Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Global Cache GC-100

AutoFrank

Question

Hi,

Looking for some help with some VD code for a Global cache GC-100-12 as I can seem to get anything to work

My TV is connected to IR Port 3 on the gc device

i used the GCIRE learner for the power button on the remote

This is the string I got

Please login or register to see this code.

in the iLearn app the first two lines are colored - not sure what this means but I took the whole string.....

I changed the second number after the sendir from 

sendir,1:1

to 

sendir,1:3 as I am using port 3 on the GC unit

(I also changed this to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and none of them work)

I created a VD with the following

I included both 0x0D and 0x0D0x0A at the end of the sent string and neither worked

I also tried some lua code in a VD with the /r at the end and no luck with that either

Please login or register to see this code.

finally i tried a reboot in case I had too many socket connections open but that didnt make any difference

Would somebody that has this working have a look and perhaps let me know where I have gone wrong

Thanks

-frustrated

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

Hi Frank,

Does the GC blink when you try to send something to it? First you need to make sure that the GC receives the request. If it does blink the initial setup/link is correct and there is something wrong in the coding you are sending to the TV. Is the port right? (40000)

Im using the below code here to control my Samsung 55" (7005 series):

sendir,1:3,1,38000,1,1,172,172,22,64,22,64,22,64,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,64,22,64,22,64,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,21,22,64,22,21,22,21,22,64,22,64,22,21,22,21,22,64,22,21,22,64,22,64,22,21,22,21,22,64,22,64,22,21,22,18200x0D0x0A

and my VD is setup with IP adress and port 4998. You need to make sure those 2 also are the same as in the GC.

I control many things with IR and GC and though it took some time to get it working - it has been bulletproof since :) (TV, Projector, Screen, Subwoofer and so on)

Try changing the 0 to 1 just before the portnumer you are using.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks I managed to get it working in the last week or so.

I had to purchase the GC learner and used iLearn and iTest to verify good  IR codes outside HC2. I also had to use an offset for my TV codes.

It also took me a while to figure out the connection between the X and Y in the  "sendir,X:Y,1,38000....." string to the actual ports on the GC-100-12 (see attached rough drawing) but now the strings are working well.

The documentation is very scarce from either the fibaro forum or even the GC forum.

I do have some sequences that are not firing in the right order or cadence but I think that's related to the overall scene instability that I am experiencing with 4.100

-rgds

Frank