Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Motion sensor options

Hajdu Levente

Question

Hi All,

could you please give me some ideas that how can i use motion sensor in hc2,

so could you give me some examples that how do you use the motion sensor to help you in the home automation?

i have 5 pieces of motion sensors, 

each room i have a motion sensor and i have each room a door sensor, 

8 answers to this question

On 13.10.2016 at 10:24 AM, Hajdu Levente said:

Hi All,

could you please give me some ideas that how can i use motion sensor in hc2,

so could you give me some examples that how do you use the motion sensor to help you in the home automation?

i have 5 pieces of motion sensors, 

each room i have a motion sensor and i have each room a door sensor, 

Hello,

I can only encourage you to use our e-learning platform :)

Please login or register to see this link.

Use this link and learn how you can use our device :)

• Inquirer
  • T.Konopka

i were there and i read a lot but i thought that i can ask for some examples here too.

but to tell you in the learning section i thought there will be mor examples. 

Maybe i put up the question badly..

i wanted some ideeas or examples that how do you use yours sensors.

because i am sure that threre are a lot of examples out there.

I am sorry that i have to say that that i am always dissapointed of forums.

maybe you guys have a lots of to do but i waited for this reply three days. 

I think this is much.

i thought if i buy a set from this fibaro i will find better support. do not even tell that i wrote an email to a support but nothing happened and two weeks gone.

in this life when everybody has their phone and ipad in his pocket is much to wait so much for an email or for a reply for a topic.

but this is it.

so sorry for all this but i have a lot of questions and i do not have elsewhere to find out. 

I read almost everything here in forum but everything is just LUA,

i recommend for the supports admins to make a new topic called Block Scene

because ther is not any of this.

sorry again, and i hope we will talk a lots here about fibaro because i would like.

hi Levente

sorry but maybe you have misunderstood different things.

The forum is not a lesson/course/training from Fibaro team but more a support from other Fibaro users plus the interaction with Fibaro team to understand HW or SW issues from the same users (for possible bug fixing).

A lot of people here give advice and helps, obviously it takes some time to read and answer, if we know the answer and if we understand the real needs from the question.

As example in your case it's not understandable what you are asking. You bought some devices and now you are requesting how to use them.

That is not the correct way of building any automation system.

The correct way:

1- you should understand what you need in your house (automation, controls, monitoring, ...)

2- ask here for a technical solution explaining your needs and get the answer about what devices you need

3- go and buy the devices

4- start programming and ask for help in case needed

If you buy devices without real needs then the answer is just turn them on and that's it.

• Inquirer
  • 9 minutes ago, Flowy said:

hi Levente

sorry but maybe you have misunderstood different things.

The forum is not a lesson/course/training from Fibaro team but more a support from other Fibaro users plus the interaction with Fibaro team to understand HW or SW issues from the same users (for possible bug fixing).

A lot of people here give advice and helps, obviously it takes some time to read and answer, if we know the answer and if we understand the real needs from the question.

As example in your case it's not understandable what you are asking. You bought some devices and now you are requesting how to use them.

That is not the correct way of building any automation system.

The correct way:

1- you should understand what you need in your house (automation, controls, monitoring, ...)

2- ask here for a technical solution explaining your needs and get the answer about what devices you need

3- go and buy the devices

4- start programming and ask for help in case needed

If you buy devices without real needs then the answer is just turn them on and that's it.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Flowy. 

Thanks for the reply. Maybe you are right. 

I will tell you my story. 

If everything goes well i will build next year a house. 

I allways liked and like home automation. 

In my house i would like to have for the light for the main gate and etcetera. 

Now i am living in a tree rooms one kitchen two bathrooms apartmen. 

I thought i will start playing with fibaro so when i will build my house i will know what will i need and how to build everything together. 

I bought a hc2  starter kit and then i bought more four motion sensor more five door sensor and more five wall plug. 

Now my hole light is automated. My kitchen light is automated. 

Now i would like to automate my bathroom light. And here i am. 

It took a while untill i figure out how can i manage my bathroom light but i think i see now the result. 

I would have lots of questions as what is associating sensors or why it takes five days untill a motion sensor get updated but that is it i will find out somehow. 

But next time i try to put my questions up more exactly. 

Sorry

12 minutes ago, Hajdu Levente said:

Hi Flowy. 

Thanks for the reply. Maybe you are right. 

I will tell you my story. 

If everything goes well i will build next year a house. 

I allways liked and like home automation. 

In my house i would like to have for the light for the main gate and etcetera. 

Now i am living in a tree rooms one kitchen two bathrooms apartmen. 

I thought i will start playing with fibaro so when i will build my house i will know what will i need and how to build everything together. 

I bought a hc2  starter kit and then i bought more four motion sensor more five door sensor and more five wall plug. 

Now my hole light is automated. My kitchen light is automated. 

Now i would like to automate my bathroom light. And here i am. 

It took a while untill i figure out how can i manage my bathroom light but i think i see now the result. 

I would have lots of questions as what is associating sensors or why it takes five days untill a motion sensor get updated but that is it i will find out somehow. 

But next time i try to put my questions up more exactly. 

Sorry

hi

no problem, you'll find here as much support as possible.

Now I understand why you already have sensors, because you bought the starter kit.

Good you can start playing before building the real house, you have time to find solutions.

My suggestion is to take a little step at a time, only open one topic with a good title and a good simple short description of what you would like to get.

Once you solve that then play with it for some time and then move to next step with another test and if you need another topic to open.

Remember that using google you can already find a lot of solutions around, sometimes too complex but sometimes ok for you. Also here in this forum there are solutions already existing.

regards

• Inquirer
  • Thank you very much. 

Just now set it up my bathroom light. 

It looks like. 

Motion sensor == breached then turn on

this is for on

motion sensor== safe 120 s and door sensor == safe for 120 s then turn off. 

I hope it will work. 

Maybe i will have problem with the instance. 

It set up for 2 max running instance. But i think it will be used more. 

I do not realy understand that max runing instance. 

15 hours ago, Hajdu Levente said:

Thank you very much. 

Just now set it up my bathroom light. 

It looks like. 

Motion sensor == breached then turn on

this is for on

motion sensor== safe 120 s and door sensor == safe for 120 s then turn off. 

I hope it will work. 

Maybe i will have problem with the instance. 

It set up for 2 max running instance. But i think it will be used more. 

I do not realy understand that max runing instance. 

Hello,

I am more than happy that we all agreed on how the forum works.

@Hajdu Levente, forum is a community. It allows you to ask for and gather information from others. It is a so called knowledge base for everyone.

The things you have to remember here on the forum is that more specific questions draw more attention and that properly named topics are easier to find :) So, be our guest and create topics with your queries in correct subforums and I bet that you will find the help you need :)