Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

qubino thermostat HC2 workaround

kgeusens

Question

regarding: working solution for qubino on/off thermostat in HC2 (including app integration)

device: qubino on/off thermostat

controller: HC2 version 4.1

issue: setting target temperature fails

Hi all,

This week I decided to replace my ugly physical wallmounted thermostats with an invisible (in wall) alternative. I decided to go for the Qubino on/off thermostat to control my electrical infloor heating based on some web-site that claimed it was compatible with the HC2. Unfortunately it does not work out of the box, but I do believe I found a work-around that hopefully can be of use for some of you.

First the problems:

1. The current temperature is not visible in HC2

2. Not possible to set the desired temperature from within HC2. This seems to be caused by misinterpretation of numerical values between qubino and HC2 (more below)

The Solutions:

1. read current environment temperature

The qubino thermostat does not actively send updates when the temperature changes, but HC2 is able to read it when you poll the device. I simply changed the polling interval to 1 minute, and that solved the issue

2. Setting the desired temperature

This is the tricky one that requires a triggered event script as workaround. The problem is that setting a value of eg "22°C" for some reason becomes set as "2.2°" (notice the decimal point). This problem does not occur when you try to set the temperature to a decimal value, eg "21.5°" does get set correctly. My workaround is based on the observation that decimal values work correctly: instead of setting a desired temp of "22" we will request a desired temp of "22.01". This will be sent to qubino who will set the temp to "22.0" because it only supports one decimal (not 2). The HC2 will notice the value change in the qubino to 22.0 (being different from 22.01 triggering a seccond change event) and update the HC2 status to 22.0

Magic :)

Now the remaining challenge is that the iPad/iPhone app do not allow us to set a value of "22.01" in the interface. We can only pick integers such as 21, 22, ...

The following event script takes care of this. It gets triggered when the value of the qubino thermostat changes (value is the setpoint for the desired heating temp). If the value is too low, I assume it's due to the misinterpretation of the desired set point, and I reformat it before setting it again. I simply convert "2.2" into "22.01" and then set that value.

Here is the event script that gets triggered on a "value" change of the qubino thermostat (that's the device ID we trigger on):

Please login or register to see this code.

Feedback appreciated...

Cheers,

Koen

14 answers to this question

On 8.10.2016 at 3:23 PM, kgeusens said:

regarding: working solution for qubino on/off thermostat in HC2 (including app integration)

device: qubino on/off thermostat

controller: HC2 version 4.1

issue: setting target temperature fails

Hi all,

This week I decided to replace my ugly physical wallmounted thermostats with an invisible (in wall) alternative. I decided to go for the Qubino on/off thermostat to control my electrical infloor heating based on some web-site that claimed it was compatible with the HC2. Unfortunately it does not work out of the box, but I do believe I found a work-around that hopefully can be of use for some of you.

First the problems:

1. The current temperature is not visible in HC2

2. Not possible to set the desired temperature from within HC2. This seems to be caused by misinterpretation of numerical values between qubino and HC2 (more below)

The Solutions:

1. read current environment temperature

The qubino thermostat does not actively send updates when the temperature changes, but HC2 is able to read it when you poll the device. I simply changed the polling interval to 1 minute, and that solved the issue

2. Setting the desired temperature

This is the tricky one that requires a triggered event script as workaround. The problem is that setting a value of eg "22°C" for some reason becomes set as "2.2°" (notice the decimal point). This problem does not occur when you try to set the temperature to a decimal value, eg "21.5°" does get set correctly. My workaround is based on the observation that decimal values work correctly: instead of setting a desired temp of "22" we will request a desired temp of "22.01". This will be sent to qubino who will set the temp to "22.0" because it only supports one decimal (not 2). The HC2 will notice the value change in the qubino to 22.0 (being different from 22.01 triggering a seccond change event) and update the HC2 status to 22.0

Magic :)

Now the remaining challenge is that the iPad/iPhone app do not allow us to set a value of "22.01" in the interface. We can only pick integers such as 21, 22, ...

The following event script takes care of this. It gets triggered when the value of the qubino thermostat changes (value is the setpoint for the desired heating temp). If the value is too low, I assume it's due to the misinterpretation of the desired set point, and I reformat it before setting it again. I simply convert "2.2" into "22.01" and then set that value.

Here is the event script that gets triggered on a "value" change of the qubino thermostat (that's the device ID we trigger on):

Feedback appreciated...

Cheers,

Koen

Hello,

I am moving this to Crowd's Solutions. :)

Thanks for sharing. I have one of those, not included at the moment (because I didn't need it in summer...). I have not the slightest doubt that your observation is correct and that the script works. :-)

Hello all . i cant get this to work, any who can help me.

nut sure where i shuld put my device info.

In the script where it says device id, i 201 or 201.0?

in set temp put 22 or 2,2 or leave it at "value"

Edited by oddmn

• Inquirer
  • Hi oddmn,

There should be only 1 value you need to change in this script to make it work for any qubino on/off thermostat, and that is the device id "352" in the properties section:

You can only do this in the advanced LUA editor, not with the magic editors. To find the id of your Qubino thermostat, go to the devices section, click on the thermostat, and you should then find yourself on the details page for your qubino device. In the tree view of the master/slave devices, it is the first slave device.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Do not be confused between the default name of the device (in my case it was 351.0) and its ID (in my case 352). To make sure you get the correct ID, click on the first slave device's name (the black part of the encircled slave device). Do not click on the blue part because that will bring you to the detail section of the room, not the device.

When you're sure you are on the correct device detail page, the device ID is listed as ID. My guess is that in your setup, this will be 202 and not 201.0

Now change the "352" in my example to the ID value you just found, and save the script. And that is all, nothing more. There is NO temperature to put anywhere in the script because the script will pick up what you are trying to set and fix the format to bypass the misinterpretation.

With this script, you can now safely use the Fibaro apps or web interface to change the temperature of the thermostat.

Let me know if this helps or if you need more clarification.

Cheers,

Koen

Thanx alot.. this helped.:-D

But when trying to run lua script i got this message.

Edited by oddmn

• Inquirer
  • You can not run this script with the "start" button, it is meant to be "triggered" automatically in the background when you set the temperature in the Fibaro App, or in the drop down of the device in the web interface.

Go to the devices tab, find the thermostat, and click on the drop down where you can set the target temperature. Change the temperature to a new value in there. Then check the debug output of the script...

Edited by kgeusens

Ok thanx. tried that nothing on the debug script. i am doing somthing wrong but i cant find out what .

Can you look at this pictures.  

first script.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2016_10/script.JPG.3ee76fd0d9a94fcace3e13c10619105b.JPG" alt="script.JPG" />

then changing temp

changingtemp.JPG

After changing temp it comes not configured

notconfigur.JPG

and the heat and only 0,3 watt used

On my devices it says configuration not configured. on yours device it says configured.

is there some settings i have to put in to this device

Edited by oddmn

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

You will have to fix the "not configured" problem first, it is not related to the script. It is the reason why the script is not triggered.

1. Try a "soft reconfigure" of the qubino thermostat. You can find that on the "Advanced" tab of the device. Then Check if you can change the temperature setting without getting the "unconfigured"

2. If the above soft reconfigure does not work, try a full reconfiguration of the qubino device. Then Check if you can change the temperature setting without getting the "unconfigured". If this solves the "unconfigured", you will need to fix the Device ID in the script, because a full reconfigure changes the Device ID's of the reconfigured devices.

3. Again, if both attempts above fail, exclude/include the qubino and test again. Also here, the device ID will have changes.

If all this still results in "unconfigured", then we will need to check software/firmware versions. I am on HC2 version 4.100

Let me know how if this helps.

Koen

thanx for the help. got it working after 2 soft reconfigure.

Do you use any panels or somthing for setting temp when away or at night.

• Inquirer
  • Glad to hear it's working :)

I do not use the heating panel because I have a special kind of floor heating. I only need to be able to set the desired temperature.

But you can of course integrate the thermostat with a heating panel (I suppose). I do not use the heating panels for now because it does not integrate with scenes and triggers very well. I'm running some tests for a new setup in my bathroom where I want to easily override the set temperature for a limited time, simply by pressing a button (eg the fibaro button). The panel has the flexibility, but not the possibility to call it from within a scene :(

ok  will try. still have some problems. I still got not configured. Look at this picture. 

Edited by oddmn

The problem was the old qubino. I got 2 new controllers and they are working like your controllers. mayby new firmware  in the qubino