Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo/Dot official fibaro Plugin

AutoFrank

Question

Hi Fibaro Admin

Can you share your timeline for the availability of your amazon echo/dot plugin for the HC2

The previous development/thread was deleted and even though I don't fully understand the "for safety reasons", I am more interested in your timeline (even for a beta). This device has the potential to change HA and will be an revolutionary addition to the HC family.

Could you open up the communications on this topic as I know I am not the only one interested.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Dnia 21.10.2016 o 12:03, AutoFrank napisał:

Hi Fibaro Admin

Can you share your timeline for the availability of your amazon echo/dot plugin for the HC2

The previous development/thread was deleted and even though I don't fully understand the "for safety reasons", I am more interested in your timeline (even for a beta). This device has the potential to change HA and will be an revolutionary addition to the HC family.

Could you open up the communications on this topic as I know I am not the only one interested.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Hello,

Even though I would like to share an estimated time of introducing the integration I simply cannot, because I do not know that. I was informed that we are working on the integration and that is all I know.

• Inquirer
  • On 10/26/2016 at 9:31 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Even though I would like to share an estimated time of introducing the integration I simply cannot, because I do not know that. I was informed that we are working on the integration and that is all I know.

Thanks T.Konopka

Somebody in fibaro and even if they dont wany to share a date a approx time period would be helpful

I really don't see any harm with this...

An integration between fibaro HC2 and echo has huge potential and significantly increase the value add of the fibaro product and how user can interact with it....

I have 3 echo-dots gathering dust as I dont want to used one of the unofficial bridges now that I know the plugin is coming

Please find somebody to share the approx timeline so we can all get excited about this......

21 hours ago, AutoFrank said:

I have 3 echo-dots gathering dust as I dont want to used one of the unofficial bridges now that I know the plugin is coming

Please find somebody to share the approx timeline so we can all get excited about this......

Don't get your hopes up.. It's going to be months, most likely even double digits.. Fibaro is not know for their quick adoption of 3rd party stuff.

But of course this plugin would be a killer feature for Fibaro. So PLEASE keep on developing Fibaro-Team!!!

hey guys,

i know fibaro need time for this, but this must be the number 1 on the ToDo list, its gonna change smart home!

Please Fibaro, hurry up!!

3 minutes ago, markdyer said:

Use ha bridge to use your echo with fibaro. then you can control your home by voice

yes, i saw the video buts its looks very complicated :(

Takes an evening to figure it out. I'm still learning. point is its possible. ha bridge works as if it's a philips hub with the echo. you then setup commands in ha bridge and link them to url api requests on the fibaro controller. aLexa kitchen 20 for example. or alexa lights off. all your amaxon echos work off a single ha bridge setup. so you only need to set it up once. 

I use a vm at home on my home server. a raspberry pi is more then suitable. check out aliexpress.com they have a sale today

hey guys, i try it but its not possible for me to install that, can anybody install this on for raspi i want to pay for this, no problem