Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Switch / Dimmer TKB HOME - report back to HC2

gucio1234

Question

I have :

- wall switches and dimmers from TKB HOME. They are TZ65D and TZ 66D.

- sockets switches  and sockets dimmers from TKB HOME. They are TZ67F and TZ69F.

All of them are connected to HC2 with software 4.100 but I observed my problem with earlier software versions as well.

If I operate my switches/dimmers from HC2 they are working OK and the HC2 reflects the state of the devices.

If I operate my switches manually they are working OK but most of the cases they do no report the current state to HC2.

Eg . If I manually switch ON the light, the light is switched ON but HC2 shows it is OFF.

That gives me problem with some scenes which should be triggered regarding if the certain light is on or off.

I tried to reconfigure z-wave mesh network for some devices but it did not help.

Any hint / idea on this ...

What is your experience of using TKB Home devices with FIBARO HC2 ?

6 answers to this question

15 hours ago, gucio1234 said:

I have :

- wall switches and dimmers from TKB HOME. They are TZ65D and TZ 66D.

- sockets switches  and sockets dimmers from TKB HOME. They are TZ67F and TZ69F.

All of them are connected to HC2 with software 4.100 but I observed my problem with earlier software versions as well.

If I operate my switches/dimmers from HC2 they are working OK and the HC2 reflects the state of the devices.

If I operate my switches manually they are working OK but most of the cases they do no report the current state to HC2.

Eg . If I manually switch ON the light, the light is switched ON but HC2 shows it is OFF.

That gives me problem with some scenes which should be triggered regarding if the certain light is on or off.

I tried to reconfigure z-wave mesh network for some devices but it did not help.

Any hint / idea on this ...

What is your experience of using TKB Home devices with FIBARO HC2 ?

i have the same problem with oher branches  to,

i did mention this somewhere on this forum

• Inquirer
  • akatar (and others), please elaborate more what devices you are using which gives you problem with reporting back the state.

If this is wider behavior for range of non-fibaro devices then maybe the fault is on Fibaro site and we have to push them for the solution.

Guest FredrikKarlsson

Just a quick thought. Please make sure that the home center is inserted into the association group of the device that should receive a state change signal. Have a look in the manual. I've seen it reported before that sometimes the setup stage is not executed correctly, and that this was the result and the cause of the problem (that time). So just make sure that associations are set up appropriately.

• Inquirer
  • Fredrik - Thank You for your reply. I have checked and indeed I had no assosiations set between some of my switches and HC2.

After I corrected this it looks there is improvement. Most of my switches report their state to HC2 .

However at least one of the switches has the assosiations set but it is not reporting properly.

This is one that is mounted upside down and the switch paddles are reconfigured.

Maybe because of this there has to be different group assosiations - I will have to double check this soon.

Anyway there is good progress.

:)

13 hours ago, gucio1234 said:

akatar (and others), please elaborate more what devices you are using which gives you problem with reporting back the state.

If this is wider behavior for range of non-fibaro devices then maybe the fault is on Fibaro site and we have to push them for the solution.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • UPDATE:

As I wrote earlier there is an improvrmrnt, however it is still not ideal.

Not always the devices reports back to HC2.