Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double relay switch not working correctly

mustangmaniac66

Hi everyone , i'm having a problem with my double relay switch. sometimes it works like it should  and turns the lights on and off by pressing 1 time on the pushbutton., but most of the time i have to push 2,3 or more times to make this happen. When it's not working correctly and i keep the pushbutton pressed in the light flickers fast . Enyone out there any idea what could be the problem here?

Thanks

sorry for any misspelling but english is not my native language.

Hi, can you write more about your installation?

where you live (what power you got 120V? 230V?)

What load you use and how many?

Hi Mustang,

Sounds like the relay contacts are welded together -

Please login or register to see this link.

This usually happens due to high in-rush currents.

There’s a chance you can “free” the contacts by gently tapping the device with the back of a screwdriver (disconnect it from mains first) so it's worth trying and see what happens.

Hope this makes sense.

Enrico

• Topic Author
  • Hi, firtst of all thanks for the quick response. I live in Belgium ( Antwerp) and my powersource is 230v. The load on S1 is a normal lightbulb 25w, on S2 there are led lights (about 50w). I recently replaced my relay switch with a new one because it displayed the same problem.  I installed the old one in another location (further away from the controller) hooked it up with a toggle switch and it works fine.. Activating the relays via the controller works every time.

Luc

1 hour ago, mustangmaniac66 said:

Hi, firtst of all thanks for the quick response. I live in Belgium ( Antwerp) and my powersource is 230v. The load on S1 is a normal lightbulb 25w, on S2 there are led lights (about 50w). I recently replaced my relay switch with a new one because it displayed the same problem.  I installed the old one in another location (further away from the controller) hooked it up with a toggle switch and it works fine.. Activating the relays via the controller works every time.

Luc

As you can read in the link I sent you, the problem is not related to the load applied to the relay means total watts, but the type of the load: inductance, resistance and so on.
    I had the same your problem and I have behaved in the same way: by moving the relay that gave me problems to another room, utilizing a new one on the highlights that I gave solving problems.
    I studied this issue closely and if is not normal, the only solution is to install another relay (if you have space...)after fibaro module make sure that both this relay to drive the load.

Enrico

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

• Topic Author
  • Hi, problem solved. I had a dimmermodule hooked up in the same circuit. Must have used a wrong wire somewhere because i removed the dimmer and connected all the lights to the double switch and it works fine now. Thanks for all the reply' s

• 3 weeks later...
    On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:36 AM, mustangmaniac66 said:

Hi, problem solved. I had a dimmermodule hooked up in the same circuit. Must have used a wrong wire somewhere because i removed the dimmer and connected all the lights to the double switch and it works fine now. Thanks for all the reply' s

Good!!

:-D