Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Feature Request] Virtual Devices (VD) and icon change

Sankotronic

Is it possible to add feature that when VD main icon is changed that are also changed icons of all buttons on that VD with the same icon at the same time?

It is really tiresome to change icons on all buttons one by one, especially if VD has plenty of them like the ones that are remote controls?

It would be really nice to have this feature. Pleeeease Fibaro in some of the next releases.

Dnia 22.11.2016 o 16:55, Sankotronic napisał:

Is it possible to add feature that when VD main icon is changed that are also changed icons of all buttons on that VD with the same icon at the same time?

It is really tiresome to change icons on all buttons one by one, especially if VD has plenty of them like the ones that are remote controls?

Hello,

Can you elaborate?

What you meant is when you change the main icon of VD you want all buttons' icons in that VD to be changed to the main one?

• Topic Author
  • When I add new virtual device with many buttons and I don't want to see that default blue box icon when I press some button in that virtual device then I have to individually replace icon for each button. So instead to change each button icon individually it would be very nice when MAIN icon of the VD is changed that this action automatically replace icons of all buttons in VD with the same icon. See picture bellow:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

31 minut temu, Sankotronic napisał:

When I add new virtual device with many buttons and I don't want to see that default blue box icon when I press some button in that virtual device then I have to individually replace icon for each button. So instead to change each button icon individually it would be very nice when MAIN icon of the VD is changed that this action automatically replace icons of all buttons in VD with the same icon. See picture bellow:

That was what I thought but now it is crystal clear :) Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I was just about to post the same request with a slightly different implementation. Such a headache and waste of time the way it currently works.

My idea was:

Button/slider has the default blue box icon = ignore VD icon change

Button/slider has custom icon = update VD icon

+ @Sankotronic 's idea of updating button icons that have the same icon as the main VD when the main VD icon is changed manually (but only if changing from a custom icon, ie: not changing from the default blue box. This is so when the main VD icon is first changed all the default button icons don't get changed also.) That would be tops! :mrgreen:

No one wants to see the blue box, ever. I mostly use, at least on HC2, LUA to keep the VD icon accurate as a status indicator rather than button presses. Using the buttons to update the VD icon is still useful in some applications so shouldn't be discarded completely.

In this example (without LUA) controlling the volume should not update the VD icon and pressing the power off button should reset the VD icon to the main icon.

Edited by seiq