Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo Fibaro Integration - Quick Guide in FULL

morpheus75

Question

Hi

after trawling through a few sites and you tube videos i managed to get Amazon Echo to work with HC2.

so i decided to write a small-ish tutorial to make life easier for anyone else that wants to do the same.

Download the instructions from

Please login or register to see this link.

i have put the Raspberry Pi image file and a pdf of instructions there and it takes about 20-30mins and you are up and running.....

Video Below:

Thanks all and Enjoy!!!!

Guest spazpeker

Yes

here is the dim command for a VD slider

http://user:[email protected]/api/callAction?deviceID=439&name=setSlider&arg1=1&arg2=${intensity.percent}

Guest spazpeker
38 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

perfect @spazpeker.. Thanks

I did do  VD to control sonos with it

Hi,

I've started to look a creating a VD that allows a user to connect to Alex Voice Service and control the volume level and mute on the echo dot.

The api seems to enable this and I'm working on the authorization required and will then look at how to create a VD per echo dot

My use case is adjusting volume for night v day ( for alexa's OK) and being able to mute/silence alexa at appropriate times

Before I go any further has anybody else done this or is there a HA bridge capability that I'm not aware of that enables this ?

Thanks

_f

6 minutes ago, spazpeker said:

I did do  VD to control sonos with it

Thanks for sharing @spazpeker

Edited by AutoFrank

Hi,

This is the standard scene call

Start a Scene: http:// USER%40EMAIL.COM:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS /api/sceneControl?id=ID&action=start

Does anybody know how to make a scene api call and pass an arg with the scene call

thanks

_f

Found it

Edited by AutoFrank

Hi @AutoFrank

Have you looked at the Echo Dot API?  The Echo Dot has its own IP Address, and I wonder should you look at the API, whether you cannot control volume etc via a Fibaro VD or so?

This is not my field of expertise but logic tells me it might just be possible. 

Could members with more technical skills, tell us whether the above is possible?

Thanks a stack

L

@morpheus75

1 minute ago, lennypenny said:

Hi @AutoFrank

Have you looked at the Echo Dot API?  The Echo Dot has its own IP Address, and I wonder should you look at the API, whether you cannot control volume etc via a Fibaro VD or so?

This is not my field of expertise but logic tells me it might just be possible. 

Could members with more technical skills, tell us whether the above is possible?

Thanks a stack

L

@morpheus75

Thanks @lennypenny, I had a look at the api and the api authentication is complicated. I though that since BWS had this part resolved for control then the addition of speaker control may not be too much of a lift. I didnt think to see what was running locally, I assumed it was locked down but will check later