Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo/Dot official fibaro Plugin

AutoFrank

Question

Hi Fibaro Admin

Can you share your timeline for the availability of your amazon echo/dot plugin for the HC2

The previous development/thread was deleted and even though I don't fully understand the "for safety reasons", I am more interested in your timeline (even for a beta). This device has the potential to change HA and will be an revolutionary addition to the HC family.

Could you open up the communications on this topic as I know I am not the only one interested.

Thanks in advance

Frank

I emailed these people for their version of the HA bridge that auto imports all the HC2 devices and scenes - got in running on a windows 10 PC fine, auto import took away all the hassle also.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • On 10/26/2016 at 9:31 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Even though I would like to share an estimated time of introducing the integration I simply cannot, because I do not know that. I was informed that we are working on the integration and that is all I know.

Hi,

There was a lot of Homekit info shared recently by @T.Konopka with new devices and a new platform/app coming next year and I was hoping that you might have a timeline for the Alexa integration/plugin to the existing HC2 as fibaro seem to be a sharing mood.

Sharing a timeline (no matter what it is ) would help people get excited about the integration which a lot of us loyal customers feel has the potential to be revolutionary for the fibaro platform. It'll also help us decide where to spend our new years euro's as well as help to demonstrate that it's not all about the next round of customers that the homekit integration will bring.  If the plugin isn't for another 12 months, then people may be disappointed but the 'nag' posts would stop an d your customers would know where we stand.

Please find out the timeline from "the powers that be" and share it with us.

Thanks

-frank

On 11/3/2016 at 4:26 AM, AutoFrank said:

Thanks T.Konopka

Somebody in fibaro and even if they dont wany to share a date a approx time period would be helpful

I really don't see any harm with this...

An integration between fibaro HC2 and echo has huge potential and significantly increase the value add of the fibaro product and how user can interact with it....

I have 3 echo-dots gathering dust as I dont want to used one of the unofficial bridges now that I know the plugin is coming

Please find somebody to share the approx timeline so we can all get excited about this......

Install HA-Bridge. It takes all of 30mins and within a couple hours you can talk to your HA system. No need to be waiting. The other fact being missed is if you use HA Bridge both your Google Home and Amazon Echo willl work from this. The options are endless were as echo with HC2 I suspect will be restricted. Using HA Bridge you can create rooms/objects and assign devices to this room. You can then instruct a command for that room and whatever you have put inside it will be actioned for example. Create a room called Lights. Put all your lights in it. Say Echo Lights Out and now all your lights are out. Create a room for blinds and say Echo Blinds Out and all the blinds in the house close etc etc.. 

Edited by markdyer

• Inquirer
  • 21 minutes ago, markdyer said:

Install HA-Bridge. It takes all of 30mins and within a couple hours you can talk to your HA system. No need to be waiting. The other fact being missed is if you use HA Bridge both your Google Home and Amazon Echo willl work from this. The options are endless were as echo with HC2 I suspect will be restricted. Using HA Bridge you can create rooms/objects and assign devices to this room. You can then instruct a command for that room and whatever you have put inside it will be actioned for example. Create a room called Lights. Put all your lights in it. Say Echo Lights Out and now all your lights are out. Create a room for blinds and say Echo Blinds Out and all the blinds in the house close etc etc.. 

Thanks Mark, I'm starting to think that's the best route and might be a good project for christmas

I have 5 echo dots begging to be used :-)

I have a raspberry pi running my sonos api (jishi) 

Has somebody installed the HA bridge on a raspberry PI

secondly - Is there anybody on the forum from Ireland with some echo or echo dots.

I tried to set it up and and because it was not on amazon's official list I ran into issues

Any help appreciated

just use sideloading on a android device to install the echo app, thats all

its actually quite embarrassing when a "free" home automation system/controller like home assistant has more available plugins that actually function "better and more smoothly" than a 500-600 controller like fibaro.. when they allow for an opened up crowd implementation community and they actually listen to their users inputs wants and needs, than fibaro might come around and slowly start to catch up with the likes of smartthings and other much cheaper controllers that "actually" listen to their users and stay with the times "2017"

Edited by matt1981

On 2017-03-05 at 11:03 AM, matt1981 said:

its actually quite embarrassing when a "free" home automation system/controller like home assistant has more available plugins that actually function "better and more smoothly" than a 500-600 controller like fibaro.. when they allow for an opened up crowd implementation community and they actually listen to their users inputs wants and needs, than fibaro might come around and slowly start to catch up with the likes of smartthings and other much cheaper controllers that "actually" listen to their users and stay with the times "2017"

I agree!  Of course you can install the ha-bridge hack but native support is needed.  Fibaro is last to have native support for Amazon echo.  Vera, Zipato, Smartthings, Homeseer, Wink etc all have have native support working.  This should be a priority given how expensive this controller is compared to many of the other less expensive hubs. 

@T.Konopka Is now among company known, when we could expect integration with Amazon Alexa. If only to partners, please PM me that info.

No offense, but i'm not fan of HAbridge. Now we would like to offer more non-IT guy friendly integration to cunsomers. Like Denon Heos plugin. I do not have touch a finger in advanced tab, to get players (firs-time install).

On 21-10-2016 at 0:03 PM, AutoFrank said:

Hi Fibaro Admin

Can you share your timeline for the availability of your amazon echo/dot plugin for the HC2

The previous development/thread was deleted and even though I don't fully understand the "for safety reasons", I am more interested in your timeline (even for a beta). This device has the potential to change HA and will be an revolutionary addition to the HC family.

Could you open up the communications on this topic as I know I am not the only one interested.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Frank, It's common usage specialy in the IT industry to have and publish the road map, as far as I'm aware... :-)

On 3/5/2017 at 9:03 AM, matt1981 said:

100% agree. This is the biggest downfall of the Fibaro system. So capable, yet so under-utilized!! We NEED crowd implementation of plugins ASAP.

I've just invested in an HC2 and some dimmers etc, I must say that so far I am more than a little disappointed with the lack of integration with 3rd party products and especially Echo.

Why do they not reply to this thread?  It is seriously disrespectful to all the people that have taken the time to contribute and clearly would like to continue to support FIBARO.

I think there are some complications in Amazon Echo integration related with Fibaro - Apple partnership. This is my personal thought, I didn't hear anything about it. But in my opinion because of this relationship we'll see more Apple related products and integrations in near future and less with other competing brands... (I must remind you that Fibaro has announced Amazon Echo integration in Fibaro ID page and sometime later they removed it from the site.)

Edited by Tuncay

the only time you ever see the admins on the forums is when they're moving discussions around.. good luck getting a direct response.  

Hello,

We are waiting for Amazon feedback about certification. However, we do not know when we will receive an answer and if there will be any requirements for changes.

No mean to complain too much, but it surprizes me nonetheless that the entire world seems to have support for the Echo, but Fibar Group has been working on this as of October at least.. Which is half a year.. Oh well, just really looking forward to this! :D