Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

IDLock not working with HC2

thomassp

Question

I've got the IDLock working normally for some time, then decided to install the Z-Wave module to integrate it to my HC2. The device is recognized, but there's no template, and limited functionality should be expected. However, the lock doesn't respond at all to any attempt to lock or unlock.

Any ideas?

And Hopefully Fibaro will provide a template for this module some time soon.

Thomas

20 hours ago, thomassp said:

I've got the IDLock working normally for some time, then decided to install the Z-Wave module to integrate it to my HC2. The device is recognized, but there's no template, and limited functionality should be expected. However, the lock doesn't respond at all to any attempt to lock or unlock.

Any ideas?

And Hopefully Fibaro will provide a template for this module some time soon.

Thomas

Hello,

The device can work without any template. You have to check the manual for description of parameters and set them according to your preferences.

I can lock and unlock, but it's not possible to get any notification working when status on the lock is changed. 

That has to be something that only Fibaro can fix? Or is it?

Dnia 22.10.2016 o 11:15, Bananen79 napisał:

I can lock and unlock, but it's not possible to get any notification working when status on the lock is changed. 

That has to be something that only Fibaro can fix? Or is it?

Hello,

Fibaro is not necessarily an issue here. I have to encourage you to check how this kind of device with the Z-Wave module can be used in Z-Wave network. It is possible that the device is not communicating well with our gateway, having in mind that you included the device and can use it's basic functions. Please, check the manual or even contact technical support of the manufacturer of the product for advise.

On 2016-10-26 at 5:33 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Fibaro is not necessarily an issue here. I have to encourage you to check how this kind of device with the Z-Wave module can be used in Z-Wave network. It is possible that the device is not communicating well with our gateway, having in mind that you included the device and can use it's basic functions. Please, check the manual or even contact technical support of the manufacturer of the product for advise.

Well, I've read somewhere that the ID-lock company is waiting for you to complete a template for the lock. That would be fantastic if you could make it easy to implement it in your system.

I've included and excluded it several times and the only thing working is locking and unlocking and the icon is changing it's state. No push is possible and so on.

Dnia 31.10.2016 o 19:38, Bananen79 napisał:

Well, I've read somewhere that the ID-lock company is waiting for you to complete a template for the lock. That would be fantastic if you could make it easy to implement it in your system.

I've included and excluded it several times and the only thing working is locking and unlocking and the icon is changing it's state. No push is possible and so on.

Hello,

Adding a template is not an easy task. Moreover, it is very time-consuming and the device has to be in our hands in order to create a correct template. At the moment, we do not have ID Lock. However, we encourage users who possess devices without templates to help us. You can create a template and send it to [email protected] . This definitely facilitates adding templates and makes it quicker.

On 2016-11-02 at 9:11 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Adding a template is not an easy task. Moreover, it is very time-consuming and the device has to be in our hands in order to create a correct template. At the moment, we do not have ID Lock. However, we encourage users who possess devices without templates to help us. You can create a template and send it to [email protected] . This definitely facilitates adding templates and makes it quicker.

Ok, is it possible to read a notification through LUA? Is there some command for that?

I got this locked but did not have time so far to test it. After looking at the Class lib. i see that the "value" of the lock i represented so i assume it would be rather simple. I will do this in combination with GEA. eg. Everytime the status of the lock changes status, i send a push-notification. Not tested but should work

• Inquirer
  • On 20.10.2016 at 4:42 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

The device can work without any template. You have to check the manual for description of parameters and set them according to your preferences.

I would rather send you the template so that you could enable full support for ID Lock on Fibaro. I think this is one of the most attractive z-Wave locks on the market, and it would make sense to support it. HomeSeer users can enjoy full functionality with ID Lock, and have had this for some time now. Today, the ID Lock has very limited value in terms of Home Automation with Fibaro, with only lock status and lock/unlock. My hope was to be able to use the ID Lock with the Videogate function.

Dnia 4.11.2016 o 13:39, thomassp napisał:

I would rather send you the template so that you could enable full support for ID Lock on Fibaro. I think this is one of the most attractive z-Wave locks on the market, and it would make sense to support it.

Hello,

We would really appreciate your help! As I explained in my previous post you can send the template at [email protected]. Remember to describe the device properly - we need proper information about it like exact model, version, version of firmware, etc.

• Inquirer
  • On 7.11.2016 at 4:59 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

We would really appreciate your help! As I explained in my previous post you can send the template at [email protected]. Remember to describe the device properly - we need proper information about it like exact model, version, version of firmware, etc.

Hi

I have just sent the template to [email protected]. Hopefully you will get something useful out of it, and be able to enhance the usability with Fibaro to match that of HomeSeer.

On 2016-11-10 at 10:46 AM, thomassp said:

Hi

I have just sent the template to [email protected]. Hopefully you will get something useful out of it, and be able to enhance the usability with Fibaro to match that of HomeSeer.

Any news regarding integration of IDLock to HC2? 

When reading in manual alot of status is describe in the "COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4"

Please login or register to see this link.

How to access that fron HC2?

3 hours ago, KristianO said:

You done really need the template to operate the lock. What do you want to do?

What do you mean about the template?

I would like to be able to monitor almost all parameters described in chapter for  "COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4"

ex.

if locked from in/outside.

Away mode locked from outside.

The tampering switch status.

Hello,

I'm using this lock successfully without template.

The good-night scene will turn off lights in the house, and lock the front door. In the morning when everybody has left the house, the scene will again do the same, turn off lights and check that the door is locked.

With the video gate function, when someone rings our door-bell, we can see who it is and unlock the door if we want. (The lock can't be directly controlled by the linked devices, so I chose to connect an unused 2nd switch on another relay to the linked devices, and then make a scene triggered by a change in that 2nd switch. That scene can do a number of things in addition to unlocking the door, turn on lights etc.)

I can check in the app if the door is locked or not.

What else do you want to do? See a log file of who and when opened the door?  Interesting for a day or two, maybe...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get at template for this absolutely marvellous z-wave lock, but it works just fine without.

OleKenneth

I would really like to get access to the notifications that the lock sends. Apparently there are "door open" and "door closed" notifications (not the same as locked and unlocked but whether the door is in the frame or not). This would be very useful. I would also if we can detect if the door failed to lock when it is in auto-lock mode.

The documentation of the lock says this:

"""

NOTIFICATION PARAMETERS

These Notification parameters ( types and levels) are specific for application. ID Lock supports the Notification Class(V4) to report events of ID Lock. The type and event are specific for IDLock and defines are as below.

"""

So, is there a way I can see what notifications a device sends, and how do I access these in Lua?

Edited by Tor Magnus

On 2016-12-17 at 0:12 PM, olekenneth said:

Hello,

The good-night scene will turn off lights in the house, and lock the front door. In the morning when everybody has left the house, the scene will again do the same, turn off lights and check that the door is locked.

With the video gate function, when someone rings our door-bell, we can see who it is and unlock the door if we want. (The lock can't be directly controlled by the linked devices, so I chose to connect an unused 2nd switch on another relay to the linked devices, and then make a scene triggered by a change in that 2nd switch. That scene can do a number of things in addition to unlocking the door, turn on lights etc.)

What else do you want to do? See a log file of who and when opened the door?  Interesting for a day or two, maybe...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get at template for this absolutely marvellous z-wave lock, but it works just fine without.

OleKenneth

What I want is to get the IDLock to be more smart, to be a device that trig scenes and events, not just receive an lock/unlock order.

For example when locking from outside with AwayMode that should trig my ArmAway function. and of course the same if unlock from the outside trig Disarm function.

If unlocked from inside that should trig Disarm if I have activated my SleepAndSecure function.

Sent Push when unik user(kids) unlock coming home from school.

I don´t have knowledge how these  "COMMAND_CLASS_NOTIFICATION_V4" described in manual actually is working in a Z-wave system, or how to monitor, force and reach these if as now not displayed in HC2.

Would be glad if someone can point me in the right direction.

Maybe FIBARO tech :-)  here at this forum.

• Inquirer
  • On 17.12.2016 at 0:12 PM, olekenneth said:

Hello,

OleKenneth

Sounds Great!

Care to elaborate a bit more on how you managed to control the lock with the 2nd switch? I kinda fell off the explanation there :-|

Thomas

On 11/2/2016 at 9:11 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Would you give us some guidelines in how we can create a template?

Guest FredrikKarlsson
    On 2016-12-17 at 0:12 PM, olekenneth said:

Hello,

Do I understand this to mean that what you are able to do is to lock and unlock the device. And that could be triggered by a scene.

But, you cannot have a scene triggered by the unlocking and locking of the ID lock right?

It seems that this _should_ be possible, considering that the lock seems to be sending out lots of different types of Notifications. For instance when the device is locked and unlocked. 

(page 6). 

And there are even separate notifications for different unlocking events, and only one association group on the device (Lifeline) which means that the HC2 should really be receiving these events. So, where do they go? Can they be used to trigger scenes?

2 hours ago, FredrikKarlsson said:

Do I understand this to mean that what you are able to do is to lock and unlock the device. And that could be triggered by a scene.

But, you cannot have a scene triggered by the unlocking and locking of the ID lock right?

It seems that this _should_ be possible, considering that the lock seems to be sending out lots of different types of Notifications. For instance when the device is locked and unlocked. 

(page 6). 

And there are even separate notifications for different unlocking events, and only one association group on the device (Lifeline) which means that the HC2 should really be receiving these events. So, where do they go? Can they be used to trigger scenes?

Fredrik,

It's possible to trigger scenes by unlocking (or locking) the door.  I haven't used it, but I tested it just now, and it works.

--[[
    %% properties
    134 value
    %% events
    %% globals
    --]]

fibaro:debug("Hello world! This scene is triggered by unlocking the door.")

And yes, it works.

thomassp,

Linked devices for the video gate only support a limited set of Fibaro Z-wave devices as actuators for the lock. You cannot select the lock in this list. But you can select another relay as a "dummy" / replacement. I have several Fibaro 2XRelays and some of them only use the first, leaving med an unused 2nd relay, not connected. I set this relay in the video gate. I have a script (similar heading to the one quoted above) that is triggered by status change in this otherwise unused relay, and this script can include the doorlock unsecure command, among other things, of course.

Maybe this was clearer, - or not...

OleKenneth