Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Multisensor 6 - Bathroom Humidity

gordz

Question

Hi All, hope you can help me. 

I want to install this in my bathroom, which when humidity changes value to X it turns on the fan, and then when it gets back to Y it turns it off.  seems simple, i hope so.

On default, it checks the humidity way to infrequently. I presume the parameter is set to check way to long apart. So i can check it every minute, but surely that will  kill the batteries and is a waste as the shower/bath is only used twice a day  ?

Some advise would be really appreciated. 

9 answers to this question

Hi!

You can set parameters 42, 101 and 111 to set the time interval and/or the threshold when the sensor need to report back to the controller.

For me it reports when the humidity change is 4% and every 10 minutes.

@Cafun did u have any issue getting the parameters to stick? my one keeps reverting the temperature parameter and wont report in at all :( any tips for me

Edited by amurray85
added in tag

i have mine on a external power supply (DIN RAIL Power / supply 5V.)I also use this sensor to turn on/off my ventilation in my bathroom. Works like a charm. any interest in the scene let me know

5 minutes ago, samuel said:

i have mine on a external power supply (DIN RAIL Power / supply 5V.)I also use this sensor to turn on/off my ventilation in my bathroom. Works like a charm. any interest in the scene let me know

Hi @samuel

I also have mine on an external power supply and use these

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2017_02/Capture.PNG.e9de89e42dba3e14890a080c1536d22b.PNG" alt="Capture.PNG" />

Currently it just controls the demist in the bathroom mirrors but I plan on extending to control the fan also

Main Loop code below if interested

Please login or register to see this code.

On 7/2/2017 at 8:00 AM, amurray85 said:

@Cafun did u have any issue getting the parameters to stick? my one keeps reverting the temperature parameter and wont report in at all :( any tips for me

I have the same situation. Parameter 41 keeps staying at some very big values, like 6424577 and when i'm trying to change it to fx. 5, it's reporting a another different big value...

On 7-2-2017 at 8:00 AM, amurray85 said:

13 hours ago, jires said:

I have the same situation. Parameter 41 keeps staying at some very big values, like 6424577 and when i'm trying to change it to fx. 5, it's reporting a another different big value...

Yes, parameter 41 keeps staying at some very big values. I was hoping it was only a gui bug, but I'm not sure.

Temperature reporting is working at my place though, but I set parameter 101 and 111 to report temperature (and others) every 5 minutes (but I have USB powered my device).

Yeah I ended up using usb and changed it to report group 1 every few minutes. Haven't had a problem since but that issue with the temperature parameter still exists. Can't change it to its default value.

Im trying to implement the script of @AutoFrank in my HC2...

I do have a multigen6 and want to use its humidity sensor to switch on or off the Air ventilation in my bathroom.

I want to have two rules...

When the movement sensor detects someone getting inside of the bathroom, i want the light (ID 154 ) to go on and the switch for the air ventilation to go on as well (ID 159 )
However, when the humidity sensor (ID 325) detects that the percentage is too high ( my toilet and the shower are in the same room) the switch for the air ventilation should be turned on as well.

I dont know exactly where to start, ive tried to rebuild a script for sending a message to my cellphone when the laundry was ready by messuring its power and compair it with the value taken a minut before... but I m kinda lost how to proceed...
Can anyone help me getting on the right way ?

script using for the laundry :

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
%% globals
--]]
local sourceTrigger = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();

-- Dit is de functie die verderop aangeroepen word.
-- De scene loopt iedere minuut
function tempFunc()
local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
if ( ( (math.floor(os.time()/60)-math.floor(1472556360/60))%1 == 0 )) then

--Uitlezen laatste verbruik uit de variabele die vorige cyclus is weggeschreven
local LaatstePower = tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("LastWattWasmachine"))
if LaatstePower > 5 and tonumber(fibaro:getValue(203, "power")) < 5 then
fibaro:call(139, "sendDefinedPushNotification", "312"); --anna 312 is bericht 139 telefoon
fibaro:call(206, "sendDefinedPushNotification", "312"); --dj 312 is bericht 206 telefoon
end

-- Sla de waarde van het laatste stroomverbruik op voor een volgende test
fibaro:setGlobal("LastWattWasmachine", fibaro:getValue(203, "power")) --opslaan laatste stroomverbruik
end
setTimeout(tempFunc, 60*1000)
end

-- Onderstaande regels zorgen dat de scene gestart word.
if (sourceTrigger["type"] == "autostart") then
tempFunc()
end

1 hour ago, SpaceCompany said:

Im trying to implement the script of @AutoFrank in my HC2...

I do have a multigen6 and want to use its humidity sensor to switch on or off the Air ventilation in my bathroom.

I want to have two rules...

When the movement sensor detects someone getting inside of the bathroom, i want the light (ID 154 ) to go on and the switch for the air ventilation to go on as well (ID 159 )
However, when the humidity sensor (ID 325) detects that the percentage is too high ( my toilet and the shower are in the same room) the switch for the air ventilation should be turned on as well.

I dont know exactly where to start, ive tried to rebuild a script for sending a message to my cellphone when the laundry was ready by messuring its power and compair it with the value taken a minut before... but I m kinda lost how to proceed...
Can anyone help me getting on the right way ?

script using for the laundry :

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
%% globals
--]]
local sourceTrigger = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();

-- Dit is de functie die verderop aangeroepen word.
-- De scene loopt iedere minuut
function tempFunc()
local startSource = fibaro:getSourceTrigger();
if ( ( (math.floor(os.time()/60)-math.floor(1472556360/60))%1 == 0 )) then

--Uitlezen laatste verbruik uit de variabele die vorige cyclus is weggeschreven
local LaatstePower = tonumber(fibaro:getGlobalValue("LastWattWasmachine"))
if LaatstePower > 5 and tonumber(fibaro:getValue(203, "power")) < 5 then
fibaro:call(139, "sendDefinedPushNotification", "312"); --anna 312 is bericht 139 telefoon
fibaro:call(206, "sendDefinedPushNotification", "312"); --dj 312 is bericht 206 telefoon
end

-- Sla de waarde van het laatste stroomverbruik op voor een volgende test
fibaro:setGlobal("LastWattWasmachine", fibaro:getValue(203, "power")) --opslaan laatste stroomverbruik
end
setTimeout(tempFunc, 60*1000)
end

-- Onderstaande regels zorgen dat de scene gestart word.
if (sourceTrigger["type"] == "autostart") then
tempFunc()
end

Hi @SpaceCompany

I have a script (vd) that uses the ms6 humidity to turn on a mirror demist that uses a Fibaro twin relay.

It should be easy to adapt it to what you want.

I'm away from the house for a few days but if I can pull it off my NAS I'll send on, otherwise it'll be wednesday before o can send on.

-f

@SpaceCompany

Here you go 

You just need to add an if look to check for movement and change the action from my demist to your ventilation 

Please login or register to see this attachment.