Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Inclusion/Exclusion FGK feedback

Quikdav

Dear All

Here is a feedback of my last inclusion/exclusion for doors sensors from Fibaro (FGK)

I had 2 FGS that were not communicating with my HC2. Why, I don't know because they were working since many months !!!

So I tried soft reconfiguration without positive results.

I decided to exclude them and include them again. I'm always affraid with inclusion/exclusion with FGK

First FGK. I succeeded to exclude it. Then I tried to include it. First inclusion, I had a cardboard box recognized as a simple fibaro zwave device. Not a door sensor. So I decided to exclude it. Successfull. I included it again. Same result but with ID = 0 !!! very strange. So I excluded it a third time to avoid future issues. Successful. I included it again and it was the good one. I had a fibaro door sensor. So it took me about 1 hour just for excluding/including a single FGK

For my second FGK, it is globaly the same. During exclusion, I saw that and other ID was excluded. I had to know now which device has been deleted (it is not my FGK)

So to conclude, after several years of existence, I do not understand why such basic process is not shielded and more reliable !!!!

The question is open...

Thanks

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Dnia 18.11.2016 o 10:39, Quikdav napisał:

First FGK. I succeeded to exclude it. Then I tried to include it. First inclusion, I had a cardboard box recognized as a simple fibaro zwave device. Not a door sensor. So I decided to exclude it. Successfull. I included it again. Same result but with ID = 0 !!! very strange. So I excluded it a third time to avoid future issues. Successful. I included it again and it was the good one. I had a fibaro door sensor. So it took me about 1 hour just for excluding/including a single FGK

For my second FGK, it is globaly the same. During exclusion, I saw that and other ID was excluded. I had to know now which device has been deleted (it is not my FGK)

Hello,

So you have two FGKs that you finally included successfully. Then you tried to exclude one of them and you do not know which one was excluded?

How far away did you have FGK while including it? What is the version of your FGK and what system software do you use?

• Topic Author
  • Hello

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I managed to exclude them but after several attempts... One on my FGKs is about 4 meters without obstacle. The second one is far away but the exclusion process was successful except that one time, the ID was 0, an other time, I had the cardboard box. It was successfull at the third or fourth time !!! I finally took down the sensor to run the exclusion and inclusion.

So how the inclusion process can be done with ID 0 or cardboard box as a result ?

My FGK versions are 2.1 and I use firmware 4.1

Thanks

Edited by Quikdav

So, what's the exact procedure to exclude/re include those door sensors? Every time i  had to replace the battery, it's a mess.

Today i did it on one of them, but just replacing the battery doens't make it work again. I tried exclusion then inclusion, then resetting the sensor and re including it again.

Nothing worked.

I've to say my sensor is far away from the HC2, and it's connected to it by two repeaters. Is it mandatory to have the sensor directly visible from hc2 to include/exclude it? Does this mean that each time i need to change the battery, i've to remove the sensor? Or, take the hc2 close to it? If so, it's a pain in the ass....

Please explain clearly what the inclusion/exclusion procedures are... which is the tmp button to press 3 times? the bottom one or the inner one?

Many thanks

Simone

Edited by onesim

• Topic Author
  • Same for me yesterday. I changed the battery and the sensor was not working at all whereas it is not far away from the box. So I removed it, push the TMP button to exclude it and include it again and it works. I note it  always works when you remove the sensor to exclude and include it again but I'm fed up with this way to do because I have to check all the scenes related to this sensor and to glue the sensor again. It seems that we need to release the TMP button each time we have to do something with this sensor. As if it is a way to soft initialize or soft reset it !!!!

From all of my sensors, it is really the more painful to manage !!!