Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo Integration

raymccarthy

Question

I've just bought myself a six pack of the new Amazon Echo Rev 2 devices.  Everything I have read about them indicates that they are brilliant, and will be even better when they are integrated with Sonos in the next few weeks.

The biggest issue seems to be HC2 integration.

BWS Systems 

Please login or register to see this link.

has kindly developed a HUE/Vera bridge which can be used with Fibaro but it requires manual configuration of every device.  Fortunately I found that the team at Domotics has coded a branch of the solution which actually scan and configures HC2 devices.

They offer a downloadable jar file, but even better, they offer a preconfigured raspberry pi solution for plug and play installation.

I can't wait to try my new toys when they arrive from the US in the next few weeks!

Thanks Domitics for making the setup so easy!

Guest spazpeker
On 10/6/2016 at 7:30 PM, raymccarthy said:

I've just bought myself a six pack of the new Amazon Echo Rev 2 devices.  Everything I have read about them indicates that they are brilliant, and will be even better when they are integrated with Sonos in the next few weeks.

The biggest issue seems to be HC2 integration.

BWS Systems 

has kindly developed a HUE/Vera bridge which can be used with Fibaro but it requires manual configuration of every device.  Fortunately I found that the team at Domotics has coded a branch of the solution which actually scan and configures HC2 devices.

They offer a downloadable jar file, but even better, they offer a preconfigured raspberry pi solution for plug and play installation.

I can't wait to try my new toys when they arrive from the US in the next few weeks!

Thanks Domitics for making the setup so easy!

Hi

I also saw that emailed them for the file but go no reply

do you have a copy of it ?

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Unfortunately not.  They replied to me directly and asks that I refer to them on a post/blog.  I do so and send them the details.  I never got a reply to that mail, sorry.

Not sure that it is worth the effort anyway.  It is incredible simple to update the JSON config file in the habridge app.  Just add one device manually and then do copy and paste the rest.  I did 30 devices in about 20 minutes.

Guest spazpeker

Yes it is easy (although i updated the jar file without backing up so had to  do it again)

However i cant get the dim function to work, have you ? 

• Inquirer
  • This works fine for me

http://user:password@fibaroip/api/callAction?deviceID=72&name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

Just set the correct user, password, ip address and device ID

Guest spazpeker
    5 minutes ago, raymccarthy said:

This works fine for me

http://user:password@fibaroip/api/callAction?deviceID=72&name=setValue&arg1=${intensity.percent}

Just set the correct user, password, ip address and device ID

Thanks yes that works fine

Hi,

I got the FIbaro version jar file from Edwin at Automate Asia and have got it running on my QNAP NAS. I can manually setup a module and it works very well but I can't manage to get the HA Bridge to scan the HC2 for modules and Scenes.

The Z-Wave tab on the HA Bridge web page refers to:-

“For any Z-Wave Device, use the action buttons to generate the device addition information below automatically

But I am not sure what the “action button” is referring to, and none of my HC2 modules appear on this page so I assume it isn't scanning correctly.

Whilst I can add modules manually and they work great I can’t work out how to get the Bridge to scan the HC2.

Can any one help, do I need to put the password in somewhere or is there a step I might be missing?

Thanks,

David

Hi,

Problem now fixed I asked Edwin at Automate Asia  -

- and he said:

"Did you append the credentials in the IP address? For eg. admin:

"

So I changed the HC2 Address to admin:[email protected]  - Clicked save and now all my FIbaro HC2 modules appeared in the "Z-Wave" tab. Simply "Bulk add" and they appear in the bridge.

For information I have this (HA Bridge app) running on a QNAP NAS from within the "Container" app, I downloaded the default HA Bridge app from within the container app and then I replaced the standard ha-bridge.jar file with the one from

- (note I also renamed the new file from ha-bridge-fibaro.jar to ha-bridge.jar effectively replacing the original file).

Hope this helps. 

11 hours ago, Bacon2002 said:

Hi,

I got the FIbaro version jar file from Edwin at Automate Asia and have got it running on my QNAP NAS. I can manually setup a module and it works very well but I can't manage to get the HA Bridge to scan the HC2 for modules and Scenes.

The Z-Wave tab on the HA Bridge web page refers to:-

“For any Z-Wave Device, use the action buttons to generate the device addition information below automatically

But I am not sure what the “action button” is referring to, and none of my HC2 modules appear on this page so I assume it isn't scanning correctly.

Whilst I can add modules manually and they work great I can’t work out how to get the Bridge to scan the HC2.

Can any one help, do I need to put the password in somewhere or is there a step I might be missing?

Thanks,

David

Thank you :)

Hi,

I don't suppose anyone knows why my Echo isn't seeing my HA Bridge when I complete a search for new devices, below is the log file:

Please login or register to see this code.

I'm not sure what to look for in the log but it seems like the HA Bridge sees the Echo doing a search however the reply from the HA Bridge to the Echo confirming the details gets lost. Possibly a router issue but I have UPNP set to "on" so I am confused what the problem is here.

Any help appreciated,

Edited by Bacon2002

• Inquirer
  • Port 80 is the default on the latest version, but I think you can add 

-Dserver.port=80

to the startup command to force it on to port 80 on the older version.  But then it will have to run as root.

Unfortunately it looks like the QNAP Container Station wont allow me to set the HA Bridge port (to the network) to 80 which is probably why the Echo can't find the HA Bridge. I will maybe try VM or running HA Bridge on a Pi.

If anyone can get this to work on a QNAP then let me know,  

Does anybody know if / how the latest v 4.5 Bridge works with Fibaro devices?  I've used it with my vera previously but I'm swapping over to Fibaro and wanted to get the bridge working with my Alexa units and Fibaro.  Any help gratefully received!

Hi Both,

Thanks for the reply, when you say it works, doe sit find the fibaro devices or are you just saying you can enter urls for fibaro devices and it will run them?

I read earlier in the thread that there was a modified version for Fibaro but I can't find that so I'm using latest normal version, how are you guys setting it up for Fibaro please?