Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Make HomeCenter play custom notification sounds

GustavB

Recent months I´we been looking for a way to get my HomeCenter to play different notificationsounds. The only way to do this today (what I´we discovered) is to either get a Sonos Speaker, a PC with VLC or a Rasberry PI. Other simular systems have this integrated in the software. 

So i was thinking, how about if you could upload different soundfiles (wav for example) to the HC from the web interface. Then in a scene you could add (like push notifications) the sound notifications to a specifik device? 

Very useful when the front door opens, or when the alarm is triggerd, or when the washer is finished for example!

What does the crowd say?

Guest cuprum

Do You mean voice notifications on other (mobile - for example) or messages on Fibaro HC itself? ;)

Actually, for HC2 there is quite little to add - only LUA's os.execute is needed. In system there is a "play" already on place and it's working! Only restriction - no MP3 (but at least ogg is playing well - tested with a internet radio stream and speakers, connected to "green" 3.5 mm port).

• Topic Author
  • Okay! 

The feature a was looking for was the ability to send soundnotifications from the HC to a specifik mobile device. I have two Ipads on the wall which serves as a pair of panels. It would be nice if the panel could play sound notifications when the door opens or when a scen turns all the lights on or of.

I have seen that other systems has this funcionality!

so? buy/install custom sound, set on ipad to play them for push messages and send simply push (whenetver you wish) to HC2 and you will get your custom sound

Guest cuprum
    10 hours ago, GustavB said:

Okay! 

The feature a was looking for was the ability to send soundnotifications from the HC to a specifik mobile device.

Hoi again - some times ago i played on *android* with the ImperiHome and TextToSpeech and got some working results. So actually this is not a idea anymore ;)

But, yep - functionality was limited by bounds of my home network, and cause of that i do not use this solution anymore. About overall (sol.) description - sorry, not right now and khmm, may-be not here also (offtop.). But, if remember correctly, then here (in this forum) also was some toppics about this & TheNet is also full about phrases "ImperiHome TTS".

• Topic Author
  • I managed to solve this quite easy.

As tinman suggested, I downloaded a notificationreader that reads all of my notifications from HC. Maybe not the most good looking solution, but it works great.

• Like 1