Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo Fibaro Integration - Quick Guide in FULL

morpheus75

Question

Hi

after trawling through a few sites and you tube videos i managed to get Amazon Echo to work with HC2.

so i decided to write a small-ish tutorial to make life easier for anyone else that wants to do the same.

Download the instructions from

Please login or register to see this link.

i have put the Raspberry Pi image file and a pdf of instructions there and it takes about 20-30mins and you are up and running.....

Video Below:

Thanks all and Enjoy!!!!

Hi,

I also had the wget - error 404 problem referred to in an earlier posts.

In the end I worked out how to get around the wget - error 404 problem as follows:

1. download the latest version of the habridge.jar file from GitHub (at the time the latest version was ha-bridge-3.5.1), I did this with my windows laptop.

2. download and install FileZilla, I did this from my windows laptop - then - click on "file", followed by "site manager" and set up a new connection by clicking on "new site". In the Host field enter the IP address of the Pi, Port leave blank, Protocol use SFTP, Logon type normal, Username is your normal pi user name which "pi" by default, password is you pi password, usually "raspberry". then make sure your pi is on and connected to the network then click connect

3. From within the FileZilla application navigate to the new habridge folder on the Pi and copy over the ha-bridge-3.5.1.jar file that you downloaded earlier in (1 above) into the pi's habridge folder

Follow all the other instructions within this thread (other than substituting the new ha-bridge-3.5.1.jar file name or simply renaming the file so that the script point to the correct file) and you will be fine.

Hope this helps anyone else who had the wget error 404.

David

• Inquirer
  • Good tip Bacon2002 thanks.

sometimes the website is not quick at responding hence the 404 errors.

thanks

Hi Morpheus,

Did you work out how to address dimming of your Fibaro controlled lights with habridge?

I just cannot make it work....yet

thanks

Dimming is done as follows....

http://user:password@ipaddress/api/callAction?deviceID=xxx&name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

Change BOLD to your settings.

• Inquirer
  • thanks Desmo for update.

to make it work its

'Alexa turn on front light 20 percent' or whatever percentage you want.

cheers

anyone able to change the location settings ? tried a few tutorials online, but none seem to work using a PC to change. 

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:41 AM, lennypenny said:

Hi Guys,  I have the latest BETA version of SONOS's software.  In this early stage they have only included a ............ etc

I have another Beta update and there is still not any sign of SONOS to be seen.  I am starting to think the last announcement by the CEO might be a waste of time, this time around

On 10/6/2016 at 9:38 PM, raymccarthy said:

Fortunately I found that the team at Domotics has coded a branch of the solution which actually scan and configures HC2 devices.

Hi,

@morpheus75 - thanks for the tutorial and the docs on your website. I had mine up and running very fast.

@raymccarthy

@lennypenny

@Desmo

There was a few mentions of a code branch that automatically scans your system and auto-populates the bridge

Did anybody manage to get this working ?

• Inquirer
  • @AutoFrank

there is a guy from Singapore who has written a .jar file based on bwssytems which does automatically scan the fibaro system.

it is still on version 3.2. i think. i am running it as he sent me the file but you d have to ask for it.

to be honest it just makes writing the api code easier and thats it.

If you dont have the file then Copy and Paste and amending the device ID is almost just as easy.

Thanks @morpheus75

I was beginning to think the same, some these auto scans dumps more rubbish into the setup and it takes an equal amount of time to delete whats not wanted.

Do you know are the only announcement options the "turn on", "turn off", "set level to" or are there more options available ?

If so is the limit in the HA bridge or on the AWS Echo Interface/Skill side ?

lastly I tried a scene last evening and no luck

from what I understand you place the API call on the "turn on" field and the announcement is "Turn on XXXXXXXX" and the same approach to a VD/button press 

is this correct ?

_f

14 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

lastly I tried a scene last evening and no luck

Hi Frank,

I presume that you have run the Discovery Procedure inside the Alexa App?

L

2 minutes ago, lennypenny said:

Hi Frank,

I presume that you have run the Discovery Procedure inside the Alexa App?

L

Hi @lennypenny

yep, they were showing in the list and, Alexa said "ok" after I asked but nothing happened, maybe its something in the http call structure ...

Are scenes and vd all added to the "Turn On" section and are all "GET" requests ?

Thanks

_f

On 5/14/2017 at 11:03 AM, AutoFrank said:

Hi,

@morpheus75 - thanks for the tutorial and the docs on your website. I had mine up and running very fast.

@raymccarthy

@lennypenny

@Desmo

There was a few mentions of a code branch that automatically scans your system and auto-populates the bridge

Did anybody manage to get this working ?

i spoke with this same company "automate asia" awhile back and they sent me the jar file to play with.  i decided to stick with BWS official version just so i could stay more current with new features.  it does auto search for fibaro devices and  here is the link to their website describing it. 

ive attached the Jar file below for you.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

Hi @lennypenny

yep, they were showing in the list and, Alexa said "ok" after I asked but nothing happened, maybe its something in the http call structure ...

Are scenes and vd all added to the "Turn On" section and are all "GET" requests ?

Thanks

_f

@AutoFrank

just make sure that the http requests are all valid and that you click on the save on the right side.

filling in TURN ON is manadtory whereas the DIM or TURN OFF are not.

double check towards the end of the video and remember to re-initialise the bridge. sometimes that helps

2 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

@AutoFrank

just make sure that the http requests are all valid and that you click on the save on the right side.

filling in TURN ON is manadtory whereas the DIM or TURN OFF are not.

double check towards the end of the video and remember to re-initialise the bridge. sometimes that helps

Thanks @morpheus75, @lennypenny

3 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

they were showing in the list and, Alexa said "ok" after I asked but nothing happened, maybe its something in the http call structure

Hi @AutoFrank

Have you tested the connection directly from HA-Bridge using the test buttons on the main Bridge Devices page?  If nothing happens from there, then check for messages on the Logs page.

Thanks @Dave Harrison

BTW - I purchased one of these to mount the echo dot in the garage and it worked out well

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_05/dot.PNG.5ee25f878ccec69822627b9c6724127f.PNG" />

and in situ....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by AutoFrank

On 11/23/2016 at 11:31 AM, morpheus75 said:

to make it work its

'Alexa turn on front light 20 percent' or whatever percentage you want.

@Desmo

@morpheus75

@lennypenny

Has anybody got the HA dim command working with a VD slider ?