Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL, remotec ZXT-120 and AC

janton

Hi everyone,

I need help... so if anybody can give me a hand I will be very grateful.

I have following hardware: Home Center Lite, Remotec ZXT-120 and Air condition unit.

I am able to control AC through Fibaro app, everything is OK with that. I can remotely turn AC ON, OFF and select heating and temperature.

Challenge: The AC unit accepts only 16 degrees as minimun heating value. The cabin is only used time to time and mostly it is unoccupied and temperature inside should be only 5 degrees. When arriving to cabin temperature should be increased to 21 degrees through Fibaro app.

How this could be solved with HCL ?

I can make following scenes

1. a block scene which will turn up AC to heat when temperature in cabin is below 5 degrees.

2. second block scene 2 which will turn off AC from heating when temperature is 7 degrees.

3. third block scene which will turn up AC to heat 21 degrees.

But the second scene will then turn off the third scene. (loop)

I really need help with this one...

On 11/16/2016 at 9:05 PM, janton said:

Hi everyone,

I need help... so if anybody can give me a hand I will be very grateful.

I have following hardware: Home Center Lite, Remotec ZXT-120 and Air condition unit.

I am able to control AC through Fibaro app, everything is OK with that. I can remotely turn AC ON, OFF and select heating and temperature.

Challenge: The AC unit accepts only 16 degrees as minimun heating value. The cabin is only used time to time and mostly it is unoccupied and temperature inside should be only 5 degrees. When arriving to cabin temperature should be increased to 21 degrees through Fibaro app.

How this could be solved with HCL ?

I can make following scenes

1. a block scene which will turn up AC to heat when temperature in cabin is below 5 degrees.

2. second block scene 2 which will turn off AC from heating when temperature is 7 degrees.

3. third block scene which will turn up AC to heat 21 degrees.

But the second scene will then turn off the third scene. (loop)

I really need help with this one...

hi janton,

some questions to try to help you:

- cabin = room?

- the AC is an heater or air conditioning? I mean that the 5 degrees should be cooled down by the unit or because you live in Finland it is just the ambient temperature if you do not heat it?

- how do you measure the temperature in the room? With a FIbaro Motion Sensor?

- how do you know if someone is inside the room? With a FIbaro Motion Sensor? Door sensor? Something else?

Edited by Flowy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 18.11.2016 at 6:23 PM, Flowy said:

hi janton,

some questions to try to help you:

- cabin = room?

- the AC is an heater or air conditioning? I mean that the 5 degrees should be cooled down by the unit or because you live in Finland it is just the ambient temperature if you do not heat it?

- how do you measure the temperature in the room? With a FIbaro Motion Sensor?

- how do you know if someone is inside the room? With a FIbaro Motion Sensor? Door sensor? Something else?

Hi Flowy and others,

- Cabin ? => summer cottage

- the AC is an heater or air conditioning? => It is air conditioning. But in Finland it is -20 degrees in winter time, so we use it for heating at winter. If AC is OFF the temperature of summer cottage will drop to outside temperature (-20 degrees).

- how do you measure the temperature in the room? => With Fibaro smoke sensor.

- how do you know if someone is inside the room? => With variable (home and away), also there is manual scenes related to this variable. You can start a scenes "Away" and "Home" from Fibaro smart phone app.

If I get you right, you call the scene to warm up when you plan to go to the cabin, do you? 

So your second scene should check the "home" or "away" global value, and adjust the temperature to 7 degree when away and 21 when home.