Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo/Dot official fibaro Plugin

AutoFrank

Question

Hi Fibaro Admin

Can you share your timeline for the availability of your amazon echo/dot plugin for the HC2

The previous development/thread was deleted and even though I don't fully understand the "for safety reasons", I am more interested in your timeline (even for a beta). This device has the potential to change HA and will be an revolutionary addition to the HC family.

Could you open up the communications on this topic as I know I am not the only one interested.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Oh dear its taking far too long..... Not sure how long certification will take? Well thats ok..... its only taken you way too long to submit it in the first place. Loads of other companies have echo working even small ones like lightwaverf. Its embarassing that Fibaro are behind with this integration when they bang on about how well they play with others..... On that note is nest working again yet? Cant see plugin on new firmware looks file Fibaro fails again...

Guest spazpeker

It says normaly 7 Business days for skill certification / publication

How long does it take for my skill to be published?    

Please login or register to see this image.

Please login or register to see this link.

created · Feb 25, 2016 at 06:09 PM · 

edited · Jul 08, 2016 at 02:39 PM

Summary

All skills must pass a certification process before they can be published live to Amazon customers. See the submission checklist below for an overview of our certification process, including policy guidelines, security requirements, and the functional and user experience tests that we will perform on your skill. We will provide feedback or publish your skill within 7 business days in most cases.

If your skill does not meet one of Amazon's acceptance criteria or we have a question about your skill during the review process, we will notify you by using the email address associated with your account and provide guidance on next steps.

Please see 

for more information.

Keywords: certification, submission, skills, testing, review, feedback

KB_0389

Did anybody tried this?

Well...it's a hard knock life...for us.

I'm really awaiting the Fibaro-Skill for Alexa.

Right now, I even can talk to my Neato Botvac but not to my home automation center - that's weird...Zipato already has a Alexa Skill :-(

Meanwhile, the guys from siio have some nice workarounds:

1. With a Raspberry Pi (

)

2. Without a Raspberry Pi (

)

On ‎03‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, jakub.jezek said:

Did anybody tried this?

Linked Fibaro bridge with Eynio, found all the devices, linked Echo with Eynio, found some devices in the smart home section of Echo, but not working yet.

Guest fat

@T.Konopka is there any further update on this? Certification should only take 7 days according to the post above and the skill still isn't available

Also FYI for anyone wanting to purchase an Echo Dot, Amazon has $20 off when you order 3 Dots using the code DOT3PACK

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, StevoJD said:

I've just invested in an HC2 and some dimmers etc, I must say that so far I am more than a little disappointed with the lack of integration with 3rd party products and especially Echo.

Why do they not reply to this thread?  It is seriously disrespectful to all the people that have taken the time to contribute and clearly would like to continue to support FIBARO.

Not to worry...... even the mighty and arrogant companies LEARN, in the end, that users are the bread and butter.  Look at SONOS.  they similarly ignored mounting pressure from their user base. In the end the CEO, after getting a good kicking, relented.  I just do not understand how they can sit in their corporate bubbles and not get a good feel for user sentiments.

Fibaro, learn from other's mistakes.  I can cite IBM in the early 90's.  Tesco, the major supermarket here was on such a high they thought they did us a favour.  Look how hard they fell.  I will not bore you with the ongoing list.

SO lets see how long it takes Fibaro to learn that same painful message.  I am afraid that I have spent my life in a sector that was ALWAYS looking to CREATE trends rather than follow it

L

Edited by lennypenny

Now that the Skill is available in english Skill-Store, waiting goes on... for the german version :-)

WOW, Thanks the fibaro echo skill. works well and better then the HA Bridge, however the HA Bridge has some features that I'll still be using such as saying lights and whatever room the echo is in, it will know which lights I'm talking about. No more bedroom lights in the bedroom :-)

The skill works perfect on all devices/scenes.

Edited by Razvan

On ‎01‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 1:02 AM, markdyer said:

WOW, Thanks the fibaro echo skill. works well and better then the HA Bridge, however the HA Bridge has some features that I'll still be using such as saying lights and whatever room the echo is in, it will know which lights I'm talking about. No more bedroom lights in the bedroom :-)

Dear Markdyer,

can you kindly share how you do the room identification with the HA Bridge?

I have several Echo's in different rooms running the HA.

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by Alzi

On 5/2/2017 at 8:24 PM, Alzi said:

can you kindly share how you do the room identification with the HA Bridge?

I have several Echo's in different rooms running the HA.

Hi @Alzi

You can do this with Filter IPs.  Create a device called 'Lights' that controls all of your lights, and then assign the IP address of each Echo to the appropriate light, eg:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

You can specify multiple IP addresses separated by commas if you need to give several Echos the ability to control one light.

It works best if you can assign a fixed IP address to each Echo, which I believe you can do via the Advanced Settings when you configure the WiFi.

UPDATE 20-May-17

CORRECTION: It seems that this doesn't work with multiple Echos.  Contrary to what would seem to be logical, the IP address that is received at the HA Bridge could be from any of the Echos, not the one that responded to your voice.  The issue is documented here:

Dave

Edited by Dave Harrison
Information regarding Echo Round Robin execution

Maybe it´s a stupid question, but how can I get access to the english skill store of Alexa?

Because I only have the german Alexa App and I still can´t wait to get the german skill (maybe Fibaro never develop it)... 

Guest aj84

I'm sure most of you know unless I'm going mad but I accidently came across the Alexa skill for Fibaro just now.  I've installed it and 77 devices just got found - I'm not at home but I'll test once I get home

Seems like it came out a few days ago?

Ha ignore me - clearly its known if I had scrolled up a little!  For whatever reason I did not get a notification on this thread hence I thought I found it first :- )

5 hours ago, jojo1967 said:

Maybe it´s a stupid question, but how can I get access to the english skill store of Alexa?

Because I only have the german Alexa App and I still can´t wait to get the german skill (maybe Fibaro never develop it)... 

the alexa skill plugin from what i have found, it is only available in english.  There are many users that have been asking about this exact same thing..

Does it mean, that I can´t use it in Germany? I hoped to get it with a workaround and to use it with english commands until Fibaro develops an german skill....

3 hours ago, jojo1967 said:

Does it mean, that I can´t use it in Germany? I hoped to get it with a workaround and to use it with english commands until Fibaro develops an german skill....

from what i can tell, my guess is that its based on what country your amazon account is registered in and that the Echo in your case, uses a German IP address based on your location.  I know thats how the google home works. you can physically change the IP address to an american address, allowing you access to the new feature of adding multiple accounts for voice recognition.  

if you cant find the skill in your Amazon account, than thats limitation based on your location...

Any plans for a "German" Alexa Skill? Otherwise i have to go back to ha-bridge!

Edited by nukeman

This worked for me:

Login to Amazon Prime. Under Content and Devices > Settings > Country Settings, don't click the big change button, rather click the small link below and follow the instructions. That'll change your content-account to use the US-store. If you have to insert an address in the US, you're doing the wrong thing.

the fibaro skill was then available. Of course in English, but for testing and stuff that's ok. As I do not have many content with Amazon that solution (for now) works for me...