Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo Fibaro Integration - Quick Guide in FULL

morpheus75

Question

Hi

after trawling through a few sites and you tube videos i managed to get Amazon Echo to work with HC2.

so i decided to write a small-ish tutorial to make life easier for anyone else that wants to do the same.

Download the instructions from

Please login or register to see this link.

i have put the Raspberry Pi image file and a pdf of instructions there and it takes about 20-30mins and you are up and running.....

Video Below:

Thanks all and Enjoy!!!!

Great! I don't own one yet, but this is very helpful for the people who do!

I've just bought myself a six pack of the new Amazon Echo Rev 2 devices.  Everything I have read about them indicates that they are brilliant, and will be even better when they are integrated with Sonos in the next few weeks.

The biggest issue seems to be HC2 integration.

BWS Systems 

has kindly developed a HUE/Vera bridge which can be used with Fibaro but it requires manual configuration of every device.  Fortunately I found that the team at Domotics has coded a branch of the solution which actually scan and configures HC2 devices.

They offer a downloadable jar file, but even better, they offer a preconfigured raspberry pi solution for plug and play installation.

I can't wait to try my new toys when they arrive from the US in the next few weeks!

Thanks Domitics for making the setup so easy!

• Inquirer
  • I've read the article and it was interesting. I have requested the new jar file and will see of they do send it to me. Although I believe they have a full pi image for sale in the online store which has hc2 integration.

If they do then will test it and post updated video....

hi,  thanks for your procedure.  you did not assume we knew anything and that is why I was able to follow you. Have you a similar clear procedure for Sonos  please?

I have read that Sonos should have Beta Testing in place by the end of 2016 and will roll out a solution next year.  But until then I would LOVE to use the Echo Dot to control my Sonos Investment

Thanks!

• Inquirer
  • cheers lennypenny, keep an eye out on my youtube channel i will be shortly adding how i control my music playlist on sonos using HC2 and now with Alexa

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:17 PM, morpheus75 said:

cheers lennypenny, keep an eye out on my youtube channel i will be shortly adding how i control my music playlist on sonos using HC2 and now with Alexa

Ochhhhh you are a tease!!!

I am very happy with a few Alexa's in the House and will be over the moon to get playlists going with Alexa.  My Wife thinks this is even better than sliced bread.  She has a love hate relationship with a Samsung tablet with which she is to control our SONOS from the Kitchen............  problem is that it is ALWAYS out of action due to flat battery

• Inquirer
  • 2 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

Ochhhhh you are a tease!!!

I am very happy with a few Alexa's in the House and will be over the moon to get playlists going with Alexa.  My Wife thinks this is even better than sliced bread.  She has a love hate relationship with a Samsung tablet with which she is to control our SONOS from the Kitchen............  problem is that it is ALWAYS out of action due to flat battery

hi

i made the video....

any questions just leave in comments section,

Hi ~Morpheus, Thanks for the new Video.  I just learnt a new nasty fact............ I have just read on the Sonos Forum that you cannot get to your SONOS PLAYLISTS.  I have years and years of time invested in those Playlists.  I have an issue that I do not create Playlists based on folders but rather than a style of music ( not Genre necessarily )  So in order to build new playlists as per your new video will be plain impossible for me.

My Large Music library resides on a Dobro NAS and each Album has its own Directory but within an Artist folder.  So you can have artist "A" with say three separate Album folders.

I need to think about this again.

Thanks I will go through the whole video just to keep up to date as to what is possible right now

• Inquirer
  • unfortunately that has been the case for a long time and its something that various members have been trying to find a solution to including myself.  this was the only short term solution i can think of, (but there maybe others who have found different ways), 

until official support from echo and sonos not much we can do just yet...

PS if you do find an easier solution please share........

Thank you Morpheus for the simple instructions and the great video and thank you BWS for the HUE/Vera bridge :-)

QUESTION: After several hours the bridge stops to work.

The PI is on, the bridge can be accessed, I can ping Alexa from the PI ... all appears OK.

But if I ask Alexa it will wait for a while and than respond that the device is not responding.

The log is saying by com.bwssystems.HABridge.hue.HueMulator:
    "Error on calling url to change device state:

"

After restarting the PI all works perfect again for several hours.

Any help? This seams to be such a excellent solution.

Would love that it works for longer than just some hours :-)

• Inquirer
  • Hi

Thanks for feedback.

Im not experiencing that issue. Occasionally alexa repsonds by saying device not recognised but still performs the action and then it responds OK again if i ask for another command.

All I can suggest is try the bws forums as im not a programmer and just created the tutorial video to show ease of creating the bridge.

PS an after thought the power supply could be an issue, are you using a good 1A power source thats stable and a wired network connection?

Edited by morpheus75
    Ps

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:20 PM, Alzi said:

the device is not responding

Hi Alzi,

Mine is also stable.  I just leave it and it is very quick in responding.  BTW  Mine is running on WiFi but then I have 3 powerful access points so I get very good throughput

Hope you get yours sorted as this solution is magic

for me its not possible to install this, can anybody give me a image witch is ready to use? i want pay for this, no problem

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Can you tyr:

wget

This one is working for me (newer version).

Hi Guys,  I have the latest BETA version of SONOS's software.  In this early stage they have only included a change where Spotify users can control their SONOS units from within Spotify.  I keep hoping that they will reveal the Amazon Echo Button (Alexa) with SONOS feature later in this BETA cycle.  I cannot see that they can get this Beta to market in early 2017 AND then get the SONOS integration with Amazon Echo Button also in their stated target date of 1st Quarter 2017 in a further release.  I have read about the place that most SONOS experts expect a gradual release of features in this current BETA.  I, for one, keep hoping!

With a bit of faffing around, I'm using a mix of ha-bridge and node-sonos-http-api to get integration with my Dot. I only finished setting up this morning so not fully tested yet but from what I can tell I should get pretty good control over favourites, playlists and room grouping/ungrouping all via voice control.

21 minutes ago, Desmo said:

With a bit of faffing around, I'm using a mix of ha-bridge and node-sonos-http-api to get integration with my Dot. I only finished setting up this morning so not fully tested yet but from what I can tell I should get pretty good control over favourites, playlists and room grouping/ungrouping all via voice control.

Hi Desmo.......  your message sounds very promising.  When you say that you have full control over PLAYLISTS etc, does this mean the original playlists in SONOS?  if so, can you please tell us how you went about it?  Pretty Please!

I have ha-bridge running on a Raspberry Pi.  Will your method also run on the same Raspberry Pi? I guess a number of us learnt from Morpheus75 ho to set up ha-bridge and would love to learn from you how to proceed to the next step with SONOS

Thanks

Edited by lennypenny
    Update

See this thread here about node-sonos-http-api.... 

You can call up preset playlists via a VD. I then just use ha-bridge to change a voice command in to pressing the correct button in the VD.

e.g. http://user:password@hc2ipaddress/api/callAction?deviceID=xx&name=pressButton&arg1=xx will press the Heart Radio preset button on my Kitchen Sonos VD.

8 minutes ago, Desmo said:

Hi Desmo,

I have seen this solution before and got nowhere with it as I am not terribly savvy when it comes to the RasPi command line etc.  I had to abandon my attempts unfortunately.

If you feel inclined to create a full "how to do procedure" here, assuming we know nothing, I think it will be very much appreciated. Thanks he says........hoping

==========================================================

See this thread here about node-sonos-http-api.... 

Sorry, I'm not that advanced myself, I just followed the instructions in the other thread and it was all working fine.

If you can get node-sonos-http-api up and running then I can help with integrating that with ha-bridge with the proper commands to use.