Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Feature Request] E-mail text extend lenght

Sankotronic

Posibility that HC can send e-mails is great! But unfortunately length of text that can be sent is too short. I have a scene that checks battery status of all battery powered sensors and I'm unable to send status of all of them. This is e-mail text:

Please login or register to see this code.

and this is what it should be copied from debug window of the scene:

As you can see text in e-mail body is cut off. Because of that for now I put on hold to make some other reports since they will be also uncomplete.

So, Fibaro is it possible to extend size of e-mail body?

• 4 weeks later...
On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 0:39 PM, Sankotronic said:

Posibility that HC can send e-mails is great! But unfortunately length of text that can be sent is too short. I have a scene that checks battery status of all battery powered sensors and I'm unable to send status of all of them. This is e-mail text:

and this is what it should be copied from debug window of the scene:

As you can see text in e-mail body is cut off. Because of that for now I put on hold to make some other reports since they will be also uncomplete.

So, Fibaro is it possible to extend size of e-mail body?

Hi Sankotronic 

I have a similar issue but in my case if the content is too long the email doesn't send at all.

Does your email send but it's truncated ?

Thanks

Frank 

• Topic Author
  • Hi @AutoFrank

I still get e-mail to my inbox, it is just truncated. In the meantime I rewrite my scene so now I get all sensors if none of them has empty battery. But soon I will receive few more sensors soon and then it will be definitely not possible to squeeze them all in one e-mail. It is just too short and need to be extended. I even don't consider my system as large!

4 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @AutoFrank

I still get e-mail to my inbox, it is just truncated. In the meantime I rewrite my scene so now I get all sensors if none of them has empty battery. But soon I will receive few more sensors soon and then it will be definitely not possible to squeeze them all in one e-mail. It is just too short and need to be extended. I even don't consider my system as large!

Thx

Could you share your code...

Mine doesn't even get sent 

I added a second line that sends a simple email to confirm that it's not an email client issue

Not sure what is happening with mine 

Frank 

• Topic Author
  • Hi @AutoFrank

I just started to share all of my code that I done for my HA system. You can see in my signature first four. I will do Battery check scene too.

17 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @AutoFrank

I just started to share all of my code that I done for my HA system. You can see in my signature first four. I will do Battery check scene too.

Thanks

Much appreciated

-frank