Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 , cooling panel and HeatIT Thermostat

edevena

Question

Hello,

I bought a "HeatIt" thermostat and successfully used it for "Heating Panel" ( created a room,assigned thermostat to room,created "linked devices",assigned temperatur sensor of thermostat to it,created heating panel for room ). Everything works as expected.

I deleted the whole thing and started from scratch for a "cooling panel" but I can not make it work. The action are the same and the thermostat is in "cooling" mode but it does NOT follows the "heating panel" schedule.

Has someone managed to make it work ?

Eugenio

4 answers to this question

I have a heatit controller too. Are you able to set a temperature for 2hr or so. or more. Can you show me a setup photo from the linked heatit device?

if I go to Panels > Linked Devices > Linked Devices - Heating > add device > select Temperature Sensor > which switch did you select in this page? (add device)

Thanks a lot

I did assigned the heatit controller to the bathroom (Room)

Maybe this can help: 

Please login or register to see this link.

I ended up by not using linked devices at all, only selecting the room in the heating panel.

• Inquirer
  • ok. we can close the post. Official Fibaro support team( Marcin Janicki ) says

"Dear Sir,

Unfortunately at the moment the termostat are working only as heating. So you can sue only heating mode on the thermostat."

So we cannot use thermostat for cooling. Too bad for me as I have a fancoil solution that are used both for cooling and heating. I would have to use relays on every fancoil ( >100 ), while I could just substitute the old thermostat with new z-wave controlled. I leave the thing .