for next scenes

Hope you don't mind me asking if you can shed some light on this (my gut feeling is that you modified Jompa's ACWUT somehow).

Jim 

• Topic Author
  • Hi @jimicr,

I use @jompa68 Alarm clock VD, but this scene to check if alarm is active is my own. I rewrite it several times and it is now ready to be posted. I didn't post it yet because I also want my Good morning scene to be modified so that can be used by other users. I have also made three different VDs for good morning lights (and now this is teaser ;) ):

Also I need to sort out my TTS scenes so that this wakeup solution is complete. I'm not at home at the moment so it will take some weeks before I can post this solution. Anyway, our one and only administrator @T.Konopka is absent from this forum due to just cause and other administrators are just visitors mostly ignoring members of this forum so there is no rush for me to post any other solutions at the moment. I'm sorry for that.

Edited by Sankotronic
    Attachment quota filled up / deleting older stuff sorry :-(

Just take your time @Sankotronic, I'm looking forward what you've got brewing there :)

And it's a shame how the forum admins treat the form here and especially the contributing members.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    On 12/26/2016 at 1:37 AM, Sankotronic said:

1) Sunrise & Sunset VD is used to setup some basic time based events together with Main scene so it does influence complete system:

Please can you share this VD?

I'm now triggering a day/night variable by running 2 scene's, but your solution is even smarter !

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 3/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, jimicr said:

Came across this old topic while browsing,

Can only wonder how your setup looks now @Sankotronic ;-)

Hi @jimicr,

I wasn't so busy this summer, but still there was some development. I have cleaned new system code and it is now working much better. Of course there is always room for improvements and I still need to find a way to make it more robust and immune to failures. I manage to get global variables automatically repaired if damaged. Also if code is getting data from internet then result has better check so that code does not stop on error.

There are also some new things, like swimming pool control, video door, CO alarm and sensors, etc. But let the latest picture tell the story:

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, AutoFrank said:

Curous as to what comprises your "video door" 

Hi @AutoFrank,

It requires three devices, one camera, one sensor and one actor. I included one UBS sensor which one input is connected to door bell push button and output to our door bell chime. I wanted to use Popp electronic door opener for actor but HC2 doesn't recognize it as such, so I installed Fibaro relay switch for opening door lock. I included my Foscam PTZ camera that is placed at our front gate.

When I connected UBS and relay to our existing Urmet intercom then I made in panel Linked devices "Video gate". After that I made scene that when door bell is pressed sends us push notification and TTS if we are at home. Unfortunately, Fibaro app make some very silent sound and only if it is opened, otherwise nothing.

Then when I open app I can see who is at our front gate and I can unlock door. I set parameters on Fibaro relay to keep door unlock for 5 seconds and then lock again.

With current setup I can't speak with visitor at the gate except if I go to intercom, but that is next step. Maybe I will replace this solution with some other system, but for now at least we can open gate from any place we are at the moment door bell is rang or at least check who is at our gate.

Looking nice @Sankotronic, looking at other people's setup always gives inspiration.

Will have some fun with Google translate later this evening ;)

Jim

3 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @AutoFrank,

It requires three devices, one camera, one sensor and one actor. I included one UBS sensor which one input is connected to door bell push button and output to our door bell chime. I wanted to use Popp electronic door opener for actor but HC2 doesn't recognize it as such, so I installed Fibaro relay switch for opening door lock. I included my Foscam PTZ camera that is placed at our front gate.

When I connected UBS and relay to our existing Urmet intercom then I made in panel Linked devices "Video gate". After that I made scene that when door bell is pressed sends us push notification and TTS if we are at home. Unfortunately, Fibaro app make some very silent sound and only if it is opened, otherwise nothing.

Then when I open app I can see who is at our front gate and I can unlock door. I set parameters on Fibaro relay to keep door unlock for 5 seconds and then lock again.

With current setup I can't speak with visitor at the gate except if I go to intercom, but that is next step. Maybe I will replace this solution with some other system, but for now at least we can open gate from any place we are at the moment door bell is rang or at least check who is at our gate.

Thanks @Sankotronic

I had wondered how that worked and it seems it not quite mature yet 

1 hour ago, jimicr said:

Looking nice @Sankotronic, looking at other people's setup always gives inspiration.

Jim

Ditto 

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

Thanks @Sankotronic

I had wondered how that worked and it seems it not quite mature yet 

Hi @AutoFrank

Well it is definitely not complete solution, but for us at this moment is step ahead. I haven't play with Fibaro VOIP but I read and hear that is closed and not so friendly system. That is too bad, because I would like to have one app for all. I can say more when I learn more, but at this moment this is empty paper for me. I appreciate any suggestions and/or information.

4 hours ago, jimicr said:

Jim

Hi @jimicr,

Sorry I didn't translate it before making screenshot but it requires time that I just don't have at this moment. My translation system at this moment translates only VD labels and buttons and notifications. I didn't try to change names of rooms, scenes, devices and VD's, but even if I could make it automatic it would still take some time to change names of 501 devices, 100 scenes and 28 rooms :-P 

@Sankotronic I have noticed that you have a Philips TV VD. May you please let me know if it's for the newer Philips series (>2015 models) - series 4000 / 5000/ 6000 / 7000? Would you mind sharing your VD?

I'm struggling trying to control my Philips TV's but not even the simple wake-on-lan function doesn't work using the Fibaro Wake On LAN plugin. The WOL function is enabled in the TV menu.

L.E: After more search I have found other thread were you mention that you are using the Global Cache adapter to control your Philips TV. I was hoping for a direct control solution without 3rd party devices. All my TV's are Philips recently purchased, part of the same series "6000" 2017. Seams that JointSpace API method no longer works for newer models. 

Edited by smprofx

• Topic Author
  • Hi @smprofx,

I decided to use Global Cache IP2IR adapter because it is good for any device with infrared controller. If one day I replace my Philips TV with some other all I have to do is learn codes from it's infrared controller. Disadvantage of this system is that it is one way communication so there is no way my HC2 can know current state of my TV or any device in that matter.

HC has plugins but I believe they are far outdated for new models of TV's.