Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problems adding FGSD-002 to HC2

eGuard

Hello all,

I have a HC2 with several modules, i recently purchased 5 pcs  FGSD-002 smoke sensors to include in the setup.

Last week i have added 1 sensor in the Garage, without any problems, everything working fine.

Now i wanted to add the ones for the kitchen and for the living room. I followed the procedure as described in the manual.

During the adding device proces, the devices are added. But when I go to unassigned devices, it shows the smoke sensor is a motion sensor. 

I grabbed the second smoke sensor, followed the procedure again, but with same result. Both end up as motion sensor and not as smoke sensor.

In addition to that, it shows that the battery level is low.

I have tried:

- rebooting the HC2, both through reboot button in the software, as well as a hard reboot by unplugging the power.

- I have resetted the smoke sensors

- I have tried to keep pressing the b button while the device is added

- I have changed the device in the software to smoke sensor, but temperature readings remain 0 and the battery level states low.

When added, the devices are recognised as Fibaro device  (manufacturer), but the part number remains empty.

The sensors are both brand new, I took them straight from the sealed box to the include process.

Setup:

1 x HC2

3 x zwave.me dimmer

3 x zwave.me wall switch

1 x fibaro smoke sensor

3 x zwave.me shutter switch

5 x fibaro v2 roller shutter

(4 x fibaro smoke sensor)

The HC2 is connected to a router, the router is not connected to internet.

Does anyone have an idea what i can do to include these smoke sensors properly?