Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

AEON MultiSensor unable to install

BusterB1959

Question

I have a new Aeon Multisensor which is failing to install. If it does it installs and shows not configured.

I have removed multiple times and re-installed. I have factory reset the device. 

Does anyone have any suggestions, besides returning the device?

10 answers to this question

• Is it the MultiSensor 6?
  • What is the firmware version of the MultiSensor 6 (check the box, there is a label that states it)?

I recently buy Aeotec (AEON Labs) Multi-sensor Gen 5 (not version 6) with firmware version 1.2 and it doesn't work as expected. Inclusion went smoothly but after inclusion there are no parameters at all. Also values were not updated except if I press button on multi-sensor. Pressing button "Pull this device" did nothing. After adding some parameters it start to update values but motion sensor is still not usable so I think that I still missing some parameters. Inclusion was done with batteries inserted, not with USB. Here are some screenshots :

Master and motion sensor are hidden:

Here is parameter template version, but when "Use template for parameters" is checked there are no parameters at all:

So I unchecked "Use template for parameters" and added some parameters:

but still motion sensor is not working, light sensor is totally crazy and if light is approximately above 200 lux it shows 1000 lux, temperature is measuring lower for 1-2'C and humidity is lower for 2-3% when compared with measurement from Netatmo weather station and/or Fibaro motion sensor.

I bought it because it has humidity sensor and it can be placed outside, but it is completely waste of money unless someone has some advice for me what to do to make it working better with HC2?

Edited by Sankotronic
Attachment quota filled up / deleting older stuff sorry :-(

i have the same problem - motion sensos didnt work :/

i have only one update of this sensor - 3days ago.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

i know from other sources, that the same situatuion is with multisensor gen6.

Fibaro, why we doesnt have template for this devices?

How long we need to wait for this?

Aeon MultiSensor 6 has parameters template in HC2 since a few firmware versions ago. I have two of them and both are working fine now except the batteries only last max 3+ months instead of 1 year as mentioned in manufacturer's materials.

Template ID should be 755.

Hi,

did anybody find find out how to get the Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 to report movement? 

I have a multi sensor 6 and that works fine but the older version doesn't report movement.  I'm assuming it's a parameter we need to set or some confirguration link. Anybody know the fix? I've got 4 of them and none report movement.

thsbks in advance for any help!

1 hour ago, CelticWebs said:

Hi,

did anybody find find out how to get the Aeotec Multisensor Gen 5 to report movement? 

I have a multi sensor 6 and that works fine but the older version doesn't report movement.  I'm assuming it's a parameter we need to set or some confirguration link. Anybody know the fix? I've got 4 of them and none report movement.

thsbks in advance for any help!

@CelticWebs this is how I did it. Good luck

Jim

Thanks Jim,

ill give those settings pictured in the post a whirl and see how I get on.

Celtic.

Seems to have worked perfectly using those settings :)

Now all I need to do is find the parameters for a Yale Keyless lock I bought that doesn't update it's status but does actually work!

39 minutes ago, CelticWebs said:

Seems to have worked perfectly using those settings :)

Now all I need to do is find the parameters for a Yale Keyless lock I bought that doesn't update it's status but does actually work!

Glad it worked!!

Sorry can't help you with the lock.

Jim